Alijofree released - merged

I wouldn't be overly surprised if he came back later this summer if we need a backup CB and he hasn't signed for someone else.

He might've been poor at Yeovil and not a regular starter, but I think the fact that his contract expired before the budget talks was a bigger factor in him leaving.

Not a surprise this. He hardly impressed last time around, and with Greegs and Reuben in fine form and pretty injury/suspension free, his chance was severely limited in any case. Hope he gets fixed up somewhere else soon, but it won't be easy with so many chasing new clubs and contracts.

So whose the back up for Gregs/Hazell?

Yes they have had a relatively injury free season. However, I don't want to jinx the two of them but normally the next season is not so good.

Maybe we don't need the cover, maybe there is a youngster who is ready to step in so it's an extra wage we don't need.

Interesting times.....

Who else would you say bye-bye to?

Yes they have had a relatively injury free season. However, I don't want to jinx the two of them but normally the next season is not so good.

Maybe we don't need the cover, maybe there is a youngster who is ready to step in so it's an extra wage we don't need.

Interesting times.....

in an ideal world...Hazell

we will never get out of this league with him at the back, especially seeing as we use him as our main outlet ball from the back most of the time and i know most will say he is steady and mainly reliable but if he is a first team player for us we will amount to nothing

Interesting times.....

Given the chance, everyone but Gregan, Taylor, Abbott and a few of the kids.

we will never get out of this league with him at the back, especially seeing as we use him as our main outlet ball from the back most of the time and i know most will say he is steady and mainly reliable but if he is a first team player for us we will amount to nothing

Agree with that. Whilst he is steady and always gives 100% we are going no where with him at the heart of defence, but can we afford anything better probably not. Whilst i wouldnt want to release him our top scorer also needs to pull his finger out get some fitness FFS and start putting his foot through the ball and showing some aggression, I have never seen a more chilled out striker, the bloke has not get angry all season. Your 6 foot 3 start pushing some defenders about and letting them know your there

we will never get out of this league with him at the back,

As the only route out of league 1 for the foreseable future is through the trap door into league 2 then he must stay. He will never cut it in the championship but has still been one of our better performers this season.

We won't get out of this league with Hazell at the back? Despite us having a very good defensive record that would have been good enough for a playoff push?

+1

If the opportunity comes along to bring in someone better then fair enough but agreed, its primarily the players at the other end of the field who have let the team down this year, the ones whose prime responsibility is to create and score goals, managing only 39 all season. The resources we do have available to us next season need to be focused on addressing this problem

+1

If the opportunity comes along to bring in someone better then fair enough but agreed, its primarily the players at the other end of the field who have let the team down this year, the ones whose prime responsibility is to create and score goals, managing only 39 all season. The resources we do have available to us next season need to be focused on addressing this problem

I am not one of those that thinks all is well at the defence end.

Greegs will be a year older, adn many of the goals we have conceded have been "soft"

BUt a nd choice with Ruben fighting for a place would be the ideal scenario.

And sort of the Fullbacks.

But then spend the little money on swapping a decent left winger for once. Get Smalley and Taylor competing, with Taylor able to swich as cover.

A midfield terrier.

THen a decent strike partnet for Abbot, adn the kidss as back up.

I know, money is tight.

I am not one of those that thinks all is well at the defence end.

Greegs will be a year older, adn many of the goals we have conceded have been "soft"

BUt a nd choice with Ruben fighting for a place would be the ideal scenario.

And sort of the Fullbacks.

But then spend the little money on swapping a decent left winger for once. Get Smalley and Taylor competing, with Taylor able to swich as cover.

A midfield terrier.

THen a decent strike partnet for Abbot, adn the kidss as back up.

I know, money is tight.

We've got enough Huddersfield rejects.

We won't get out of this league with Hazell at the back? Despite us having a very good defensive record that would have been good enough for a playoff push?

We are 6th on goals conceded away but there are only 8 clubs that have conceded more at home. Thats not good enough for the playoffs.

Edited by NIKI1234

We are 6th on goals conceded away but there are only 8 clubs that have conceded more at home. Thats not good enough for the playoffs.

Back on topic; it is no real surprise for me that Hasney has been released.

Next season we need a genuine; out & out CB that will come in and actually want to take one of the 2 CB spots; fight for it & then want to keep hold of it.

There will be loads & loads of defenders available on free transfers this summer; we need to be able to cherry pick the best from that bunch and then get 1 of them signed up. Easier said than done.

I too am one who isn’t entirely convinced that all is well with the defence – we do need to strengthen – and whilst there are definitely other areas that need attention more visibly; we cannot IMO afford to forget about the Centre of Defence.

yes not total solid at the back are we, it will just take one injury at CB and we are screwed, not unless that's the point of the Chelsea trialist playing in the ressies?

Also Please can we have someone at the far post at corners and could someone tell Rubes that putting his boot three foot off the floor when clearing is better than his bonce. It scares me when he puts his nut lower than his midrift. :unsure: