Latics Into Administration?

You should remind someone of that. Maybe at your next meeting.

Meaning a heart felt plea rather than the finger of blame perhaps?

That might help, but it's not what I meant.

I meant that maybe there would be a few more if we didn't have a trust chairman who alienated more fans every time he opened his mouth...

I'll be there on Saturday cos it'll cost me nowt and I want to see my mates.

Next season I'll be at a few more away matches - I've missed the craic.

But I'll not be buying any tickets - season or match - while Owen is involved in the club and/or the trust. Call it a lesson to him and his followers that you don't insult fans and question their loyalty when all they did was disagree with your peculiar little view of the world, especially when things were already turning sour.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

News to me...I'm taking bets on how long it will take before your back through the turnstyles.

well I have got to fund the family season ticket somehow and I don't think I would get much for you on Ebay.... :wink:

P*** off :D

Could be worse, we could be City fans, all that money and nothing to show for it, just goes to show money doesn't buy you everything. :wink:

Thats the one thing I don't get, I can understand when people are p***** off to the core with some of the displays that have been shown, I've been p***** off since Sunday, I've only just snapped out of it this afternoon but I'll be there Saturday and I'll be here next season also.

True fan there through thick and thin

Thats the one thing I don't get, I can understand when people are p***** off to the core with some of the displays that have been shown, I've been p***** off since Sunday, I've only just snapped out of it this afternoon but I'll be there Saturday and I'll be here next season also.

Exactly, and if the majority of fans thought like this then we'd have a half decent budget for new players.

Hey thank me for that one Mr NY Boss.

Yes guys it can be done, Tangerine dreams saw the light from supporting a.n.other team from down the road.

If we can convert one, we can convert many. How is the trick?

Me??????...I didn't tell him I was a tic until the engagement ring was on the finger and by then, I had to endure watching Manure games.....pennance eh!!!

Edited by underdog

I have also heard this today and as a concerned fan I have asked questions.

It has been told to me that Oldham Athletic has no plans to go into Administration today or in the near future. Budgets will have to be tightened and the finances of OAFC and Simon and Danny are not Bottomless.

The finances of the team will be linked to the support of the fans and sponsors, The club cant afford to take risks and put the long term aims of the club in jeopardy.

Glad you have been honest Rich but the simple fact is while matchday prices stay as high as they are at the moment, and while Penny continues to mange the team crowds will continue to drop. The sad thing is up until the Yeovil game after our recent unbeaten run i actually thought it was starting to go right for him and fans seemed to had back down on the Penny out chants.

However Saturday was awful disgrace the fact we had nothing to play for either. Personally Alan Hardy should take part of the blame surly his comments about the playing budget could of waited another two weeks.

Think it was after the Millwall or Brighton Rich you said Penny would go i said there and then he would not be sacked and i still think it now a choice of two things.

1. Season tickets sales remain crap club sacks Penny with transfer budget, lets bring Richtie back bums back on seats but he has no transfer money we rely on loans and freebies.

2. We stick with Penny he has a small transfer budget but we expect much of the same next season.

I agree with Garcon Barry Owen has to take part the blame why he his still the fans representative on the board i do not know. Even more so why there has never been some sort of election for his posistion i do not know.

We may not have many long term debts reality is that makes it easier for the TTA to put us into administration because it will be the easier option for them.

Edited by oafctom

Thanks,I only jumped on board after having nothing to do one Saturday at the back end of last season, I suppose it is one of those things that gets under ones skin and is very hard to get rid of once it gets hold, I have made some very good friends whilst following, which is also a good thing when I don't originate from Oldham. It has been a very much up & down season for all Latics fans and I suppose we all live in hope that the next season will be better than the last.

Thanks,I only jumped on board after having nothing to do one Saturday at the back end of last season, I suppose it is one of those things that gets under ones skin and is very hard to get rid of once it gets hold, I have made some very good friends whilst following, which is also a good thing when I don't originate from Oldham. It has been a very much up & down season for all Latics fans and I suppose we all live in hope that the next season will be better than the last.

Oh dear you've revealed it for those who don't have that good a memory. We'll now have loads of people saying that you aren't a true fan because you've only been going for 15 months.

Oh dear you've revealed it for those who don't have that good a memory. We'll now have loads of people saying that you aren't a true fan because you've only been going for 15 months.

Too right. And then we have StevieJ, former fan's site manager I believe, telling the club owner to :censored: off.

And perhaps newyorkboss will take back his compliment!

If NYB is who he's believed to be, and I think he is, then it's a bloody worry that that's all he has to say in this thread.

Everyone can do something for the club

• Buy a shirt
  • Buy a ST
  • Sponsor a player
  • Sponsor a game / ball
  • Use Owtb.co.uk
  • Attend games when you are able
  • Plus many more ways

Some info for you all, since Owtb has been connected to the club in its current format.... Its memebers has helped over £14,000 be raised and given to the club.

That may not seem a lot in the grand scale of things, but the fans, supporters have raised that !!

Ah right, thats fair enough, I'll not loose any sleep over those that do. :wink:

This is not going to happen as far as i know

You're a OAFC director, I will take your word over those of people with "hear say" rumours and second hand information.

Thanks for quashing scaremongering rumours, NYB.

OAFC are not heading into administration, close thread.

Roll on next season!

You're a OAFC director, I will take your word over those of people with "hear say" rumours and second hand information.

Thanks for quashing scaremongering rumours, NYB.

OAFC are not heading into administration, close thread.

Roll on next season!

I feel particularly reassured by said club director finishing that sentence with 'as far as I know'. I'll sleep easy now.

You could argue it's already well on it's way to dying.

Ok so shall we stand by and let the club die or shall we as fans actually do something about it? If we carry on as we are things aren't going to get better are they? We need more support, it's upto us. Lower budgets ARE the fans fault, we aren't putting enough into the club. How the owners carry with this lack of belief is beyond me. At the moment we deserve to rot at BP.

I feel particularly reassured by said club director finishing that sentence with 'as far as I know'. I'll sleep easy now.

That part was called irony.....like making a joke of the situation that he's quashing this rumour but some people still wouldn't believe it.

"We're not going into administration....but what do I know? I'm only an owner and director of the club! LOL".

Ok so shall we stand by and let the club die or shall we as fans actually do something about it? If we carry on as we are things aren't going to get better are they? We need more support, it's upto us. Lower budgets ARE the fans fault, we aren't putting enough into the club. How the owners carry with this lack of belief is beyond me. At the moment we deserve to rot at BP.

We dont deserve to rot mate.. :wink:

OAFC dont have enough fans to lose hundreds at each match, TTA cant keep paying for empty seats but fans wont come back until the seats are full and the players are better..

chicken_or_egg.jpg

That part was called irony.....like making a joke of the situation that he's quashing this rumour but some people still wouldn't believe it.

"We're not going into administration....but what do I know? I'm only an owner and director of the club! LOL".

We'll see...

Everyone can do something for the club
  • Buy a shirt
  • Buy a ST
  • Sponsor a player
  • Sponsor a game / ball
  • Use Owtb.co.uk
  • Attend games when you are able
  • Plus many more ways

Some info for you all, since Owtb has been connected to the club in its current format.... Its memebers has helped over £14,000 be raised and given to the club.

That may not seem a lot in the grand scale of things, but the fans, supporters have raised that !!

Shirts are far to overpriced and the fact the days when clubs could keep a shirt for 3 seasons have gone. Buying a season ticket is not an option for someone who has to miss a large number of midweek games due to work commitment, while the players are not performing and our owners banking on how well the national side does in the world cup as a marketing term.(yes i know its been scrapped and i think England will win)

Edited by oafctom