First Signing.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our first signing is expected to be unveiled later on in the week.

Unfortuantely, it's Andrew Holt.

Holty's a decent attacking full-back, big, strong, good shot and a threat from set-pieces BUT WTF!!!??? We've already got left-backs in Black and JJ AND Lomax can play there and Taylor if need be can fill in there. So why? Just why???

Holty's a decent attacking full-back, big, strong, good shot and a threat from set-pieces BUT WTF!!!??? We've already got left-backs in Black and JJ AND Lomax can play there and Taylor if need be can fill in there. So why? Just why???

:shock:

Calm down. You've already had one hernia last week, back when Crossley's appointment was announced. :wink:

I'd take Holt over either Black or 'JJ', who are both :censored:e in my book.

Calm down. You've already had one hernia last week, back when Crossley's appointment was announced. :wink:

I'd take Holt over either Black or 'JJ', who are both :censored:e in my book.

That's harsh on Black who really looked like he was pushing on towards the end of last season. He was superb at Southampton and Carlisle. As for 'JJ' he IS an attacking full-back but was told to sit-back I know this for a fact as I had a long chat with Kieran Lee at the Wembley dinner, at first he was coy but then readily admitted that Penney wanted them to sit deep nand not push on. It just made me hate the dire Yorkshire tw@t even more...

I agree that Holty may be CB cover, but surely we can do better than a 30 odd year old journeyman and for a position we are well covered for?

Makes sense if Black is going to boro... we sell him to boro then use the funds elsewhere on the team...

As decent as he was at the back end of last season if Boro offer decent wonga and providing TTA are willing to re-invest it in the team then go for it - although the potential signing of Andy Holt pretty much says that they won't be re-investing any funds in the team...just the budget identified and the usual reactionary loanees arriving at various points...

Edited by oafcprozac

I can remember negative comments about all Latics players in recent years.

If we signed Messi some people would complain about his right foot being a bit weak.

I wouldn;t.

I'd say he is a glory boy that would not hack it on a cold Tuesday in Bournemouth.

:wink:

Edited by singe

Aye an if he was in the team you can bet your bottom dollar we would just cart long balls for him to compete against 6 foot 3 in centre halfs.

:lol:

I reckon if Sean Garnett had to mark him, St.Johns ambulance would be picking his broken body out of the hoardings.