mike newton gone

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

mike newton has left the club from today. On OS now.

Sorry to see him go - seemed to talk a lot of sense and had a genuine feeling for the clu - good luck Mike.

also - GK coach left today - how long before Martin Gray leaves too?

My first reaction is that it's a shame he's gone. His comments always seemed thoughtful.

Maybe he wanted a bigger role, or a smaller one. We don't know.

No, no, no. You know the rules. You've got to make a baseless accusation about his conduct/character/loyalty. :grin:

No, no, no. You know the rules. You've got to make a baseless accusation about his conduct/character/loyalty. :grin:

He got caught, "reviewing," the downloads that they found on Ackey's PC, so in the interests of human decency he had to go just as Ackey did.

He got caught, "reviewing," the downloads that they found on Ackey's PC, so in the interests of human decency he had to go just as Ackey did.

:lol:

I told you, I got sacked for hitting Chris Taylor, just like everyone else! :wink:

Wasn't he brought in to attract new investment?

Seems like a sensible cost cutting move if he hasn't delivered.

I think that's the remit for all directors isn't it. Let's look at this a bit more...

Ian Hill for instance, what does he do?

It might be him I was thinking of, making my post pretty pointless :lol:

Not at all O4U! :lol: I think by virtue of asking that very question we can scrutinise what people like Ian Hill do for the club. Please can somebody sway me away from the feeling I get of "bugger all".

Always seemed to know too much about the football side for a director. Plus, in the interview on LW after Penney went, he said good things about him. Maybe he was too closely associated with Penney's appointment.

To add some spice to this hopeless conjecture, there are rumours that he was meeting prospective new players in Sainsburys rather than Tesco, which is against club policy. Had to go.

Always seemed to know too much about the football side for a director. Plus, in the interview on LW after Penney went, he said good things about him. Maybe he was too closely associated with Penney's appointment.

To add some spice to this hopeless conjecture, there are rumours that he was meeting prospective new players in Sainsburys rather than Tesco, which is against club policy. Had to go.

I can further quote it was about 5.30 in the evening of a night game, which is far close close for comfort. A trolley might bang into the player and cause immensee damage.

Although I would guess we are seen more and more in Lidl these days.

I think it is not unheard of that a resignation by a member of a board is followed by that member being involved in a takover bid.

You never know.....

Like Barry Chawtow?

Being as Mike Newton was invited on the board, and is a business colleague, they would jsut sell their shares.

The reason is given is difference of opinion of role.

I am sure he himself does not know enough to launch a hostile takeover.