Maybe he offered them an ultimatum....either he goes or i do! ;)

I can’t be the only one who thinks the timing of this is just a coincidence can I?

DP in charge = no contract signed. DP goes and quick as a flash, contract signed.

Just strange timings or was there a second shooter on the grassy knoll???

Is he mad?????????????????????????????????? :blink:

Or is he the new manager..hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Well, we were questioning his loyalty and I guess this answers the question.

I wonder if there is any connection between Penney's departure and Eaves' signing, with the club touting the "length of contract" as a cover?

Not that it matters now.

Well done Tom and my apologies for being sceptical about your motives. :wink:

That's him off in the summer then.

Vernon signed a 3 year deal then was swapped for Wellens.

Thanks for all the running Tom and good luck in your future career.

Does the length of contract have any bearing on the compensation/fee attainable?

That's him off in the summer then.

Vernon signed a 3 year deal then was swapped for Wellens.

Thanks for all the running Tom and good luck in your future career.

It puts a bigger transfer fee in place for when he is sold.

Good decision even if he only plays one more game!

Does the length of contract have any bearing on the compensation/fee attainable?

Yes. Directly.

Should he play next season and bag 25 goals to buy out a 4 year deal would be considerably more than to buy out a 1 year deal.

Ha ha.

today just gets better!!

Eaves hasn't signed; Penney goes and a 5 year deal is signed - wow.

Can all who slagged off Tom now come full circle please? Loyalty and spoilt brat wasn't it?

I was one who questioned hi loyalty but never slagged him off - my posts were always prefaced with 'if he has decided to go' etc.

Glad the lad has signed - five years? WoW - he must be a great prospect! :huh:

One thing that worries me about the length of this deal- in 5 years time he will be 23 (if my sums are right), I can never remember which side of 23 is it for freebie transfers? Could he stay for the 5 years (and hopefully do very well) but then leave on a free?

One thing that worries me about the length of this deal- in 5 years time he will be 23 (if my sums are right), I can never remember which side of 23 is it for freebie transfers? Could he stay for the 5 years (and hopefully do very well) but then leave on a free?

If he does well and is still here for the 5 years, i'll show my white podgy ass on Vance Millers Town hall steps.

when was the last time a club in our league gave out a 5-year contract? it cant of happened that often

Exactly, it amazes me that so little has been made about this on here. Granted, there is the little matter of DP being sacked (wrongly imo) but this is surely brilliant news. A striker who has huge potential being tracked by a number of clubs far bigger than ourselves signing for 5 years, nice work by the board to go for it and take the 'gamble' of a long term contract.

Exactly, it amazes me that so little has been made about this on here. Granted, there is the little matter of DP being sacked (wrongly imo) but this is surely brilliant news. A striker who has huge potential being tracked by a number of clubs far bigger than ourselves signing for 5 years, nice work by the board to go for it and take the 'gamble' of a long term contract.

Good News = OWTB Quiet

Bad News = OWTB Busy

We genuinely make more effort to have staff around when we've lost because we know there will be more work to do... the nature of Latics fans, sadly.