Andy Ritchie

Will be at boundary park tomoro to watch oldham dont be shocked to see jim gannon there to i got this info close from a club contacts.

I really think Ritchie will get the job with Frank Bunn coming in to help him.

You know what the OP may be right I wouldn't bet against Andy Ritchie being at the ground today- but he will be watching for Charlton not us, he works for Radio Leeds and they need to be keeping an eye on Charlton's result. Its a matter of co-incidence that Charlton are playing us.

Get Gannon to do the half time draw, sort the pies out, sell some programmes, outsmart Chaddy in a childish game, fork the pitch, make the stewards be reasonable................whatever............but manage the team...........NO.......FFS NO!!!!

There seems to be plenty of anti Jim Gannon posts knocking about, yet nobody is able to cite any reasons for being so vehmently anti Gannon.

I was under the impression he did a fantastic job at stockport, maybe it's just me.

If people got upset by DP's "I donlt give a monkeys" comment, they will be calling for Gannon's head by May 2010

He is farily contemptious of fans opinions.

Mind you he is probably right on a number of occaisions, he'd have a field day with some of our fans.

He's Not done much since Stockport though? Which begs the question is he a one trick pony.

If you take the principle of the 2 succesful managerial appointents of the year, and apply the principle to Latics then a Roy Hodson or Harry Redknapp type is needed.

So who is old and experienced around our level and the at lower leagues?

Edited by singe

There seems to be plenty of anti Jim Gannon posts knocking about, yet nobody is able to cite any reasons for being so vehmently anti Gannon.

I was under the impression he did a fantastic job at stockport, maybe it's just me.

There also seems to be plenty who think gannon is some sort of messiah and i'm yet to understand why. In fact some people bang on about him so much it actually gets quite annoying.

The same goes for those who are obsessed with wanting ritchie to come back. He hardly did a great job the first time around so why would this time be any different? Too many people are living in the past. It's time to move on.

Edited by Ernie For England

If people got upset by DP's "I donlt give a monkeys" comment, they will be calling for Gannon's head by May 2010

Mind you he is probably right on a number of occaisions, he'd have a field day with some of our fans.

Not done much since though...

He probably has the right attitude were some fans are concerned, you only have to come on here to see that, anyway if he gets it right on the pitch then that will do for me.

Some of our 'fans' really do deserve to be treated with contempt.

I thought he did well at Peterborough after taking over with the club in an impossible position, I'm sure I read somewhere that the Peterborough fans liked him as he certainly improved their results after taking over, but his family didn't want to leave the north west, can't blame him/them for that.

He's Not done much since Stockport though? Which begs the question is he a one trick pony.

If you take the principle of the 2 succesful managerial appointents of the year, and apply the principle to Latics then a Roy Hodson or Harry Redknapp type is needed.

May 2010? That would be a record, even by our standards!

Gannon won't happen, for one he doesnt like working with a contract (although I suppose that would suit us given the rate of how we get rid of managers)

Frankie Bunn all the way for me, failing that then take a gamble on Nicky Butt

just out of interest carl,why frankie bunn?

just out of interest carl,why frankie bunn?

I'll answer.

Very Very good reputation within the game for his coaching methods. Excellent contacts throughout the game, especially City, where we could use their Reserves to our advantage. Seems eager to take the job, will have the fans onside immediately. No "You :censored: big chinned Bastard" in September, he would be given the time ala Sheridan. And, finally, I'm sick of so called "proven" managers who failed to make the grade for us.

Same as Carl, for me, Bunn or Butt. I desperately hope Andy Ritchie stays as far away as possible.

Will be at boundary park tomoro to watch oldham dont be shocked to see jim gannon there to i got this info close from a club contacts.

I really think Ritchie will get the job with Frank Bunn coming in to help him.

Another numb quote, I am going to be there also with my Canadian Fiancee put me down as next manager.

Jim Gannon has been at BP a few times scouting and as Andy Ritchie being there, so what??..

Mick Wadsworth?

:grin:

I'll answer.

Very Very good reputation within the game for his coaching methods. Excellent contacts throughout the game, especially City, where we could use their Reserves to our advantage. Seems eager to take the job, will have the fans onside immediately. No "You :censored: big chinned Bastard" in September, he would be given the time ala Sheridan. And, finally, I'm sick of so called "proven" managers who failed to make the grade for us.

Same as Carl, for me, Bunn or Butt. I desperately hope Andy Ritchie stays as far away as possible.

Sammy Lee was also a good coach with a good reputation, but he couldn't make the step up to manager.

:unsure: