Penney Out song

Tried getting a few songs going in a baron Chaddy End as I do most games. You know me pretty well Snook so know I'm often vocal and singing...sadly, my efforts fall on deaf ears. Sadly, if I had to resort to "Penny this and that" I know I'd have a large section right infront of me (behind the goal in the Chaddy) that would gladly join in. Great mentality that is eh!

BB......Some players, we don't agree - Hey, even managers we may not agree - but 1 thing that unites you, me and many, many others on here and not on here from many who are on here at the moment, is that in 20 years time we will still probably disagree on many things Latics, good and bad - whilst most of these will have moved on to pastures new!!

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

BB......Some players, we don't agree - Hey, even managers we may not agree - but 1 thing that unites you, me and many, many others on here and not on here from many who are on here at the moment, is that in 20 years time we will still probably disagree on many things Latics, good and bad - whilst most of these will have moved on to pastures new!!

Depends if they've killed the club off on the way 1st! I think these people really don't see what they do...try explaining and it's like talking to the wall. They're blameless in it all...whereas the manager (insert name here) is to blame for the corner flag blowing the wrong way.

Depends if they've killed the club off on the way 1st! I think these people really don't see what they do...try explaining and it's like talking to the wall. They're blameless in it all...whereas the manager (insert name here) is to blame for the corner flag blowing the wrong way.

"The insertion of a corner flag is paramount to our promotion challenge!" R. Moore Mgr Oldham Athletic Mid "2thousandths!! :wink:

Edited by futchers briefs

Tried getting a few songs going in a baron Chaddy End as I do most games. You know me pretty well Snook so know I'm often vocal and singing...sadly, my efforts fall on deaf ears. Sadly, if I had to resort to "Penny this and that" I know I'd have a large section right infront of me (behind the goal in the Chaddy) that would gladly join in. Great mentality that is eh!

Can't speak for the Chaddy as I sit in the RRE these days, but there were certainly the old standards rolled out in there as there are every game. I don't think anyone goes into the game singing "GET OUT OF OUR CLUB" straight from kick off. It's as a direct result of sub standard efforts throughout the match - and throughout most of the season.

We're now at the business end of the campaign and we're in SERIOUS danger of the drop. This for me is not acceptable. It doesn't even bear thinking about. I don't want the club I love to be plying it's trade in the basement of "professional" football. Any neither do many others. We've tried the carrot, it hasn't worked. There wasn't any booing/calling for DP's head in the first half of the season - only support. Now it's time for the stick. It's one of the few impacts we as fans can make.

As far as I can see, there are thousands of fans who seem to be perfectly content to see our demise without so much as a "hang about, WTF is going on?". And so we have the usual scenario of row upon row of "supporters" sitting in silence. These very same supporters who accuse us - who dare to question the tactics and performances of the team/management - of destroying our team's chances by being vocal about the fact we don't like it, and want it to change.

I think the question/accusation should turned right around. All those who don't kick up a fuss at below average results and efforts should be shamed as the guilty ones. Not those who stand up and be counted. If it means that much to you all, and from the criticism on here of the boos, it obviously does, then do something about it. Don't sit and do nothing, then complain that nothing changes.

Like I've already said on other threads, shake yourselves out of your malaise and actually do the "getting behind the team" like so many preach, but never actually do at the game.

I have to say BB80, that I used to be fairly vocal and usually hoarse on a Saturday night from singing at matches. However, the TTA's decision to open the Rocky Road End pretty much killed off the Chaddy End as the traditional "home" end. The decision has split the fans and watered it down to the point where there's hardly a soul in the Chaddy who would sing nowadays. Admittedly this is the second season, and last season was fairly quiet but this time around, week-on-week the numbers in the Chaddy have diminished (as has also happened in the Rocky - note the Drummer Boy isn't around anymore???)

Penney trains, coaches, picks and supposedly motivates the side, and allegedly is a football manager....The dross he has served up, irrespective of injuries (which is not an acceptable excuse), is the most woeful I have ever seen in my 25+ years watching Latics.

What amazes me is the sheer number of people who still wish to defend him and slate the fans who have the audacity to question him. Personally speaking, I was never in favour of his appointment, however I was willing to have an open-mind about him and to date I have only expressed my disgust at his handling of the team away from the ground. I seriously hope we avoid relegation, but regardless of the final destiny of this season, Penney simply has to go.

And I'm not sure who said it on here, but yes I would happily sing the song to his face, I'd even help him clear his desk whilst I was at it......mainly 'cos he'd probably be stood around with his hands in his pockets!!!!

Can't speak for the Chaddy as I sit in the RRE these days, but there were certainly the old standards rolled out in there as there are every game. I don't think anyone goes into the game singing "GET OUT OF OUR CLUB" straight from kick off. It's as a direct result of sub standard efforts throughout the match - and throughout most of the season.

We're now at the business end of the campaign and we're in SERIOUS danger of the drop. This for me is not acceptable. It doesn't even bear thinking about. I don't want the club I love to be plying it's trade in the basement of "professional" football. Any neither do many others. We've tried the carrot, it hasn't worked. There wasn't any booing/calling for DP's head in the first half of the season - only support. Now it's time for the stick. It's one of the few impacts we as fans can make.

As far as I can see, there are thousands of fans who seem to be perfectly content to see our demise without so much as a "hang about, WTF is going on?". And so we have the usual scenario of row upon row of "supporters" sitting in silence. These very same supporters who accuse us - who dare to question the tactics and performances of the team/management - of destroying our team's chances by being vocal about the fact we don't like it, and want it to change.

I think the question/accusation should turned right around. All those who don't kick up a fuss at below average results and efforts should be shamed as the guilty ones. Not those who stand up and be counted. If it means that much to you all, and from the criticism on here of the boos, it obviously does, then do something about it. Don't sit and do nothing, then complain that nothing changes.

Like I've already said on other threads, shake yourselves out of your malaise and actually do the "getting behind the team" like so many preach, but never actually do at the game.

nice post man agree 100%

No problem talking to you.. Just getting bored of people who have been backing the club for five mins lording it over people with 20+ years of service behind them.. Bit of reality needed...

key word.

Things change, things move on.

I'd back those future supporters over those who want to stroke the length of their past attenndance who no longer turn up.

YOU made your choices and YOU often refer to them. Let people judge YOU on the choices YOU have made.

"20+ years service" - WFT were you in some sort of trench? facing enemy fire? Rocket and bombs? Self-aggrandisment to the n-th level.

Is this not a bit like those who chant "stand up if you love oldham" and glare at thos ewho do not stand up? As if standing up to the oredr of some (group of) non-entities somehow proves anything?

And it's rather silly to suggest that those who do not chant positively are causing the slide whilst those who chant against the manager and players are some sort of glorious champions of the fututre of the club's survival.

Hey, maybe some people are not to happy but see that "penny out" and "brill is :censored:" will not actually hep at all and will make things worse? Suggesting that such fans should chant "It's all great, we love it all" or some such nonsense is just a way for you to attempt to polarise stances and in doing so justify your own position as being far removed from the hypothetical trance state you have implied?

Typo errors left in WGAF.

key word.

Things change, things move on.

I'd back those future supporters over those who want to stroke the length of their past attenndance who no longer turn up.

YOU made your choices and YOU often refer to them. Let people judge YOU on the choices YOU have made.

"20+ years service" - WFT were you in some sort of trench? facing enemy fire? Rocket and bombs? Self-aggrandisment to the n-th level.

Top post.

Guest FyldeBlue

Rather get rid of some of our muppets! :censored: bags....support ya :censored: team!!! Clowns!!!

I see you still upto your old tricks BB80 ...show everybody how right you are, then start on the fans, just a matter of time before you dig up the old chestnut - and blame Sean Jarvis ! :disappointed:

I see you still upto your old tricks BB80 ...show everybody how right you are, then start on the fans, just a matter of time before you dig up the old chestnut - and blame Sean Jarvis ! :disappointed:

Nice to see my fans are still alive and kicking! Cowering away, then crawling out of the woodwork every now and then!

The Penney out song today was a disgrace. How many would stand alone in a room with Dave Penney and sing that to his face ?

Ok things aren't going well, the club needs stability on the pitch to compensate for the instability and dire facilities off it. We would only be asking the TTA to choose a new manager and they have failed to get the man we need on 3 previous occasions.

I am not saying Dave Penney should be bomb proof, but give him a chance,we won't go down and with some stability and togetherness we can go more confidently into next season.

And no I am not a happy clapper, but there is an unrealistic bandwaggon of festering gloom that too many are thriving on.

Where does this confidence come from?

No you didn't. Was sat near you and there was no attempt from you to start any singing.

No you didn't. Was sat near you and there was no attempt from you to start any singing.

maybe the club need to change the away end to the chaddy end now then..and bring all the home fans together again in the same area....make the small section of rre the family bit.

the singers who have served the terraces well will surely gravitate towards each other in one stand and drown out any numpty manager out songs with the vast reortoire we used to have....just a thought like.

Nice to see my fans are still alive and kicking! Cowering away, then crawling out of the woodwork every now and then!

We are still here, these days we just tend to read and chuckle at how deluded you are. :wink:

The fans may be poison but the manager is the cancer and it's about time people realised before it's too late.