World Cup Thread

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have never wanted Brazil to lose until last night when I guess I joined with most other football supporters in wanting the team from the glorious nation of Good Korea to win.

So on to today,

Honduras v Chile

Spain v Switzerland

South Africa v URGay

Some good games there, I want Chile, Spain and the ones who are good with colours to win today.

As all teams have so far, they do indeed look quite average.

The Swiss have been impressive in their organisation as always but don't really look much of a threat.

I think the competition is still waiting for 'take off'

The opening games are notoriously cagey affairs with teams not wanting to get beat. The second phase of matches should provide better entertainment as teams have to look to win games.

Here's to an enthralling 4-3 somewhere.

I think the competition is still waiting for 'take off'

The opening games are notoriously cagey affairs with teams not wanting to get beat. The second phase of matches should provide better entertainment as teams have to look to win games.

Here's to an enthralling 4-3 somewhere.

Even though todays first game was 1-0, and this is 1-0 late on, todays games have been a massive improvement.

Greece really need another to stick a chance of getting through (in the reality that the Argies will do them).

Greece can't go through without getting a result better than defeat against Argentina.

Should have gone for goals in my view, that way they could have gone through with a Nigeria win against Korea, even if defeated.

Astonishing.

Kloser sent off for two yellows after just 36 minutes.

Mick McCarthy has just rightly pointed out that this referee is a clown (no doubt he'll get in trouble for that!)

Ridiculous. Awful refereeing.