• Brill
    • Day
    • Mawson
    • Blayney
    • Miskelly
    • Ironside
    • Keeley
    • Litchfield

Its laughable mate, how the f*ck Brill is leading this poll is anyones guess, i voted him as the best, 6 clean sheets in 16 games is far better than any of the others, as someone said he was on to beat Pogs record till he was dropped, we had one of the best defensive records in the league till he was dropped!

Talking about bad, maybe a bit harsh as he was young but that O'Donnell lad we had on loan, his performance at Luton wasn't the greatest, then his positioning for that goal against Bas Savage i'll never forget.

That was me, the purpose of the poll was to see if measured up against some of the real :censored:e we've had here over the years would people decide that Brill wasn't that bad? But like Colbeck a poor start has meant that people will judge him on previous errors. I've been one of his biggest critics but having seen that Hudds winner again I'm not so sure it wasn't just a great strike. He's all we've got at the moment so let's see what happens...

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been one of his biggest critics but having seen that Hudds winner again I'm not so sure it wasn't just a great strike.

It was a good hit but his positioning, and organisation of the wall was dreadful. I was sat behind him as he took it and there was a huge gap over to one side which was exploited.

Brill is a poor keeper IMO. All decent keepers drop clangers from time to time. They don't drop them the rate Brill does mind.

It was a good hit but his positioning, and organisation of the wall was dreadful. I was sat behind him as he took it and there was a huge gap over to one side which was exploited.

Brill is a poor keeper IMO. All decent keepers drop clangers from time to time. They don't drop them the rate Brill does mind.

Ok 15 games, 6 clean sheets, a fair few shots hitting the woodwork and a fair few have hit him luckily in the mush - but at least he was there.

Goals that can be directly attributed to Brill

1. Orient's equaliser although Greegs was equally culpable

2. Swindon's equaliser

3. Header v Hartlepool which he palmed in

4. Free-kick v Southampton

Then you can argue

5. Free-kick v Hartlepool but it was one helluva strike when you see it again

6. The o.g v Mongs which was very unfortunate

7. The winner v Huddersfield

it's not brilliant, but Pogs had similar runs of form and if people take the blinkers off so did Gary Kelly,Jon Hallworth and Paul Gerrard could be downright awful. As I say let's wait and see, if he's throwing them in week after week then Colonel cautious will have to act and either recall Fleming before 31st Jan or sign another stopper on loan.

Edited by oafcprozac

Ok 15 games, 6 clean sheets, a fair few shots hitting the woodwork and a fair few have hit him luckily in the mush - but at least he was there.

2. Swindon's equaliser

Then you can argue

it's not brilliant, but Pogs had similar runs of form and if people take the blinkers off so did Gary Kelly,Jon Hallworth and Paul Gerrard could be downright awful. As I say let's wait and see, if he's throwing them in week after week then Colonel cautious will have to act and either recall Fleming before 31st Jan or sign another stopper on loan.

Gregan's fault every day of the week that one.

If I remember correctly, El Capitano said so himself in his programme notes the following game.

2. Swindon's equaliser

Then you can argue

As good a keeper as he was, one of the worse mistakes I remember was Gerrard at home to Reading (Prozac?) in the Sharp era. A tame shot from the edge of the box was trickling through to PG, and somehow he managed to fumble it to the Reading striker to slot home. Think it was the game Beresford got his first goal for us....(Again, Prozac?)

As good a keeper as he was, one of the worse mistakes I remember was Gerrard at home to Reading (Prozac?) in the Sharp era. A tame shot from the edge of the box was trickling through to PG, and somehow he managed to fumble it to the Reading striker to slot home. Think it was the game Beresford got his first goal for us....(Again, Prozac?)

1-3 defeat near the start of 1994-95 season? Shaka Hislop in goal for the Royals?

I'm a bit hazy on the goals though.

Awful goal, Bez bagged the winner got the ball 40 yards out made a mug of the defender and smacked home! Great strike! Richardson had put us one up!

I'd class Rhodes in the best dodgy keeper mode too, and Pogs. Both had odd bouts of madness, and both were about the worst at kicking you're ever likely to see! Great keepers though.

Andy Rhodes and Ian Marshall sometimes had the ability to make the Keystone Cops look like they knew what they were doing. For every great save in front of the cameras (Arsenal and League Cup final), he would throw one in!!

How is Dean Brill on the best, but not Pogliacomi?!

Class keeper!

Worst would be old Jan for me (though Brill's running him close...)

because the post/poll is the best of the worst , not best of the best , hence why Pogi isnt in this.

Eh? Bringging him through teh youth team and selling him for £1m(?). Where's the mistake there?

Business wise, we did well, no question. But that was only because Joe Royle saw something in him (God knows what) and threw a wad of Evertons new found spare cash (From FA cup success and a European foray) at him.

We were all delighted to receive £1m for Gerrard and I don't remember anyone at the time disagreeing that Joe had paid well over the odds for him.

Joe then took him to Ipswich on loan which compounds his strange interest in PG.

As I recall, Gerrard then moved about quite a bit without much success other than a reasonable spell at Forest (Where he let in 3 goals, two of them howlers, against us).

He cost us quite a few games though, and his performance at White Hart Lane is the worst I have seen from any Latics player ever (Far worse than anything we've seen from Brill).

Business wise, we did well, no question. But that was only because Joe Royle saw something in him (God knows what) and threw a wad of Evertons new found spare cash (From FA cup success and a European foray) at him.

We were all delighted to receive £1m for Gerrard and I don't remember anyone at the time disagreeing that Joe had paid well over the odds for him.

Joe then took him to Ipswich on loan which compounds his strange interest in PG.

As I recall, Gerrard then moved about quite a bit without much success other than a reasonable spell at Forest (Where he let in 3 goals, two of them howlers, against us).

He cost us quite a few games though, and his performance at White Hart Lane is the worst I have seen from any Latics player ever (Far worse than anything we've seen from Brill).

Just putting things into perspective, we were up against a "very decent" top level side, not facing "very average" third division strikers.."

Saying that Gerrard was one who seemed to have potential and injuries followed him around a much as he seemed to follow Big JR.

£1mill for him though.. :lol: Cheers Joe.