The Hartlepool site says that while the game is defineitly going ahead they need fans support to lift the covers, which are coated with snow and ice, and to make safe the stands and certain areas of the car park. Volunteers required!

http://www.hartlepoolunited.co.uk/page/New...1920780,00.html

:shock:

:cardinal:

was really looking forward to this game today as I am footy starved, however, looking at the bloody snow and how thickly its coming down here in royton, we have decided to err on caution and not go.

M62 is open but we have got to get back over this side of the Pennines.

I really am distressed... :disappointed:

My hubby is too but he is a driver by trade an would be driving today too and its not worth it.

Good luck to all those who are venturing to get there no matter where your coming from. Be safe and pack your hip flasks, coffee flasks, blankets or bin liners (yes putting a bin liner on will keep you warm).

Hoping a win will keep us all warm too

Reason for edit:...dodgy "d" and "r" on keyboard....Santa did not bring me a new one..boo hoo

Edited by underdog

was really looking forward to this game today as I am footy starved, however, looking at the bloody snow and how thickly its coming down here in royton, we have decided to err on caution and not go.

M62 is open but we have got to get back over this side of the Pennines.

I really am distressed... :disappointed:

My hubby is too but he is a diver by trade an would be driving today too and its not worth it.

Good luck to all those who are venturing to get there no matter where your coming frrom. Be safe and pack your hip flasks, coffee flasks, blankets or bin liners (yes putting a bin line on will keep you warm).

Hoping a win will keep us all warm

You're married to Ronaldo!!??

If you haven't left yet ... BBC travel site reports (inter alia):

M62 West Yorkshire - Hazardous driving conditions and very slow traffic both ways , ice and snow between J22, Rishworth Moor and J24, Ainley Top. Matrix sign set to 30 mph

Left home in Blackpool just after Game On news at 9.10 am, got to M60 and saw the snow, made I believe a sensible decision to turn back. M62, M1, A19 etc will all be going to be hazardous, and won't be getting any better even if I get to the match. Return journey will be truly horrendous with snow, ice and temp set to drop to -8C in places. While I love Latics and have been missing games, I value my life and limb too and don't fancy being stranded somewhere in Yorkshire overnight! :grin:

Best of luck to all those brave souls who are travelling to 'pool and have a safe journey there and back and 3 points in the bag :D

Edited by Fyldelatic

Left home in Blackpool just after Game On news at 9.10 am, got to M60 and saw the snow, made I believe a sensible decision to turn back. M62, M1, A19 etc will all be going to be hazardous, and won't be getting any better even if I get to the match. Return journey will be truly horrendous with snow, ice and temp set to drop to -8C in places. While I love Latics and have been missing games, I value my life and limb too and don't fancy being stranded somewhere in Yorkshire overnight! :grin:

Best of luck to all those foolish souls who are travelling to 'pool and have a safe journey there and back and 3 points in the bag :D

Just a matter of opinion.

Best of luck to all those brave souls who are travelling to 'pool and have a safe journey there and back and 3 points in the bag :D

The way the snow is coming down right now I reckon it was a somewhat premature decision.......The roads will be snowbound by 3 pm and once the temperature drops I think they'll be lucky to finish the game!!!!

Life skills MrRocky - all worth educating... :wink:

Hows the snow in flange Rochdale this morn? :grin:

Reason for edit; Terrible spelling......

You and your ways. :lol: It's not too shabby. A fair bit has fell near me. Be a shame if more was to fall before monday morning.

Snow day please. :grin:

Arrived in hartlepool just after 12.00. M62 over to Halifax was down to 2 lanes with speed restrictions. A1 and A19 were clear until 10 miles from Hartlepool. It's raining here now with an icy wind. Just right for an english game of footy.

A

You and your ways. :lol: It's not too shabby. A fair bit has fell near me. Be a shame if more was to fall before monday morning.

Sn

ow day please. :grin:

They left about 9.30 this morning. I'm guessing that those who live on the other side of the Pennines may be travelling independently, or be picked up.

In any case that should be plenty of time, the M62 was flowing freely that early.

No problem getting back ndy. If the roads 0 are bad we'll just book into a hotel have few pints and drive back in the morning

I think we should all buy a pint for anyone who gets a speeding ticket today :wink:

Respect to those who are braving it, it's one thing getting there, it's the getting back I'd be worried about