Election 2010 - Post Campaign Vote

Election 2010 - Post Campaign Vote  

192 members have voted

1. 1. If the Election took place today who would you vote for ?

• Labour
    • Conservative
    • Liberal Democrats
    • UK Independence Party
    • Green Party
    • British National Party
    • Independent Candidate
    • Other
    • I am not going to vote
    • Spoil Vote

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Evening All.

No queue for us as I drove past after going to the off licence. 1 person going in, 2 looking nonchalent and might have been going to vote, or not.

But solid Tory.

On ITV I think John Reid might be wroong about the postal vote, as I gave my postal vote in today and voted today. You can give a postal vote into a polling station on the day.

Not looking good for them at the moment. Here's hoping.

Too early to call.

However, the fact that the tories were about 10-20 points ahead in the polls, have had the backing of all but 2 papers, had the backing of one major news broadcaster, not had their policies scrutinised to any extent by the political hacks and had a very unpopular, perhaps the most unpopular government on a par with thatcher and yet they still couldn't seal the deal?

I am hoping that 3rd vote shows us 1 thing...we now know the Lib Dems aint voting as some thought...hopefully it means those who may have gone Yellow have seen it the way I have.....that to vote that way is letting in the Tories and thus it's reinvigorated some to vote Labour. Fingers crossed

All these people not able to vote, and possible legal challenges. Running out of ballot papers.

The Best of British!

It'll go nowhere. Last time more people voted in my local village than were alive there. It was investigated by the electoral fraud division who found nothing wrong. People voted twice, thrice, dead. Great. I'm glad my vote counts.

This is why I vote at 7am though. How else do the clerks stick any chance of looking at my paper and ditching it without reprocussion?

Too early to call.

However, the fact that the tories were about 10-20 points ahead in the polls, have had the backing of all but 2 papers, had the backing of one major news broadcaster, not had their policies scrutinised to any extent by the political hacks and had a very unpopular, perhaps the most unpopular government on a par with thatcher and yet they still couldn't seal the deal?

Bingo! Love it - a friend of mine pointed this out to me this morning. Hadn't thought about it like this before but you're dead right. In 1997 the country was unhappy with the incumbent government and we saw a 10%+ swing to Labour. In 2010 the country seems unhappy with the Government and yet the best the Tories can get is a hung parliament result. Surely this tells David Cameron that the majority of the country don't want him or his party in charge!

For me a hung parliament is the best result. Get parties talking and having to cooperate. It seems to be working well in Scotland with the minority SNP.

If you look at the live BBC election coverage (with text) Labour sources are saying Phil Woolas may have lost his seat to the Lib Dems.

I'm not going to count my chickens just yet... but even leeslover will hear my shouts of glee if and when it's announced. :lol:

Aye 0000's he'd be a great loss, he's Labour's incompetence czar and liar in chief.