Penney's Gone

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's going to be Gannon... I love Ritchie - but am not a fan of previous managers/heros returning.

Hope it is Gannon.

Stockport should be out of administration within a month though, so I suspect he'll be back to Edgeley Park.

No poll yet? Singe must be busy.

Possibles:

Gannon

Ritchie

Gregan

Ince

Bunn

Shez (ahem)

Butt

Duxbury

Gray

Keith Hill

John Coleman

Alan Knill

Martin Allen

John Barnes

Phil Brown

George Burley

Chris Coleman

Alan Curbishley

Brian Horton

Peter Jackson

Paul Jewell

Jim Magilton

Gary McAllister

Stuart McCall

Gary Megson

Tony Mowbray

Mike Newell

Lee Richardson

Brendan Rogers

Glenn Roeder

Gareth Southgate

Steve Staunton

Stan Ternant

Dennis Wise

Any more for any more?

I'll make my way to the ticket office to renew now. Here's to attacking football next season.

Meh.

Was already going to be renewing my ST on Saturday; but now it’s going to look like I was one of the band who were the ‘not renewing till he’s gone’ lot………Pish

Oh; and I really hope it’s not Gannon; really hope not

:blink:

Yeah Thanks for nothing Dave

He was up against it under impossible circumstances. Fans had made their minds up about him after 5 games, after that he was never gonna match our unrealistic expectations with the fans on his back and no time to build.

Well, I hope you're all happy....we've just paid our manager off, our season ticket sales and attendances are at an all time low, we've got no one to sell, and the next manager and the players we bring in the summer will reflect this. You think we signed crap players last summer? Just you wait 'til you see what the new manager can buy with our 50p and a Mars bar budget.

Relegation is a real threat next season, we'll have one of the worst squads in the league.

I pity the poor bastard who has to manage us and meet our demands of instant promotion and Premiership within 2 years. If I was a manager I'd want nothing to do with this club. No time, no patience just whiney arse fans who give the manager crap after 4 games.

It's a thankless task and our next manager will probably reflect the fact that no manager with any self respect or decent managerial ability would want to come near us.

Penney was up against it after just a few games and the fans had already made their minds up.

This club will go no where anytime soon because no manager is given time to build.

Ah well, we've made our bed....

bloody hell didnt realise how good Shazam is !

Bloody hell. Was it something I said....

Saturday has just become 'extra' beer'o'clock....

:)

Methinks someone might be in post in time to discuss budgets next week.

Coulnt give a toss about switching managers when they are as bad as Penney. Heres to whoever comes in! I just hope the reign of idiot dave hasnt done too much damage.

Here we go again!

While I'd have preferred him to stay, I can't say I'm too upset to see him go. I see Penney as an average League One manager, while we could certainly do better we could also do a lot worse as next season might unfortunately prove IMO.

If TTA can afford to sack him, replace him with an obviously better candidate and give him time and the chance to create his own team then great. But I really can't see this being the case, so I'm underwhelmed by this move.

Edited by the_mighty_bosh

The man had no outward showing passion, a big thing for me, you like to see you manager hand out a b******* or two from the touchline when the chips are down, thats why I never rated Sharpe.

Poor buys = Penney the monkey!!!!

You'd turned me around, think you could have taken us places next year, yet again a rash sacking.

Cheers for the huddle at Orient after that superb away win, massive celebrations at full time, and after that i thought this was our year. Oh and cheers for :censored: he's been a genius.

Well, I hope you're all happy....we've just paid our manager off, our season ticket sales and attendances are at an all time low, we've got no one to sell, and the next manager and the players we bring in the summer will reflect this. You think we signed crap players last summer? Just you wait 'til you see what the new manager can buy with our 50p and a Mars bar budget.

Balls. Everything you say above is exactly because of Dave penney. Who signed crap players, who play football that is so miserable it is driving the fans away, who hast got a sodding clue how to build a squad, who goes to Yeovil with the intention of getting a 0-0.

Dave :censored: ing Penney. Good riddance.

I've made my bed and i'll sodding bask in it.

Balls. Everything you say above is exactly because of Dave penney. Who signed crap players, who play football that is so miserable it is driving the fans away, who hast got a sodding clue how to build a squad, who goes to Yeovil with the intention of getting a 0-0.

Dave :censored: ing Penney. Good riddance.

I've made my bed and i'll sodding bask in it.

totally agree.

what a load of bollocks.

You'd turned me around, think you could have taken us places next year, yet again a rash sacking.

Cheers for the huddle at Orient after that superb away win, massive celebrations at full time, and after that i thought this was our year. Oh and cheers for :censored: he's been a genius.

Quality BP quality,

My best memory,

Him storming off at Exeter :lol:

No poll yet? Singe must be busy.

Possibles:

Gannon

Ritchie

Gregan

Ince

Bunn

Shez (ahem)

Butt

Duxbury

Gray

Keith Hill

John Coleman

Alan Knill

Martin Allen

John Barnes

Phil Brown

George Burley

Chris Coleman

Alan Curbishley

Brian Horton

Peter Jackson

Paul Jewell

Jim Magilton

Gary McAllister

Stuart McCall

Gary Megson

Tony Mowbray

Mike Newell

Lee Richardson

Brendan Rogers

Glenn Roeder

Gareth Southgate

Steve Staunton

Stan Ternant

Dennis Wise

Any more for any more?

Like you would not beleive.

I have only just caught up with this news!

Would have felt is justified to give him till Christmas, but not distraught he has gone.

DP gone, just get rid of the LP now and it will have been a good day!

Does the timing of this make any sense to anyone with one game to go?

Is it because of the product on the pitch?

Is it because fans are not coming back until the club got rid - a tactical move?

Mixed emotions really because who can you honestly say would want the job at BP knowing full well there is no money in the coffers and the players we have got is what you have got to work with next season.

Now it is going to hit the fan(s)

Hope we are prepared to reap the whirlwind.........