Lee Hughes

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am all for taking Barry to task about his lack of stepping off the fence, but for posting an ex player's best wishes to the fans??? come on folks!. Besides this current crop wouldn't have a seconds glance back once they've gone. Which is the worse?

I am all for taking Barry to task about his lack of stepping off the fence, but for posting an ex player's best wishes to the fans??? come on folks!. Besides this current crop wouldn't have a seconds glance back once they've gone. Which is the worse?

I think considering how little we hear from him and then he posts this sort of stuff. I think that is what gets to people when he finally dose post.

Never really had a strong opinion of him either way while he was at the club. Took him a bit to get going, naturally, and once he was in his groove there wasn't many as good as him at this level. But as others have said, lots of baggage and a few disturbing rumours flying round. I think him leaving was always going to be on the cards.

I'd rather have Heffernan though.

Please tell me you dont really mean that?????? I bet you were one of the ones who thought Whittaker was better than Wellens aswell :shock:

I'd rather have Beckett, better record and could take a penalty too...

Dont get that one either??? Literally leagues apart! Thought Beckett was a decent player but Hughes (like him or not) was way to good for this division. Beckett found his level, although was an honest decent professional unlike many of the lazy gits we have at the moment.

Dont get that one either??? Literally leagues apart! Thought Beckett was a decent player but Hughes (like him or not) was way to good for this division. Beckett found his level, although was an honest decent professional unlike many of the lazy gits we have at the moment.

I'd have Beckett over Hughes, Porter, Warne et al. Our best striker in the last ten years.

out on the piss all the time? Grabbing his manager by the throat, involved in other unsavoury incidents whilst on club outings?

So why the :censored: is he playing in the 4th Division? And not even top of the charts, take away his four penalties and he's been decidedly average and in a widely accepted weaker league, where Chris O'Grady, Hughes penalties apart has scored as many as him!!!!!!!! purple patch at the start of the season (a bit like last season) and not a lot since. (9 in his first 10 then only 6 in the last 13) He could be superb, but half the time he just couldn't be arsed/was still pissed and looked like he was running through treacle.

13 goals in his last 32 last season, is nothing special - Pav when he's fit can hit that ratio...

As for Hughes being way too good for this division, the only real Championship interest was from relegation haunted Donny, and who kept them up with a barrow load of goals? Oh yeah...Heff, where's he now? As for Hughes his spell at Blackpool at the end of last season proved to many that he was past it at that level one goal at already relegated Charlton proved that.

I could write about anything smartarse!

Just my opinion, signing Hughes was a PR disater, as were his well documented antics off the pitch that many on here know about and I'm not talking about the dogs incident. Hughes is a scumbag, goalscorer or not I and many others are glad he's no longer here. Why the :censored: Barry sees fit to post this bollocks when there's far more pressing issues he could be commenting on that peole actually give a :censored: about.

What next, we catch up for a chat with Chris Porter? Chris Makin? Kevin Moore perhaps? Oh and the club wanted rid of Hughes from the the end of November last year - no matter what Bazza says, if he could have been offloaded in January he would have been sold - only person who stopped that was Hughes himself, looking after number one.

Marlon King next?

Porter came off the bench an got a good header against Watford on saturday.

out on the piss all the time? Grabbing his manager by the throat, involved in other unsavoury incidents whilst on club outings?

So why the :censored: is he playing in the 4th Division? And not even top of the charts, take away his four penalties and he's been decidedly average and in a widely accepted weaker league, where Chris O'Grady, Hughes penalties apart has scored as many as him!!!!!!!! purple patch at the start of the season (a bit like last season) and not a lot since. (9 in his first 10 then only 6 in the last 13) He could be superb, but half the time he just couldn't be arsed/was still pissed and looked like he was running through treacle.

13 goals in his last 32 last season, is nothing special - Pav when he's fit can hit that ratio...

As for Hughes being way too good for this division, the only real Championship interest was from relegation haunted Donny, and who kept them up with a barrow load of goals? Oh yeah...Heff, where's he now? As for Hughes his spell at Blackpool at the end of last season proved to many that he was past it at that level one goal at already relegated Charlton proved that.

I think you will find if you re-read my post I meant Beckett was a good honest professional................ now calm down and breathe or you will stress yourself out again.

Not getting into the morals of Lee Hughes. That's been done to death on here.

However, from a playing perspective, I have not been impressed with his stats in division 4 this season as documented by Prozac above. 1 other stat is that the majority of his goals have come in home matches and he has in fact only scored in 2 league games away from Meadow Lane. For a player that was looking for a 2 and a half year contract this time 12 months ago and looking to be playing in the Championship, that is a disappointing return.

Doncaster didn't want to pay a fee for him, JR soon got rid and nobody from our or a higher level was prepared to take a chance on him in the summer. His options were to go to "big spending" Notts County in division 4 or come back to BP on a small wage. He may soon be regretting his choice, especially if Sven spits his dummy and looks for greener pastures if County's new owner doesn't come up with the promised "investment.".

A lot of good points on this, the main one being that this is all we hear from the trust.

I'd have Porter above any forward including Hughes over the past ten years. Injured, but a cut above all (and ran purfick with Warney).

Hughes, good whilst he played, whole hearted and skillful - on the pitch i can't fault him.

Off the pitch, it appears off what's been said a complete and utter dick and the only thing stopping a repeat performance is the lack of car keys in his pocket.

Edited by OldhamSheridan