Latics Into Administration?

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

from a players mouth. dont shoot the messenger.

I dont know of many work placed that would tell the workers they were planning on entering admin before it happens so still dont believe it, especially not a compeny in the public eye.

i dont doubt that you were telling the truth but jesus some of our players really are total, spouting off lies

As leeslover said, he knows the clubs directors/owners use the account 'newyorkboss' from when he met them, one of the directors has come on and dismissed the rumour, as we only owe money to TTA.

They wont demand the money from us as they can simply take the season ticket sales money etc if they wished to do so.

Mr Corney told us they all use that account, not sure if Blitzy was in the room at the time but I will take that as read.

As regards if they were to decide to stop funding the club, basically it wouldn't be a pretty state if it happened as our outgoings in the form of wage comitments and everything else are in excess of out income, so we would have to try and sort something out from the first time the wage and other bills hit. Which seems to be pretty much how they do it at the moment, except that Simon and Danny have more cash than most of us here. It wouldn't have to be admin though as we don't owe money to other clubs or the Revenue, it would be a case of TTA losing the money they have put in in the form or Directors' loans. Who knows the future? My gut feeling is that Corney doesn't want to leave Oldham as a failed job. And I hope that one way or another, he doesn't.

Mr Corney told us they all use that account, not sure if Blitzy was in the room at the time but I will take that as read.

As regards if they were to decide to stop funding the club, basically it wouldn't be a pretty state if it happened as our outgoings in the form of wage comitments and everything else are in excess of out income, so we would have to try and sort something out from the first time the wage and other bills hit. Which seems to be pretty much how they do it at the moment, except that Simon and Danny have more cash than most of us here. It wouldn't have to be admin though as we don't owe money to other clubs or the Revenue, it would be a case of TTA losing the money they have put in in the form or Directors' loans. Who knows the future? My gut feeling is that Corney doesn't want to leave Oldham as a failed job. And I hope that one way or another, he doesn't.

Might be slightly of topic, but when you met with them, did you enquire about what they planned to do now, since there 5 year plan for us to be a championship team has failed?

Might be slightly of topic, but when you met with them, did you enquire about what they planned to do now, since there 5 year plan for us to be a championship team has failed?

I'm not so sure it was ever quite like that. I remember an interview early in the day when they asked Corney what he wanted in his first season, and hesaid, "promotion," and they asked him what if? about 10 times. He always wanted to get promoted next season, I don't ever buy it that they wanted to stay down at any point or set low targets. I think they really want to get a new ground built, whether that will be them saying adios with us on a more even financial keel and them recouping some losses or them staying and maybe trying to develop the club further I can't tell you.

Having a big budget in this division, in terms of league finish, guarantees nothing. If it did, Leeds would have been gone long long ago.

You don't need a mega budget to compete at this level. Ask Danny Wilson at Swindon, whose budget is considerably less than those of his playoff counterparts I believe.

And I remember a Donny fan saying (might have been on here actually) that Penney actually performed best when he did have to manage on a shoestring budget.

Twas easrlier that that Carl

In 2008 a new consortium took over.

One of whom a City Finaincier is 230th on the Times Rich List. worth £370 million

Times Rich List

Twas easrlier that that Carl

In 2008 a new consortium took over.

One of whom a City Finaincier is 230th on the Times Rich List. worth £370 million

Times Rich List

Didn't know Martyn Arbib was involved. He's a rugby and racing man, particularly racing . Surprised to see him involved in football.

I dont know of many work placed that would tell the workers they were planning on entering admin before it happens so still dont believe it, especially not a compeny in the public eye.

i dont doubt that you were telling the truth but jesus some of our players really are total, spouting off lies

The way these things work often is that at times of strife all the employees are given laods of positive spin to keep them there and motivated.

They are the last to know about going into admin, it's all done very military precision to avoid anything going off.

An example, although I think now dodgy, I know someone who was openly telling all and sundry that Ferranti wa not in trouble, the bosses had told her to buy shares, and bough some too. About 3 months before it went under IIRC.

P;ayers would have no odea what was going any more than any other employee in any other company.

Though they many have as much idea as any manager, and have hint of it.

Some people have nowt better to do than scaremonger, these 'rumours' are counter-productive and downright bollocks. Budget cuts are one thing admin another.

Another rumour doing the rounds is that the Chaddy End is being dropped, so why sell St's? Typical doom and gloom Oldhamers nowt better to do than :censored:-stir!

As leeslover said, he knows the clubs directors/owners use the account 'newyorkboss' from when he met them, one of the directors has come on and dismissed the rumour, as we only owe money to TTA.

They wont demand the money from us as they can simply take the season ticket sales money etc if they wished to do so.

Not suggesting anything...but Chris Moore did EXACTLY that!

• 1 month later...