Let's have an optimistic thread

Go on, let's.

It's wholly unrealistic to expect TTA to fund teh club's losses indefinitely or to stretch themselves beyond breaking point as per Moore so let's accept that as a given. If Failsworth goes ahead at, for the sake of argument, a 12,000 capacity it clearly places limitations on the club but it might just provide some stability. At at time when it is obvious that many clubs, not just ours, are struggling financially as never before then stability in the short term will do, won't it?

Who knows whch clubs will come out of the recession (and I am hugely pessimistic about if or when that will actually happen) in good shape but if we, at that time, are stable then there is a base to build on and a far more attractive option for any potential future investors.

I really cannpt understand why TTA get such a slagging from some people.. Their saving of the club from the scrapheap certainly doesn;t make them immune from valid criticism and they may well have made some bad calls - who hasn't? - but their are plenty of owners who would have called it quits before now. Whether you agree with their plan or not they can't be blamed for what has happened in the world, albeit that it wasn't hard to see it coming to a significant degree, and I don;t find it at all hard to belive that the Boundary Park sums simply don't add up anymore.

Go on, let's.

It's wholly unrealistic to expect TTA to fund teh club's losses indefinitely or to stretch themselves beyond breaking point as per Moore so let's accept that as a given. If Failsworth goes ahead at, for the sake of argument, a 12,000 capacity it clearly places limitations on the club but it might just provide some stability. At at time when it is obvious that many clubs, not just ours, are struggling financially as never before then stability in the short term will do, won't it?

Who knows whch clubs will come out of the recession (and I am hugely pessimistic about if or when that will actually happen) in good shape but if we, at that time, are stable then there is a base to build on and a far more attractive option for any potential future investors.

I really cannpt understand why TTA get such a slagging from some people.. Their saving of the club from the scrapheap certainly doesn;t make them immune from valid criticism and they may well have made some bad calls - who hasn't? - but their are plenty of owners who would have called it quits before now. Whether you agree with their plan or not they can't be blamed for what has happened in the world, albeit that it wasn't hard to see it coming to a significant degree, and I don;t find it at all hard to belive that the Boundary Park sums simply don't add up anymore.

Haven't you heard? We'll be playing Altrincham in 5 years shortly before we go bust. Hang yourself now and save yourself the misery.

Woof.

:blink:

Woof.

when the new stadium is built would it be possible that if from one of the exits in the home end we could have a helter skelter installed....would make leaving our little stadium with good facilities yet poor team and results a little bit more pleasing??? one that played music on the way down would be better still....

Go on, let's.

Whilst were in positive thread mood how about this.

AS a club and as a set of fans, WE MAY HAVE BEEN VERY LUCKY (in the long run) that the BP sale didn't go through and we had ended up buiding 60,0000 to 80,000 sqaure foot of offices that were hardly let (Oldham isn't and never has been an office town) because of the recession bringing in little additional revenue.

I had estimated that the BP redevelopent would have generated around an extra £1M to £1.25 Million per year (if the offices had been fully let) That would have left us with break even and plus £250 -£500K a year to spend IF the offices became fully let. Failsworth could and I hope will provide far more income than that, from a wider variety of facilities, giving us the ability to kick on and provide the manager (whoever that may be at the time) with a bigger budget. Patience is the keyword.

On the face of what we know, Failsworth has the potential to provide us with much more than this, gives us more land to redevelop in future years and a brand new stadium capable of expansion at any future date. (BP would not be capable of expansion from 16,000 due to all the land around it having been built on.

I have said in other threads that there are so many clubs in real trouble and who at the end of this season will have big decisions to make. So many players will be released, contracts will be at lower wages as clubs get the upperhand in negotiations due to the large choice of players available and a lot of/more clubs will look to run on smaller squads i.e. 1 or 2 or 3 players less to keep costs under control.

Notts County have proved once again that this Big Investor throwing money at a club is only a temporary measure. People like Hoyle at Huddersfield will only put their big millions in for so long before pulling the plug. There are very few real long term "investors" out there Abramovich and the Arabs at the Council house being the exceptions rather than the rule. More and more clubs will have to operate better "house keeping" and we will benefit from this.

One question that does need asking though is this - Of all the people who have gone into clubs with big promises of injecting millions, how many are/were still there after 5/6/7/8/9/10 years. Our owners are still here after 6 years and I would be surprised if they do not celebrate a double figure anniversary *

* Subject to a billionaire to buy the club

Whilst were in positive thread mood how about this.

AS a club and as a set of fans, WE MAY HAVE BEEN VERY LUCKY (in the long run) that the BP sale didn't go through and we had ended up buiding 60,0000 to 80,000 sqaure foot of offices that were hardly let (Oldham isn't and never has been an office town) because of the recession bringing in little additional revenue.

I had estimated that the BP redevelopent would have generated around an extra £1M to £1.25 Million per year (if the offices had been fully let) That would have left us with break even and plus £250 -£500K a year to spend IF the offices became fully let. Failsworth could and I hope will provide far more income than that, from a wider variety of facilities, giving us the ability to kick on and provide the manager (whoever that may be at the time) with a bigger budget. Patience is the keyword.

On the face of what we know, Failsworth has the potential to provide us with much more than this, gives us more land to redevelop in future years and a brand new stadium capable of expansion at any future date. (BP would not be capable of expansion from 16,000 due to all the land around it having been built on.

I have said in other threads that there are so many clubs in real trouble and who at the end of this season will have big decisions to make. So many players will be released, contracts will be at lower wages as clubs get the upperhand in negotiations due to the large choice of players available and a lot of/more clubs will look to run on smaller squads i.e. 1 or 2 or 3 players less to keep costs under control.

Notts County have proved once again that this Big Investor throwing money at a club is only a temporary measure. People like Hoyle at Huddersfield will only put their big millions in for so long before pulling the plug. There are very few real long term "investors" out there Abramovich and the Arabs at the Council house being the exceptions rather than the rule. More and more clubs will have to operate better "house keeping" and we will benefit from this.

One question that does need asking though is this - Of all the people who have gone into clubs with big promises of injecting millions, how many are/were still there after 5/6/7/8/9/10 years. Our owners are still here after 6 years and I would be surprised if they do not celebrate a double figure anniversary *

* Subject to a billionaire to buy the club

good post and i agree with a lot of it.

one thing though on not being able to develop the bp site due to built up area...you could up the attendance by filling in the corners,or by building an upper tier on the rre,as that was due to remain 1 tier,as would of been the old main stand....

im sure others will disagree though.

good post and i agree with a lot of it.

one thing though on not being able to develop the bp site due to built up area...you could up the attendance by filling in the corners,or by building an upper tier on the rre,as that was due to remain 1 tier,as would of been the old main stand....

im sure others will disagree though.

You would struggle big style to fill the corners in at BP particularly on the main stand side of the ground. Also joining upto the RRE from the new broadway stand would be difficult becasue of the construction of the RRE. Next time you are at BP look at that end of the stand. Whilst not impossible, it would be rather expensive.

With the planning permission for BP there was a block of flats at the back of the RRE (Key worker accommodation) that would have prevented another tier being added.

With the planning permission for BP there was a block of flats at the back of the RRE (Key worker accommodation) that would have prevented another tier being added.

The Planning Committee was informed on 2nd December 2009 that it is understood than an application for 140 key worker dwellings will be submitted shortly for determination.

The new ground might be quite nice, we may have additional income streams, there very likely will be some decent facilities that make the matchday experience more enjoyable, and nobody can't come for at least a couple of years because they can't get a seat. Even if it's not free BJs with every season ticket, it's not really the end of the world. We're just pissed off because the team have gone :censored: (again, for the too manyeth time).

But back on topic, I bet the new club shop will be open in all weathers :icon_peace::drinking45::chubb::imnotworthy::applause1::dance: :dance: :dance::headbang::bounce::bblue2:

I would now conclude it is just the iphone but I have had it once or twice on normal PCs.

I get that a lot when using several acces points and maybe not logged off properly. THough I am sure Rummy did something once that has lessened it. I use either my work PC, home laptop, and work laptop, Is suspect if I started using my BB it might blow OWTB up!

I get that a lot when using several acces points and maybe not logged off properly. THough I am sure Rummy did something once that has lessened it. I use either my work PC, home laptop, and work laptop, Is suspect if I started using my BB it might blow OWTB up!

I do that... Laptop off site, Mac in the office and iphone when I am out and about... Could be my issue as well...