The New Home Kit (and shorts)

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've not been on these boards for a few weeks so apologies if I'm repeating things but I've heard it's like the Ajax kit only Blue instead of Red, if this is the case then I'm going to buy it

Sort of

If rumours are to be believed on this board it will be the same design as the 1958/1959 kit, blue torso/white sleeves, white shorts, hooped socks. Will be a nice change I think but if they use that cheap iron on crap for the shirt sponsor I won't be buying it

Sort of

If rumours are to be believed on this board it will be the same design as the 1958/1959 kit, blue torso/white sleeves, white shorts, hooped socks. Will be a nice change I think but if they use that cheap iron on crap for the shirt sponsor I won't be buying it

I've not bought a Latics shirt since Carbrini has made the shirts

Kit will be first shown on the 8th May when we play Charlton at home so if you want first glimpses of it you need to get down to BP for the game. :grin:

I saw a sign on Saturday but sort of only half read it, does it mean we'll be playing in it, or will they just display it at half-time?

I saw a sign on Saturday but sort of only half read it, does it mean we'll be playing in it, or will they just display it at half-time?

Yeah the players will be wearing the kit for the game but if you just can't wait that long it'll be available to buy in the shop!

Can't get the pic to upload but follow this link and go to 1957-9 and that's it.

Oldham_Athletic_1957-1959-v.gif

From my v good source - I don't have many

Oh dear. Never did like that one. I was hoping it would be the so distinctive one that preceeded it for many years. It was Latics and no-body else. Hey ho.

Oh dear. Never did like that one. I was hoping it would be the so distinctive one that preceeded it for many years. It was Latics and no-body else. Hey ho.

Either would be an improvement on the current kit - the 1956-1957 is my preference too.

- interesting to see that manure are going retro too with their new choice of kit... :unsure:

Either would be an improvement on the current kit - the 1956-1957 is my preference too.

- interesting to see that manure are going retro too with their new choice of kit... :unsure:

Way before my time; but I quite like the look of the 1960-1961 short sleeve one......

Retro kits seem to be the new trend / are making a comeback - i'll wait for the proper release photo's before I make my judgement though

I would of thought someone would of photoshopped one

Email from the club this morning contained the following:

New Home Kit

Saturday May 8th is also the launch date of the new 2010/11 season home kit. The new kit will be worn for the first time by the players for the match and will be available to buy from the WE ARE LATICS store before and after the game. The kit is a totally different look to the current style, not only in design terms, but also colour!! Visit the store on matchday to secure your purchase of the new kit

Colour too? Maybe a different shade of blue... :huh:

Edited by TheBigDog

Do they take credit cards in the club shop? I might get one if it looks nice.

Nope. Groats, Travellers Cheques, Pies, or the ownership of your first born daughter.

... of course they take bloody credit cards. Not even Latics can be that backwards. :wink:

... of course they take bloody credit cards. Not even Latics can be that backwards. :wink:

They wouldn't accept a debit card payment for a season ticket a few years ago. You need to check these things!

EDIT: Anyway, it'll probably be 'orrible and I won't bother.

Email from the club this morning contained the following:

New Home Kit

Saturday May 8th is also the launch date of the new 2010/11 season home kit. The new kit will be worn for the first time by the players for the match and will be available to buy from the WE ARE LATICS store before and after the game. The kit is a totally different look to the current style, not only in design terms, but also colour!! Visit the store on matchday to secure your purchase of the new kit

Colour too? Maybe a different shade of blue... :huh:

Hmmm im thinking we are going to have a very simelar kit to someone else's is it southend who play in a fairly dark blue with white sleeves? or am i getting muddled im sure i have seen someone playing in that - I think we should be having blue shorts to be honest never been a fan of having too much white on the kit. Hey ho its only a kit. It would be nice to have a few teaser photos of it i dont think many people who werent going to go will go to charlton just to see the new kit

Edited by bluehobbit