New Manager Thread

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree - too deliberate, I'd like to think I know a bit about analysing the literacy skills of 13 year olds...

Chill- I was joking. Maybe I should have put a :wink: at the end. After all I shouldn't have to remind almost every poster on here about what memorable occassion happened for the club in 91. When, incidentally, I was 7 and I could have spelt that better then. I quite agree with you that something seems off about it and the mods should have a look into it.

I have been against Gannon getting the job as he has previously come across as a bit of a prat - the whole sky thing and a few comments by the board when he left Scotland but after watching that and thinking about it, Gannon in.

Might be just what this club needs, someone who calls a spade a spade and a breath of fresh air. A small club living on a brief past glory tearing itself apart at every given opportunity, we need someone who can come in and take whatever the "fans" throw at him verbally without batting a eyelid.

What we don't need is a manager who will trot out the same tired old "this is a big club" "proud history" "likes to play football" and the rest of that kind of tripe. We probably need someone who rattles a few cages off the pitch.

as he has previously come across as a bit of a prat - the whole sky thing

Don't blame him for the Sky thing, they're a bunch of thieving knobs. They rip their customers off and it's good to see Gannon sticking to his principles, Sky wouldn't help him when he needed his digibox fixing, so he won't help them and their coverage by speaking to them. Nowt wrong with it.

Edited by Bring Back Ronnie Moore

I have been against Gannon getting the job as he has previously come across as a bit of a prat - the whole sky thing and a few comments by the board when he left Scotland but after watching that and thinking about it, Gannon in.

Might be just what this club needs, someone who calls a spade a spade and a breath of fresh air. A small club living on a brief past glory tearing itself apart at every given opportunity, we need someone who can come in and take whatever the "fans" throw at him verbally without batting a eyelid.

What we don't need is a manager who will trot out the same tired old "this is a big club" "proud history" "likes to play football" and the rest of that kind of tripe. We probably need someone who rattles a few cages off the pitch.

I think that's spot on. Also, it wouldn't harm us if the manager tried to wrestle some control of football matters away from the board room. We need someone who is going to be his own man, with his own philosophy, and who'll make his own signings.

"...what use is anger when the same end may be accomplished by reason? Anger is not expedient even in battle or in war; for it is prone to rashness, and while it seeks to bring about danger, does not guard against it."

its not war. Its football. Alex Ferguson - a very angry man. trophies... lots.

For me Jim Gannon is the right man on all accounts, we need someone with experience at a club at our level, with our money, someone who could bring order to the dressing room and someone who will build a good relationship with the fans, but at the same time wont be phased by the minority of fans calling for his head after a couple of bad results

They are in a hole here TTA.Whoever comes in is going to have pretty much co k all to spend and any manager with ambition is going to run a mile in those circumstances.

Forget Gannon and forget any one with big ideas,the board will go with MG or MC,its purely stop gap until the inevitable bail out down the line anyway.

Stick a score on us going down next season i reckon we'd be around evens at bookies.

They are in a hole here TTA.Whoever comes in is going to have pretty much co k all to spend and any manager with ambition is going to run a mile in those circumstances.

Forget Gannon and forget any one with big ideas,the board will go with MG or MC,its purely stop gap until the inevitable bail out down the line anyway.

Stick a score on us going down next season i reckon we'd be around evens at bookies.

Believe it or not, I actually still think there will be at least four worst teams than us next year

Hartlepool, Trannies, Dale, Dagenham, Bournemouth, Exeter, Yeovil, Walsall, Leyton Orient will all have budgets very similar to what ours will be. Out of them I think Exeter, Hartlepool, Dale, Dagenham will all be worse than us although I definitely do think we are going to be looking over our shoulders for another season.

Believe it or not, I actually still think there will be at least four worst teams than us next year

Hartlepool, Trannies, Dale, Dagenham, Bournemouth, Exeter, Yeovil, Walsall, Leyton Orient will all have budgets very similar to what ours will be. Out of them I think Exeter, Hartlepool, Dale, Dagenham will all be worse than us although I definitely do think we are going to be looking over our shoulders for another season.

If, and its a big if, Gregan can be similar to this season (can't see him being as good at his age) and Taylor, Smalley and Abbott can avoid injury then we will be nice and safe. We could do with the Taylor of a couple of years ago stepping up to the plate. If this doesn't happen and we miss these players for decent chunks of the season then we are going down.

Notts County are close to securing a new manager, to be announced on friday. apparently gareth southgate is on the short list, made me think if he applied for us, as i imagine budgets will be similar between us and notts county next season seeing as they need to reduce the debt.

If he has applied and been interviewed, would anyone welcome him?

Notts County are close to securing a new manager, to be announced on friday. apparently gareth southgate is on the short list, made me think if he applied for us, as i imagine budgets will be similar between us and notts county next season seeing as they need to reduce the debt.

If he has applied and been interviewed, would anyone welcome him?

Said weeks ago he'd be my ideal choice but I thought he'd be way out of our league - if he ends up at Notts County I'll be pissed off. I hope TTA at least sounded him out rather than sitting on their arses waiting for the :censored:e that's been bandied about to apply.

Add notts county to that list of budgets around ours

Said weeks ago he'd be my ideal choice but I thought he'd be way out of our league - if he ends up at Notts County I'll be pissed off. I hope TTA at least sounded him out rather than sitting on their arses waiting for the :censored:e that's been bandied about to apply.

Hopefully, but this is TTA we're talking about, hopefully they have used common sense