Who is actually worried

I can never remember a time when the football played was so uninspiring. Short on goals since the start of the season with only Pav as an out and out striker. Bring in Blackman and not played? Ship out O'Grady. Bring in Heff who goes back and sign Goodwin. On tonights performance, the problems we have were identified before the season and not adressed are still the ones killing us. Goals win games, wins breed confidence and retains fans. If you can't score you can't win and soon as you concede there is no way back.

I have been a season ticket holder for 32 years. This will be my last season. The team is littered by identikit journeymen with no affiliation or loyalty to the club. There is a reveloving door every summer and a new team starts out again. The quality of football on display has plummeted to unimaginable depths and the hunger that was promised from a new younger team is completely lacking. If as a professional footballer you cannot raise your game against relegation rivals and show endeavor and commitment then you do not deserve to represent my club. If the manager cannot motivate the team for an important game then you too do not deserve to represent my club. A lack of quality I can accept, A lack of spirit I cannot.

Worrried - Yes

I can never remember a time when the football played was so uninspiring. Short on goals since the start of the season with only Pav as an out and out striker. Bring in Blackman and not played? Ship out O'Grady. Bring in Heff who goes back and sign Goodwin. On tonights performance, the problems we have were identified before the season and not adressed are still the ones killing us. Goals win games, wins breed confidence and retains fans. If you can't score you can't win and soon as you concede there is no way back.

I have been a season ticket holder for 32 years. This will be my last season. The team is littered by identikit journeymen with no affiliation or loyalty to the club. There is a reveloving door every summer and a new team starts out again. The quality of football on display has plummeted to unimaginable depths and the hunger that was promised from a new younger team is completely lacking. If as a professional footballer you cannot raise your game against relegation rivals and show endeavor and commitment then you do not deserve to represent my club. If the manager cannot motivate the team for an important game then you too do not deserve to represent my club. A lack of quality I can accept, A lack of spirit I cannot.

Worrried - Yes

excellent!! :applause1:

am worried penney out lets bid for hughesy we got the cash

Really? At what point did Dave Penney start sh*tting money? He's rumoured to be on £8k a week at Notts County, how exactly are we supposed to match that with attendances of less than 4000 and no mysterious anonymous benefactors?

But getting back on topic, yes i'm worried.I still think it's too early to think about sacking Penney, but we're struggling against crap teams and the players don't seem to be able to manage even the basics (pass to each other, make some attempt at playing it forward, maybe even occasionally put a shot on goal to make it seem worthwhile turning up).At the start of December i thought we were in a false position, but our current form is amongst the worst in the division.

Worrried - Yes

Spot on, couldn't have put it better myself, although I will still be renewing my ST next year.

I'm worried that I have lost the faith. There is a liitle dim light inside of me, but I fear much more of the current situation will extinguish it.

Apparently our owners are successful businessmen? Prove it boys, make it happen. The only thing that will happen currently is relegation, that'll help you sell the club won't it?

Worrried - Yes

My sentiments exactly. A seaon ticket holder for nearly 25 years, and even though I go through the ritual of saying "this is my last", I think this time it will.

What worries me more than anything is I can't see where tha answer is coming from. I fear it will be just more loan signings, I struggle working out where half the team is from at the moment.

What about a severe lack of match fitness?

That last night was so bad that it wasn't just down to them being a bit rusty/unfit. I don't like to use the "no desire" argument (I prefer to think they are just s**t players), but there is a hell of a lot of things lacking in this team and I think that is one of them.

Edited by dave_ragg1984

Not with the Gary Megson of League 1 in charge

I was making a similar point last night. So can you imagine my pain recently as a fan of both teams (my family are traditionally Bolton fans, I got taken to Oldham first so they are 1st team). A limp draw felt much worse than having a go and losing.

about relegation this season and how bad we are going to be beaten on saturday ??

The result on Saturday and the relegation of this club is minor as to what is really happening...........OAFC is in absolute freefall and if we continue as we are then I think it's very existence as a club is under threat.

The crowds are at an all time low and reducing week on week and what little entertainment we had has now completely gone!!!!

Last night's performance was once again totally unacceptable and although you have to blame the players who don't seem able to do even the simplest of things, it's the manager who picks the team and amongst other things he is there to organise and motivate the squad but I see absolutely no evidence of this whatsoever!!!

I have been out of work since September and really have to be careful with my funds and was in two minds whether to go last night...I decided to go, and yes, I wasted another £20 on the hope that we could finally turn the corner and start to win a few games, how wrong I was!!!!!!....If that is the standard of football we have come to expect at Boundary Park then I want no part of it, and judging by the crowd last night many more supporters obviously feel the same!!

Enough is enough and I'm sad to say that is my last game this season and I will not go and be subjected to this shi*e anymore!

I have seen some very poor teams here over the years but you can forget Talbot, forget Sharp, forget Wadsworth, and forget Moore, Penney's football team is a joke and without doubt the worst I have ever seen at Boundary Park in 50 years!!!!

Looking at the fixture list I'm very worried, so bollocks to it, I either want an impressive performance Saturday or Penney out.

The whole atmosphere and vibe last night felt like one of a team going down. Penney looked dejected as did the players whilst the fans (that can be arsed to turn up) have clearly begun to turn against them. When you look at what the last two managers were sacked for you struggle to justify him staying any longer.

I don't think it's appropriate to "give him time". That would only wash if he was building something, laying foundations, showing some promise. He isn't - it's getting worse and gates are now probably the lowest in the history of the club. The club comes first, time to cut our losses I reckon.

Three of us made the decision last night to not renew our ST if DP was still in charge and hadn't made sweeping changes to his methods. I walked into work to hear of another not renewing, and then come on here to read another handful feel the same.

I wouldn't want to encourage anyone to stop watching Latics, but I can understand it completely when they say they've had enough, and for the first time in 40 years, I really couldn't give a toss what it will do to the club, because the owners have taken my club away from its supporters, fed me bull:censored:, constantly bemoaned the money they are losing when it is their business plan that has failed, insist on taking me to an area of MANCHESTER I detest, and had the audacity to whinge about the morosity of the supporters.

This isn't the club I've been proud to be a part of for five decades anymore. Gone is the passion and drive that even our most talentless players had, gone is the tactical ability that our coaching staff could apply, gone is the interactive family feel to the club, and gone are the supporters who would gladly turn up just to see some effort.

In its place we have a failing, crumbling business. I don't wish to pay £350 a year to be part of that.

I want my club back, but I'm in no position to do anything about it, other than vote with my feet. It is up to TTA to realise why attendances are dropping at the same rate our league position is, and get some coaching staff in who can instil confidence, awareness, sense, passion and pride in the players before the club loses everything.

Three of us made the decision last night to not renew our ST if DP was still in charge and hadn't made sweeping changes to his methods. I walked into work to hear of another not renewing, and then come on here to read another handful feel the same.

I wouldn't want to encourage anyone to stop watching Latics, but I can understand it completely when they say they've had enough, and for the first time in 40 years, I really couldn't give a toss what it will do to the club, because the owners have taken my club away from its supporters, fed me bull:censored:, constantly bemoaned the money they are losing when it is their business plan that has failed, insist on taking me to an area of MANCHESTER I detest, and had the audacity to whinge about the morosity of the supporters.

This isn't the club I've been proud to be a part of for five decades anymore. Gone is the passion and drive that even our most talentless players had, gone is the tactical ability that our coaching staff could apply, gone is the interactive family feel to the club, and gone are the supporters who would gladly turn up just to see some effort.

In its place we have a failing, crumbling business. I don't wish to pay £350 a year to be part of that.

I want my club back, but I'm in no position to do anything about it, other than vote with my feet. It is up to TTA to realise why attendances are dropping at the same rate our league position is, and get some coaching staff in who can instil confidence, awareness, sense, passion and pride in the players before the club loses everything.

That pretty much sums up everything, well put.

A limp draw felt much worse than having a go and losing.

This statment is resembled across the land. Penney was not the man for the job.

Only trouble is, when you've brought your Kiegan Parkers to the club. How do you go about fixing it?

Chuck a load of kids in and shake up the stale first team.

exactly my feelings.