Election 2010 - Post Campaign Vote

Election 2010 - Post Campaign Vote  

192 members have voted

1. 1. If the Election took place today who would you vote for ?

• Labour
    • Conservative
    • Liberal Democrats
    • UK Independence Party
    • Green Party
    • British National Party
    • Independent Candidate
    • Other
    • I am not going to vote
    • Spoil Vote

Not if you come from there it ain't (puts on mackem accent) its Hawton (sounds a bit more like Ray)

Jesus you aren't wrong. I've never heard it called that before. From two miles away. Then again I've been to Sunderland five times in eleven years now. I technically live about 800 yards away.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jesus you aren't wrong. I've never heard it called that before. From two miles away. Then again I've been to Sunderland five times in eleven years now. I technically live about 800 yards away.

Its a bit weird to spell it I can say it quite well but what I do know is the Beeb are wrong, I think to spell it it comes between yours and mine.

I'd settle for a Lab-Lib coalition, a referendum on voting reform that includes PR as an option and an elected House of Lords - which I think is what the Liberals will look to do.

You are asking me to pick between the party that will ruin me and the party that will sack me.

Hmmm, great.

A referendum on voting reform that includes PR as an option and an elected House of Lords - which I think is what the Liberals will look to do.

I'll take that its one of the things I really care about, who gives it to me I don't mind, but I WANT it not simply promised to me but not delivered.

I'll take that its one of the things I really care about, who gives it to me I don't mind, but I WANT it not simply promised to me but not delivered.

It's the only thing the Liberals want as they have no seats per vote. By the same way of running it's the thing neither Labour or Tories will give. It'd be like the Premiership giving payments of £20M to football league clubs because they think it is fair.

I hear what you're saying. But you can't have everything you want if you haven't got real power. No one takes account of any party's vote share in the House of Commons - it's a tough numbers game. Labour did fup on electoral reform and forcing through an elected House of Lords, and it's a tad cynical that some of them (Harman especially) are now waxing lyrical about it, but the Cabinet is genuinely divided on the question, meaning it's difficult to get any one policy through.

I hear what you're saying. But you can't have everything you want if you haven't got real power. No one takes account of any party's vote share in the House of Commons - it's a tough numbers game. Labour did fup on electoral reform and forcing through an elected House of Lords, and it's a tad cynical that some of them (Harman especially) are now waxing lyrical about it, but the Cabinet is genuinely divided on the question, meaning it's difficult to get any one policy through.

This is my point from earlier but you knocked it back (I'm glad you changed your mind though).

"Third World politics"- that's stretching things a bit far Dimbleby, when I voted there wasn't a queue, but then again I didn't wait until the last minute.

Massive queue in Leeds. It's a bit of a disgrace. Some of our election conventions are a bit shaky - when things are one-sided, that's okay, but when there's an opportunity and a motive, you get iffy behaviour.

55% turnout in Haughton. What with the queues and what not, I've got some hope for my bet of less than 55% turnout nationally.

"Third World politics"- that's stretching things a bit far Dimbleby, when I voted there wasn't a queue, but then again I didn't wait until the last minute.

Queue where I voted too, well there was one person in front of my wife but this was at 6pm.

It isn't latics where you can rock up at 2.55pm and get your seat. The first election since 97 that has energised the electorate and people and the powers that be didn't react accordingly?????

As I've previously said, we need massive political reform - note the word political not just electoral. The whole thing needs sorting out from the chambers, the way we vote, how we vote...

I've been saying this for years, thankfully the country has caught up. Hopefully too we as a people have taken the opportunity to put a government in place that can affect that change, not an oxymoron "vote for change, vote conservative".

Yep, I would think so. Sunderland Central is the big one to see how badly Labour have done (or not) though.

I think that is the one where my politics type mate said 2k majority for Labour means they won't lose it outright. Any less, and they are goners.

I could have forgotten though as inthe words of Paul Whitehouse 'I was very, very drunk'.

Massive queue in Leeds. It's a bit of a disgrace. Some of our election conventions are a bit shaky - when things are one-sided, that's okay, but when there's an opportunity and a motive, you get iffy behaviour.

55% turnout in Haughton. What with the queues and what not, I've got some hope for my bet of less than 55% turnout nationally.

55% in a safe Labour seat (she's obviously some rising star in Labour- that seat will be Labour if they put a racist black paedophile up in a red rosette) in the North East is probably quite good- it was 51.7% last time.

To contradict the bloke on the telly. the people of the North East have been abandoned by Labour and have voted so. Not voted Tory. I would not read too much into some of the areas up here. Which kind of discounts my post vote a little.

Edited by OldhamSheridan

We need a Bury North, Basildon, Luton, Norwich to see how this is really going.

Pretty soon the safe tory seats will start coming in and quickly. They will put the tories 30 seats ahead, then the lab seats catch up again.

Buckle up people, going to take a while before the shape of this election is clear.

55% in a safe Labour seat (she's obviously some rising star in Labour- that seat will be Labour if they put a racist black paedophile up in a red rosette) in the North East is probably quite good- it was 51.7% last time.

I've had to do the figures at work. For Durham (which is more non-Labour than most up here) only Durham is up for grabs. So as usual nearly all are non-starters for others, which counts for many surrounding areas.

*Durham City is slightly skewed by a career woman only Labour contender versus a local representative who works for the community anyway. So even that doesn't say too much.

Edited by OldhamSheridan

Queue where I voted too, well there was one person in front of my wife but this was at 6pm.

It isn't latics where you can rock up at 2.55pm and get your seat. The first election since 97 that has energised the electorate and people and the powers that be didn't react accordingly?????

As I've previously said, we need massive political reform - note the word political not just electoral. The whole thing needs sorting out from the chambers, the way we vote, how we vote...

I've been saying this for years, thankfully the country has caught up. Hopefully too we as a people have taken the opportunity to put a government in place that can affect that change, not an oxymoron "vote for change, vote conservative".

I'd agree- one thing in the "third world" is depending on the country you need ID to vote and its not just a matter of the head of houshold to get your name on the paper either.

Labour hold in Washington- not a surprise, big swing to the Tories though.

Edited by rudemedic