Election 2010 - Post Campaign Vote

Election 2010 - Post Campaign Vote  

192 members have voted

1. 1. If the Election took place today who would you vote for ?

• Labour
    • Conservative
    • Liberal Democrats
    • UK Independence Party
    • Green Party
    • British National Party
    • Independent Candidate
    • Other
    • I am not going to vote
    • Spoil Vote

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Others on 29 probably means that people have voted for Others in constituencies where they won't win, meaning that those 29 seats will be shared evenly between the Tories and the Liberals.

SNP, Plaid, the Ulster parties, BNP, UKIP and the odd independent.

...and how many Unionist seats are there?

(looking at the exit polls)

I think the unionists get about 8 (but it may depend on unionists).

Harriet Harman sounds like she is reaching for straws- plus if the BBC are right Labour and Lib Dem (combined) will be short of a majority

I think the unionists get about 8 (but it may depend on unionists).

Harriet Harman sounds like she is reaching for straws- plus if the BBC are right Labour and Lib Dem (combined) will be short of a majority

If they'd held up Harriet Hateman for human sacrifice I'd have voted for Labour.

The incumbent gets the first chance. Cabinet Office guidelines. If he can't do it, he resigns, whereupon the Queen will invite Camoron to form the Big Society.

Is that just in a hung parliament? Because if the Tories get a majority I take it Gordon has no choice but to resign (anything else would be bad form- which is important in this sort of thing)

Yep agreed just been on TV saying exactly :imnotworthy: :imnotworthy: :imnotworthy: :imnotworthy: what you said...

It does mean that Labour will have to make a deal with the Lib Dems, SNP and them Sheepy folks wouldn't it to get in?

I have to say this actually beats the Eurovision Song Contest.

It does mean that Labour will have to make a deal with the Lib Dems, SNP and them Sheepy folks wouldn't it to get in?

I have to say this actually beats the Eurovision Song Contest.

Not as good a drinking game though.

Is that just in a hung parliament? Because if the Tories get a majority I take it Gordon has no choice but to resign (anything else would be bad form- which is important in this sort of thing)

No such thing as bad form in politics.

There is no written constitutional in this country and the conventions that are in place allow him to have first crack. Ted Heath had when in a similar position, so does Brown.

What it does show is that we need massive political reform to avoid this ever happening again.

We had a chance in this election to do that by voting for a left of centre coalition of two parties that have both stated they want electoral reform ( granted Brown's conversion has been Damascian) But the wonderful British electorate turned that chance down.

At least one person in one of my wards asked "Why isn't Clegg's name on the paper?" :petesake:

This was a chance to change a few things in Britain but if that exit poll is right and it was last time then we have missed the chance.

However, the poll could be well off and what I have just put is all arse so I for one welcome our new fascist overlords.

Anyone think that this is a good election for labour to lose. The tories come in and are forced to make whopping spending cuts and become very unpopular in a minority government. Labour can then have their transitional phase in opposition and regroup probably under David Milliband? just asking

No such thing as bad form in politics.

There is no written constitutional in this country and the conventions that are in place allow him to have first crack. Ted Heath had when in a similar position, so does Brown.

What it does show is that we need massive political reform to avoid this ever happening again.

We had a chance in this election to do that by voting for a left of centre coalition of two parties that have both stated they want electoral reform ( granted Brown's conversion has been Damascian) But the wonderful British electorate turned that chance down.

At least one person in one of my wards asked "Why isn't Clegg's name on the paper?" :petesake:

This was a chance to change a few things in Britain but if that exit poll is right and it was last time then we have missed the chance.

However, the poll could be well off and what I have just put is all arse so I for one welcome our new fascist overlords.

Harman already talking Lib Lab pact. I'm all for it, especially if it means electoral reform and an end to the cosy Westminster incumbent culture. Too many safe seats means too many lazy politicians.

Anyone think that this is a good election for labour to lose. The tories come in and are forced to make whopping spending cuts and become very unpopular in a minority government. Labour can then have their transitional phase in opposition and regroup probably under David Milliband? just asking

A good election for anyone to lose. The cuts whoever has to make will make them deeply unpopular with the general public.

David Milliband? No. Johnson would be miles better.

NB. Did anyone go along and find the numbers voting more than they had seen before (granted mine only goes back to the mid-nineties).

NB2. Mine was Six people rather than the usual 1 at 7am.

Edited by OldhamSheridan