TTA – Time To Abdicate?

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There aren't going to be any new owners. The downscalers and their little band of meerkats have won.

What a weak answer. If someone wanted to spend money on a new squad then the size of the ground wouldn't matter at all to them if it was easily expanded. They could come along and make the ground match theri ambition.

Well surely it's better to beleive the word of the people that can actually affect the direction of the club, rather than beleiving the supposition and general rubbish that's posted on here most of the time.

There's a vast gulf between those two extremes though, isn't there.

So your idea of "Keeping the Faith" (the most pathetic slogan I've seen, anywhere) in the club is blindly believing everything the club's officials and owners tell you?

I suppose fan is short for fanatic...

Keep the Faith = Stay loyal to the club. :wink:

So your idea of "Keeping the Faith" (the most pathetic slogan I've seen, anywhere) in the club is blindly believing everything the club's officials and owners tell you?

I suppose fan is short for fanatic...

The unquestioning loyalty you're getting at is absolutely not what the Keep the Faith motto means to me.

No blind belief or unquestioning loyalty from me. I referred to the slogan in the context of lack of belief of the statements of intent by TTA. At the risk of repeating myself, I have never supported any plan to move away from BP and I await patiently the unveiling of TTA's plan, in order than I can assess whether those statements of intent are feasible.

Keep the Faith = Stay loyal to the club. :wink:

Stay loyal to the club, or stay blindly sycophantic to the current owners?

To me, loyalty to the club means providing your support but more importantly questioning anything that you feel is not in the best interests of the club, and that includes if you think the current owners are taking it in the wrong direction.

Blind sycophancy to the incumbent regime could theoretically equal terrible disloyalty to the club.

Edit: Diego - I appreciate your clarification, I admit I was beginning to wonder about you. :wink:

TTA – Time To Abdicate?

It’s coming up to five years since ......

Five years: five managers; no promotions; no relegations; no new stadium.

Well said and nicely put.

:applause1::applause1::applause1:

Edited by Rick

Behave...think what you are saying I agree, no TTA no club, and I for one are extremely grateful to them all for their backing and effort to keep this club alive. Open up your eyes and accept whatever they do for us is more than anyone else will.

Behave...think what you are saying I agree, no TTA no club, and I for one are extremely grateful to them all for their backing and effort to keep this club alive. Open up your eyes and accept whatever they do for us is more than anyone else will.

Really?

how do you know that?

What a weak answer. If someone wanted to spend money on a new squad then the size of the ground wouldn't matter at all to them if it was easily expanded. They could come along and make the ground match theri ambition.

The trouble is that a sub-12000 capacity ground reflects very small ambitions. Why would anybody want to invest in a club that clearly wishes for nothing but survival at lower division level when there's any number of more ambitious clubs around needed investment?

Edited by Corporal_Jones

The trouble is that a sub-12000 capacity ground reflects very small ambitions. Why would anybody want to invest in a club that clearly wishes for nothing but survival at lower division level when there's any number of more ambitious clubs around needed investment?

When you say, "the club," has little ambition, I presume you actually mean, "the owners." Wouldn't new owners bring their own levels of ambition with them? I just can't follow your logic on this one, it's like a small but (if you wanted to, were ambitious enough, wanted to be in the Championship long term and had the funds to give it a serious go, so need to go off on one again) easily extendable stadium is the Mark of Cain to blight us for ever more. New owners could conceivably find it more attractive than a 25000 seater that is 30 years old and looking a bit tatty.

Godwin's Law (also known as Godwin's Rule of Nazi Analogies or Godwin's Law of Nazi Analogies)[ is a humorous observation made by Mike Godwin in 1990 which has become an Internet adage. It states: "As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches 1.

I'm waiting - although we've had Stalin mentioned, who appears to be often on the mind of CJ.

The biggest success re: TTA is that they continue to fund our losses. If they abdicate how will the club ensure it survives. If there is someone who can do it better than TTA then surely they need to STAND UP AND BE COUNTED. Otherwise:

ABDICATION = RIP OLDHAM ATHLETIC 2010?

The biggest success re: TTA is that they continue to fund our losses. If they abdicate how will the club ensure it survives. If there is someone who can do it better than TTA then surely they need to STAND UP AND BE COUNTED. Otherwise:

ABDICATION = RIP OLDHAM ATHLETIC 2010?

This is the general thought from some people but if you are not up for sale why would any just make an offer out of the blue ?

When you say, "the club," has little ambition, I presume you actually mean, "the owners." Wouldn't new owners bring their own levels of ambition with them? I just can't follow your logic on this one, it's like a small but (if you wanted to, were ambitious enough, wanted to be in the Championship long term and had the funds to give it a serious go, so need to go off on one again) easily extendable stadium is the Mark of Cain to blight us for ever more. New owners could conceivably find it more attractive than a 25000 seater that is 30 years old and looking a bit tatty.

It won't be easily extendable, though. We've already heard it let slip that extension 'will be difficult.' (Surprise, surpise, this was later claimed to be a misquote.)

Any owners with serious ambitions could more economically tart up a larger thirty year-old stadium (thus having more to spend on players) than take on the cost of extending a small ground-and that's leaving aside all the usual drawn out wrangling over planning and so on.

In any case, all the club is doing by building a small stadium is advertising the fact that it doesn't think that establishing itself at a higher level is any longer feasible. People will remember the club in the PL days and just wonder how it came to this. After the recent false dawns, it's like throwing in the towel.

This is the general thought from some people but if you are not up for sale why would any just make an offer out of the blue ?

I understand we have always been up for sale, mate.

I'm pretty sure that TTA have said on a number of occasions that if the right people made the right offer they'd be happy to sell.

I understand we have always been up for sale, mate.

I'm pretty sure that TTA have said on a number of occasions that if the right people made the right offer they'd be happy to sell.

Oh come on... You are either up for sale or not... They have said if someone makes the right the will be happy to sell... That is not properly being up for sale...

If someone makes the right offer for my house then they can have it... Doubtful that is going to happen until I put it on the market though...