• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Barry = Okay.

Lennon & Gerrard = Bad.

James = Didn't really mess up.

Everyone else = -1000000000000/10

Rooney = Whoops.

Heskey was average. Did nothing wrong and made plenty of tackles chasing back, just no confidence which isn't surprising with all the unnecessary criticism he gets. Worst player for me in the first 2 games is Frank Lampard. Why shoot 5 times in a game from 30 yards on your wrong foot. Gives the ball away needlessly time and again, a total liability in international football. Rooney, Whittaker would have been proud of that disappearing act.

Heskey was average. Did nothing wrong and made plenty of tackles chasing back, just no confidence which isn't surprising with all the unnecessary criticism he gets. Worst player for me in the first 2 games is Frank Lampard. Why shoot 5 times in a game from 30 yards on your wrong foot. Gives the ball away needlessly time and again, a total liability in international football. Rooney, Whittaker would have been proud of that disappearing act.

Bloody Hell, Heskey was nigh on top of the list of rubbishness. I don't blame him, he is just not fit to play in a game where players can pass. In this instance I think Glenn Johnson pipped him.

Really the list is endless (well 14), and it is like comparing shades of :censored:e.

That was an absolute :censored: disgrace. I can't even describe how :censored: ashamed i am right now. Rooney is the most overrated pile of :censored: i've ever seen

I think this is the point where i say 'i told you so' to everyone who had a go at me on here last year when i said we shouldn't rely on him as he still hasn't matured yet and is still looking to win games on his own. He's come on a lot this year but the gulf between him and Kaka, Messi etc is still vast. Potential is there but he isn't 'the new Gazza' yet by a long shot. Why doesn't Joe Cole get a look in, still our most technically able player and someone who's never let us down?

Bloody Hell, Heskey was nigh on top of the list of rubbishness. I don't blame him, he is just not fit to play in a game where players can pass. In this instance I think Glenn Johnson pipped him.

Really the list is endless (well 14), and it is like comparing shades of :censored:e.

Didn't see it, one of the few who actually looked bothered.

I think this is the point where i say 'i told you so' to everyone who had a go at me on here last year when i said we shouldn't rely on him as he still hasn't matured yet and is still looking to win games on his own. He's come on a lot this year but the gulf between him and Kaka, Messi etc is still vast. Potential is there but he isn't 'the new Gazza' yet by a long shot. Why doesn't Joe Cole get a look in, still our most technically able player and someone who's never let us down?

No idea.

One of very few World class players we have.

Another is called Cole and the other is Rooney. Alright, he ain't Messi, but he's still bloody good when on song.

Didn't see it, one of the few who actually looked bothered.

I'll agree he looked bothered, in the past so did Phil Neville when they let him out too.

Against the US I'd have given him the man of the match. This game, sorry he looked out of his depth. Once you take away the flick-ons the man has very little to his game. The moment Defoe came on we played in a different way. Then we brought Crouch on and erm, looked more like losing again.

It's horses for courses with Heskey. This was like Shergar on an hors d'oeuvres.

Edited by OldhamSheridan

Can't believe I just sat through that. For what it's worth I thought James did well, Wright-Phillips had a bit of a go, Defoe livened us up and that's it. Rooney was a disgrace, threw his toys out the pram and if I saw anyone in a Latics shirt look as disinterested as he did in that second half I wouldn't expect to see them in the shirt again (esp after his rant to the camera). I will wake up in a cold sweat tonight with images of Heskey trying to throw stepovers, Johnson looks hefty and I don't think I saw Ashley Cole in position once.

I'm not sure what Joe Cole has done wrong but he is our one and only technically world class player. Add that to the fact that bringing him in for Heskey allows for a bit more movement in midfield and he has to start the next game.

No idea.

One of very few World class players we have.

Another is called Cole and the other is Rooney. Alright, he ain't Messi, but he's still bloody good when on song.

When he's on song he's one of the best strikers in the world by some way. At the moment he is far from on song and is losing more confidence, getting more frustrated and looking more of a shadow of his best form every minute he spends on the pitch. I really think they'd be better off starting with Crouch and Defoe up front on Wednesday. And Gerrard has to play in the centre.

Can't believe I just sat through that. For what it's worth I thought James did well, Wright-Phillips had a bit of a go, Defoe livened us up and that's it. Rooney was a disgrace, threw his toys out the pram and if I saw anyone in a Latics shirt look as disinterested as he did in that second half I wouldn't expect to see them in the shirt again (esp after his rant to the camera). I will wake up in a cold sweat tonight with images of Heskey trying to throw stepovers, Johnson looks hefty and I don't think I saw Ashley Cole in position once.

I'm not sure what Joe Cole has done wrong but he is our one and only technically world class player. Add that to the fact that bringing him in for Heskey allows for a bit more movement in midfield and he has to start the next game.

:lol: :lol:

James did alright, the one remotely not-awful point of the game.

Ashley Cole was neither good nor bad. It's like he nullified that side of the game, some kind of matter/anti-matter collision.

Johnson, Carragher and most of all Terry were poor in defence. Misplaced passes, caught out of position, the fact they lined up two on one any time an Algerian forward wandered nearby just showed how much they felt The Fear.

Lennon sparked occasionally and faded badly - he wanted to cut inside far too much, and didn't get the ball early enough to run with it. Wright-Phillips ran around a lot to no end product, just expended energy. Barry was lumpen, and just slowed the game down, before disappearing, but what did anyone expect from him? That's what he does.

Heskey did what he was supposed to do - be a physical presence up front. Thing is, he's no goal threat - no pace, not a goalscorer. So Capello has to take the blame for playing him alongside a misfiring Rooney - if your Star Striker isn't scoring, you need a Plan B, and Heskey is not and has never been a Plan B when you need goals.

The worst though, the worst culprits, the worst offenders: Rooney, Lampard and Gerrard. Their bloody untouchable status means they can't be dropped, but should be. Misplaced passes, hit-and-hope, the idea that it's all about PASSION and THE SHIRT but bugger all to do with actual footballing ability or nous. Running around a lot and punting the ball aimlessly does not make you world class, and they showed it tonight.

Roll on a new generation of players.

Gerrard's post match statement said it all. To quote a friend: "Gerrard's post-match remark that "this was their World Cup Final" says it all really about the sense of entitlement that these [deleted] carry with them at all times."

I'll agree he looked bothered, in the past so did Phil Neville when they let him out too.

Against the US I'd have given him the man of the match. This game, sorry he looked out of his depth. Once you take away the flick-ons the man has very little to his game. The moment Defoe came on we played in a different way. Then we brought Crouch on and erm, looked more like losing again.

It's horses for courses with Heskey. This was like Shergar running over an hors d'oeuvres.

So basically it isn't Heskey's or Crouch's fault it's just when they're on the pitch the other 10 clowns think we should play long ball and hope they can deal with it. Neither Heskey or Crouch are bad players when its put into feet either. Both offer us the chance to go long but I don't think either really relish it, both look much better with a different style. Heskey likes the channels where he can run at people or the ball into his chest, so he can lay it off and get in the box. Crouch is far better with the ball on the deck. It seems that the second either are on the pitch its all kick and rush crap though, I don't blame either of them for it and I don't for a second believe in the England mob's condemning of him. I seem to remeber Crouch was booed when he was first in the team, Heskey before him, then came back and everyone was raving, now he's the boo boy again. Hargreaves was booed last world cup but became a savious all of a sudden. England fans know :censored: all, but too many buy into the scapegoating before they actually think about the game for themselves.

So basically it isn't Heskey's or Crouch's fault it's just when they're on the pitch the other 10 clowns think we should play long ball and hope they can deal with it. Neither Heskey or Crouch are bad players when its put into feet either. Both offer us the chance to go long but I don't think either really relish it, both look much better with a different style. Heskey likes the channels where he can run at people or the ball into his chest, so he can lay it off and get in the box. Crouch is far better with the ball on the deck. It seems that the second either are on the pitch its all kick and rush crap though, I don't blame either of them for it and I don't for a second believe in the England mob's condemning of him. I seem to remeber Crouch was booed when he was first in the team, Heskey before him, then came back and everyone was raving, now he's the boo boy again. Hargreaves was booed last world cup but became a savious all of a sudden. England fans know :censored: all, but too many buy into the scapegoating before they actually think about the game for themselves.

Of course it's not their fault. I haven't seen either slacking on the pitch which is all you can ask of a player.

However, I think Heskey has a certain type of game he is good for, a more European game (which the USA seem to fit for some reason). When their players can pass a ball we might as well be playing against a spiders web. He'll win the ball, we'll press it, they'll pass round us.

Anything else to offer us? No. Slow, can't shoot, what more is there?

Crouch can shoot at least, But I'm not sure he would have suited this game too much.

As for Slovenia. Heskey. First name on the teamsheet. It suits him into the ground.