The simple fact of the matter. . .

We play good football up until the six yard box but dont score. i dont care if we play like brazil out of the opposition penalty area, if we cant score we are going down. wrong decisions infront of goal and an unwillingness to have a shot is going to lose you games. i would rather play football like ronnie moore provided us with and have an end product than watch good football with a guarenteed "oldham nil" scoreline every week.

people saying we shouldnt sack dp cos we played well yesterday and didnt get the result we deserved are wrong in my opinion cos playing like we did yesterday will see us relegated. if we cant score we are down. FACT . i saw the same at colchester last week and im told it was the same old story against leeds.

16 games without scoring this season tells its own story

GET PENNEY OUT NOW!!!

We play good football up until the six yard box but dont score. i dont care if we play like brazil out of the opposition penalty area, if we cant score we are going down. wrong decisions infront of goal and an unwillingness to have a shot is going to lose you games. i would rather play football like ronnie moore provided us with and have an end product than watch good football with a guarenteed "oldham nil" scoreline every week.

people saying we shouldnt sack dp cos we played well yesterday and didnt get the result we deserved are wrong in my opinion cos playing like we did yesterday will see us relegated. if we cant score we are down. FACT . i saw the same at colchester last week and im told it was the same old story against leeds.

GET PENNEY OUT NOW!!!

And bring in?

GET PENNEY OUT NOW!!!

your forgetting the main reason were going down and why were not scoring, the fans,

unless you score your shot they will boo you and scream "thats why were going down" pressure on these players is immense, so no wonder they are not scoring goals, they know whats waiting for them if they dont score, too many fans waiting to jump on players and manager, no one will improve with these fans, i feel intimidated by them when i dare clap my hands at a good pass

your forgetting the main reason were going down and why were not scoring, the fans,

unless you score your shot they will boo you and scream "thats why were going down" pressure on these players is immense, so no wonder they are not scoring goals, they know whats waiting for them if they dont score, too many fans waiting to jump on players and manager, no one will improve with these fans, i feel intimidated by them when i dare clap my hands at a good pass

poor lambs, perhaps they should try doing a real sodding days work, then they'll know what real hardship is...???? :rant.sml:

Edited by oafcprozac

I am continually bemused by those calling for DP's head, their reasoning being that whilst we're playing well and making more chances than we were, that the players aren't sticking it in the net. How this is the manager's fault, I've no idea. Perhaps their plan is to bring in a striker as a player-manager, or bring in Stitch and ask him to put his boots on again.

GET PENNEY OUT NOW!!!

So it's Penney who's shooting straight at the keeper or needing 10 minutes to steady himself when in the penalty box before shooting ?

ha ha this is a joke right? So they are not scoring becase the fans are nasty to them. I would bet most of them couldnt give two sh#ts what the fans think

I am continually bemused by those calling for DP's head, their reasoning being that whilst we're playing well and making more chances than we were, that the players aren't sticking it in the net. How this is the manager's fault, I've no idea. Perhaps their plan is to bring in a striker as a player-manager, or bring in Stitch and ask him to put his boots on again.

Well said.

GET PENNEY OUT NOW!!!

I bet you said the same sort of thing last season and wanted shez out. That turned out well didn't it?

Sacking a manager at this point of the season when we are starting to play better would be madness. DP needs to be given at least 4/5 more games to see what we can do against the lower teams rather than being judged on 3 games v the top 3, 2 of which were away.

Pressure on these players is immense?????

Half of em couldn't give a toss about this club because they won't be here in a year or so!!

Are you avin a laff or what....I'd swop my job for their's any day of the week!!!

I've been out of work since August and struggling to pay the bills....that's bloody pressure!!!!!

The main reason we aren't scoring is because the supply from the 'wingers' and midfielders is non-existant and because we're crap in and around the box and have been since the opening games of the season.

Penney's had 2/3 of the season to change his tactics and become more of a threat and we're still no nearer to a solution......That's why we look like heading for division 2!!!!

The fans have had enough and If we stick with Penney for much longer we'll have no flamin fans at all next season.

What is it with OWTB and the obession with self flagellation? You can't blame the fans for some of the disgraceful performances we've had to put up with this season. Not that yesterday was one of them mind.

I would like to see majority of our fans to do a full weeks training with the squad

id like to watch some of our squad do a full weeks training,the likes of taylor....must be some amazing stuff on the training ground to warrant his starting place....just freezes when he plays in front of a crowd...

Anyone, i dont care. i dont know who is available.

all i do know is that we have the worst goals for column in england and 99% of managers would be able to improve on that.

how many of that 99% are avaliable and/or affordable after we have paid off DP and compo to the other club?

Statement "Let's sack him!" -

Response "Replace him with who?"

Statements response - "I don't know!"

Well thought out!!!

I'm glad you are not the chairman of my football club.

Saying all of that, I completely understand yours and most fans' frustration - however, we have to get behind our manager and his band of merry men for the remainder of this season and hope that with a bit of luck and continued hard work, we will stay up.

Half of em couldn't give a toss about this club because they won't be here in a year or so!!

Are you avin a laff or what....I'd swop my job for their's any day of the week!!!

I've been out of work since August and struggling to pay the bills....that's bloody pressure!!!!!

The main reason we aren't scoring is because the supply from the 'wingers' and midfielders is non-existant and because we're crap in and around the box and have been since the opening games of the season.

Penney's had 2/3 of the season to change his tactics and become more of a threat and we're still no nearer to a solution......That's why we look like heading for division 2!!!!

The fans have had enough and If we stick with Penney for much longer we'll have no flamin fans at all next season.

TBH the solution is putting the ball in the net...DP can't just bring a player in on loan, he doesnt score in first game so send him back and get someone else in on a weekly basis.

I hate to say it but I can't wait for Lewi returning, think he'd be an ideal partner for Pav.

Ialso saw the goal tables...an Hughes and O'Grady 2nd an 3rd in League two behind a player I said we shoulda gone for in the summer....Le Fondre.

ha ha this is a joke right? So they are not scoring becase the fans are nasty to them. I would bet most of them couldnt give two sh#ts what the fans think

you would think so but it does affect the players, if you listen to any player they will tell you that when you have fans booing you it affects them on the pitch, would you like to go to work and have the people who are suppose to be there to help boo you constantly? it makes you not want to work, your confidence goes and it becomes a nightmare,

I saw lots fo good play against norwich which seemed to be ignored by a lot of the fans, but the moment the players messed up there was boos and chants of "thats why were going down" I clapped for a good play we did and was made to feel uncomfortable by fans next to me looking at me with disgust and shaking their heads

simple fact: get behind the team, clap at good moves and the players will respond, they will grow in confidence, enjoy the game more and play better,

you have the right to moan when you buy a ticket but dont start blaming the manager if this hinders the team

and screaming at them and booing is the way forward out of this?

you would think so but it does affect the players, if you listen to any player they will tell you that when you have fans booing you it affects them on the pitch, would you like to go to work and have the people who are suppose to be there to help boo you constantly? it makes you not want to work, your confidence goes and it becomes a nightmare,

I saw lots fo good play against norwich which seemed to be ignored by a lot of the fans, but the moment the players messed up there was boos and chants of "thats why were going down" I clapped for a good play we did and was made to feel uncomfortable by fans next to me looking at me with disgust and shaking their heads

simple fact: get behind the team, clap at good moves and the players will respond, they will grow in confidence, enjoy the game more and play better,

you have the right to moan when you buy a ticket but dont start blaming the manager if this hinders the team

FYI I am not one to moan at the players. I also agree with you in that if that a more positive atmosphere is better for the players to play in.....

However the reason for the negative atmosphere generating from the fans is because of these players/management. We the fans are not the reason we are sat in the relegation zone and cannot score goals. Its not the fans fault that Dean Smalley doesnt look like he can be ars*d or Dean Brill gifts goals to the oppsotion or Chris Tayler has forgotton that he is a provider of goals or Dean Furman losing possesion and leaving us exposed. The reason for our position is the guys on the pitch. The position of the team goes hand in hand with how the fans are feeling and the vibe from the stands.

On Saturday with about 20 mins to go there was a real positive atmosphere around BP with everybody cheering the team on. Kiegan Parker broke free one on one with there keeper. Guess what he missed!

FYI I am not one to moan at the players. I also agree with you in that if that a more positive atmosphere is better for the players to play in.....

However the reason for the negative atmosphere generating from the fans is because of these players/management. We the fans are not the reason we are sat in the relegation zone and cannot score goals. Its not the fans fault that Dean Smalley doesnt look like he can be ars*d or Dean Brill gifts goals to the oppsotion or Chris Tayler has forgotton that he is a provider of goals or Dean Furman losing possesion and leaving us exposed. The reason for our position is the guys on the pitch. The position of the team goes hand in hand with how the fans are feeling and the vibe from the stands.

On Saturday with about 20 mins to go there was a real positive atmosphere around BP with everybody cheering the team on. Kiegan Parker broke free one on one with there keeper. Guess what he missed!

On the norwich game I have to say i disagree, brill was excellent for us and unlucky to concede the goal, furman was working hard, as was taylor, he did some good balls which we were unfortunate not to get on the end of, if pav had the slightest bit more pace he would have got on to the through ball he played and been one on one with the keeper, furman was handling the ball well and passed it when he needed to, I dont think the atmosphere was good at all, this is my view from the rocky road end, yet i could not hear any of the other stands through the boos so could be wrong,

I think that sort of display against a team around mid table or bottom of the league would see us win the game, the only reason we didnt have more chances was because of the excellent defending by norwich and joe colebeck's poor touch

and screaming at them and booing is the way forward out of this?

We've won 9 out of the last 43 league games and the odd goal or two wouldn't be too much to ask for...........hardly inspiring is it?

Fans have always been like that as long as I can remember..................I suppose instead, we could all cheer them on to the second division!!!!