167 members have voted

1. 1. Which would you choose

• England to win the world cup but see latics relagated
    • Latics stay up but england yet again fail to do anything at the world cup

which would you take.

~England win the world cup and latics go down

~England flunk in the world cup but latics stay up

Assuming latics staying up and england winning the world cup is not an option

Ive always always gone in favour of latics when asked these types of questions in the past but i thought i would ask the question again seeing as there is so much apathy about the place at the moment. and it would be great to see england lift the world cup, but in the end i just dont think i could bare seeing us in the basement division.

ill go for latics staying up, but only just

Surely this isn't even worth debating?! Latics to stay up of course, who really cares about those overpaid twats that play for England? Very few of them have my respect. It's not like i'm hoping we fail, I have a vague interest in us doing well, but I won't be shedding any tears if we don't.

Edited by Markoasis
swearing

Free season ticket.

The certainy of a promotion campaign.

World Cup for me!

(not sure about that second line!)

Same for me - watching a promotion campaign for free whilst basking in the reflected glory of an England world cup win - priceless :wink:

Same for me - watching a promotion campaign for free whilst basking in the reflected glory of an England world cup win - priceless :wink:

or... latics go down becuase they sack penney and go into freefall. and england get knocked out at the quarter finals on penalties. no so priceless now is it?

England for me..we do have a genuine chance amongst other nations of winning the world cup this year,it may never happen again in my life time, I am resigned to a life of watching Oldham at a mediocre level so seeing us lift the World Cup would be fantastic.

Ve spit on your path Vestern pigdogs. Willains vill only recognize Peoples Republik ov Oldham!

4k6ypw.jpg

:grin: That's class.

If the option was England never qualifying for a major tournament ever again but Oldham stay up, i'd still vote for that rather than England winning the World Cup. Going down will be disastrous for the club, and i'm really not all that arsed about England.

I'm staggered that about 30% of Latics fans would sooner see Italia-England win the World Cup than Latics stay in the division. And even worse it's seemingly often born out of the opportunity to be £300 better off than out of blind patriotism.

Ratbags.

Edited by Stitch_KTF

There was only one choice for me and looks like i'm in the majority :grin:

I did manage to see England win the World Cup in 1966 but I can't see it happening again in my life time if i'm being totally honest, Trouble with England is this.........................................We think were better than we actually are! another 30 years of hurt? I guess so :wink:

England are the most over rated team in world football we are the man city of the world cup some big name players some even world class but not as whole and we wont win anything anyway. I hate having these prima donner footballs representing the country - makes me cringe

anyway latics to stay up after a nice comfortable run of fixtures where we win 90% of the games we play