Now we've seen it can we name it?

Assuming its not going to be The "<insertsponsorhere> stadium/arena, I would actually stick with "The Lancaster Club", its certainly unique, respecting the history of the area and the site.

I think somebody suggested Lancaster Park on a thread way back and I though that had a nice ring. Kept the heritage of the A.V. Roe connection going, though I would not be at all disapointed with 'New Boundary Park' or just 'The New Boundary'.

Edit: typo

Edited by danoafc

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

memorial ground?

If its going to be sponserd we should do what m'boro did and put the sponser name first so it can be have its own identity unlike say the reebok or whatever and then we can always get rid of the sponsers name at some point if we wish

Dont like the idea of calling it boundary park time to move on

Assuming its not going to be The "<insertsponsorhere> stadium/arena, I would actually stick with "The Lancaster Club", its certainly unique, respecting the history of the area and the site.

not a bad idea...i also think seeing as there is a connection with avro etc we could maybe come out to the tune of the dambusters or something along those lines....or maybe winston churchills epic war speach...

Have to agree 100% on the "not a nameless stadium" i.e. sponsor only ala Huddersfield, Bolton etc. If we have to have a sponsor, lets have it 'sponsored by'.

I like "Lancaster" in the title, but would prefer one that doesn't have the word stadium in it. Stadium sounds american, we have football grounds in the UK.

The Lancaster Ground

Lancaster Park

Lancaster Mill

I'd go for "New Boundary Park" and drop the New after a few years.

i really like that idea.let the sponors have the stands, corners but i think the name is what people will remember and it has to be rlevant to the club.

maybe the stand closest to the lancaster club could be called the lancaster stand or <sponsor> lancaster stand

The Latics Ground.

With sponsors it could then be "The Latics XXX Ground", so long as it's not Slumberland.

As someone mentioned in the stadium thread I'd also like the word LATICS spelt in white bricks at the top of the red brick towers either side of the mainstand entrance.

I like the "Lancaster" but its a name of a city and doesn't have any connection with Latics past.

I agree with the view that any relocation should not be called Boundary Park. I believe that would degrade the club's spiritual home.

I'd like Pine Villa Park or Pine Mill.

BP was previously named The Athletic Grounds.

The Athletic Grounds (rather than Stadium, which sounds like an athletics stadium) sounds good to me.