Lee Hughes

Got my weekly call from Lee today and he asked me to wish all Oldham fans all the best for the festive season.

Spoke very highly of Oldham fans yet again stating that we have not been bettered at any club he has been at.

He was fairly upbeat,certainly after being re-assured that the players wages at Notts Co. would be in place for the rest of the season. Described the club as in turmoil but as long as Erickson was at the forefront things would be okay.

Barry

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got my weekly call from Lee today and he asked me to wish all Oldham fans all the best for the festive season.

Spoke very highly of Oldham fans yet again stating that we have not been bettered at any club he has been at.

He was fairly upbeat,certainly after being re-assured that the players wages at Notts Co. would be in place for the rest of the season. Described the club as in turmoil but as long as Erickson was at the forefront things would be okay.

Barry

Sorry Eriksson

Barry

Sign him up!

To think we were pretty much begging him to sign that lucrative deal in January, but come the end of the season we wouldn't even offer him an extension deal to the terms he was already on, despite him netting 18 times for us.

Abbott and Hughes could have worked well up front.

Sign him up!

To think we were pretty much begging him to sign that lucrative deal in January, but come the end of the season we wouldn't even offer him an extension deal to the terms he was already on, despite him netting 18 times for us.

abbott and hughes would have worked well upfront.

Sign him up!

Jesus, here we go again......

thanks for the good wishes,

as for the move to notts county, cant really blame him, hes no spring chicken and a place that is offering him that amount of money near retirement, who hear can say they wouldnt do the same?

if things go bad at notts county and hes interested in a deal i think we should look into it, its not about vendetta its about getting the right man for the right job, and hes proven he can do it.

Barry, next time he calls you can you put him through to someone who gives a fck? In the past, move along nothing to see...the scumbag put this club's good name through the mill.

Lots of things are in the club's past - that's, obviously, our history, good or bad. And because it's recent history lots of people are still interested. I'll disagree with your last comment (scumbag etc) but even if I did agree I'd still have an interest in any contact he had with the club.

Edited by LaticsPete

if things go bad at notts county and hes interested in a deal i think we should look into it, its not about vendetta its about getting the right man for the right job, and hes proven he can do it.

It is about getting the right man your right but he will be part of a team and he will be expected to work alongside them everyday. His goals will be welcome ofcourse but will his mid match arguements with the bench that seemed to characterise his performances at the end of last season as fans don't forget we aren't the ones working with him everyday It was Joe Royle that realised this and got rid of him.

Good to hear all's good for him in NEMO territory despite the disruption there. Would have him back at BP in a flash.

And I can fully understand him thinking more of Latics fans than Baggies ones...it's not hard to support a player when he's banging in the goals for you. The majority of Latics fans got behind Hughesy from the start, despite all the stick he got from opposing fans...Oldham gave him a second chance and he clearly appreciates it.

Barry, next time he calls you can you put him through to someone who gives a fck? In the past, move along nothing to see...the scumbag put this club's good name through the mill.

What an honestly pathetic post. Not many things rile me on this board any more, but that just did. I'm sure Barry spent a lot of time with Lee and I think its good that Hughesy still obviously gives a crap enough to call him and let him know how he is getting on - i'm sure he very much gives a fck as you so eloquently put.. If in addition Hughesy has some good words to say about our fans then fine, we dont deserve it.

Now, I know how much of a muppet hughes could be as the rest of you - trust me I do - but this type of response? Sorry, pointless and not needed. There are other things that have done far more damage to the club over th last few years than Lee Hughes.

In the past? I'd love to see what you would write about if the past was banned! Good or not! It would be a pretty negative dicussion anyway.

Anyway... off i toddle again...

:popcorn1:

Edited by BigfinLatic

What an honestly pathetic post. Not many things rile me on this board any more, but that just did. I'm sure Barry spent a lot of time with Lee and I think its good that Hughesy still obviously gives a crap enough to call him and let him know how he is getting on - i'm sure he very much gives a fck as you so eloquently put.. If in addition Hughesy has some good words to say about our fans then fine, we dont deserve it.

Now, I know how much of a muppet hughes could be as the rest of you - trust me I do - but this type of response? Sorry, pointless and not needed. There are other things that have done far more damage to the club over th last few years than Lee Hughes.

In the past? I'd love to see what you would write about if the past was banned! Good or not! It would be a pretty negative dicussion anyway.

Anyway... off i toddle again...

:popcorn1:

I couldnt agree more. Barry lets us know that an ex player is passing on his good wishes and that is the response you get from someone. Sad really.