World Cup Thread

Nice one (or two) Diego! I feel much better now.

I reckon we're basically set up for knock-out football, which is what Wednesday's match is now. I reckon we'll give Slovenia a good slapping, win the group, and everyone who's clearly lost their minds today will be back on an even strain come Thursday morning. Actually, everyone who's losing their minds today will be losing them again on Thursday, but this time in wild and unrealistic enthusiasm.

I reckon everyone should just calm down a bit. We didn't lose last night, FFS. And a note to the booing fans out there: Just 'cos you pay big money to go and watch the team doesn't mean they're going to win. That is the nature of things. Sorry.

Yes, they are clearly insane going all that way to boo the team.

I just stopped at home and booed the telly.

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FRANCE STRIKER NICOLAS ANELKA SENT HOME FROM WORLD CUP - FRENCHworld cup news

Well, at least one of them may get a heroes welcome. Gives me a chance to tell my France joke though...

Just because we invented football, it doesn't mean we should expect to be the best at it. You don't hear the French complaining that they never win the 100m do you?

Well, at least one of them may get a heroes welcome. Gives me a chance to tell my France joke though...

Just because we invented football, it doesn't mean we should expect to be the best at it. You don't hear the French complaining that they never win the 100m do you?

:lol:

Frank Skinner came up with a good one on Desert Island Discs yesterday. He said: Not a lot of people realise that I've written a Scotland world cup song for when they qualify - it's called Three Games.

I'm still without my laptop, so my appearances on here are infrequent via the public library.

In an effort to lift the gloom caused by England's lack of a scoring front two I submit this picture.

England-Babes-3.jpg

Come on England! :England:

Now that's a front two to be proud of!

at last a great game cameroon v denmark

Both nations certainly shown us how to play. Cameroon may be out but they gave it a go with 23 shots I believe - why can't we do the same ? whilst Denmark shown the team spirit England certainly lack.

Both nations certainly shown us how to play. Cameroon may be out but they gave it a go with 23 shots I believe - why can't we do the same ? whilst Denmark shown the team spirit England certainly lack.

The Danes were very lucky to get away with that; very lucky that Cameroon's finishing was poor and that Rommedahl was allowed to amble into the box so easily for their second.

Can't be arsed Reading the previous 6 pages... But as much as it pains me to say it, Heskey was our best player when he was in the pitch. SWP for Lennon was just pointless. And what the hell has Joe Cole done wrong? Or is he injured?!

We were just shocking, but it's set up nicely for a Mike Basset style assault on the knockout stages after a real shoddy group stage....

Come on u primadonna tossers, start earning that 100k a week.....

Why would it pain you to say it? I'd have thought that someone who has a grudge against the big names might enjoy seeing scapegoats like Heskey outperform them. :unsure:

Just been announced that Crapelow will resign if England lose on Wednesday. And the award for the tell me something I don't know award goes to the FA.

This basically means that even if we go on and win the cup, bear with me, I know that is a big IFx10000000000000 then Fabio will go as there will be some other reason how we won it, the players changed sock supplier or something.

The man is now dead man walking, he might as well just pack his bags and let the over-paid, under-worked, over-hyped, petulant, over-rated, mediocre and intellectually challenged millionaires fart about on their own on Wednesday pointing into space, blaming each other for not tracking the man they have specifically been assigned to mark and generally taking the game we all love to watch down another notch.

Hopefully the one lasting legacy of this world cup will be the end of the hype machine that starting in 1990 when the middle class and the advertisers and the money jumped on it as means of separating the average fan from his hard earned money. I hope an unfashionable side win now and win it playing with a smile on their face and not a scowl as things are going a big boys way.

New Zealand have just shown what would happen if the lower Football Leagues and Blues Square leagues combined and entered a team in the World Cup! Brilliant!

their number 11, bertos, payed for woking and rochdale. hope that doesnt mean ogrady will go and play for england

I don't know what i'm finding it harder to get my head around:New Zealand holding the world champions to a draw, or Chris Killen making it through two consecutive games without picking up an injury. Friday night aside, between this and France's spectacular implosion it's hard to see how the weekend could have been much funnier.

I suppose it should have been obvious that Drogba would come from a whole country of cheats.

A few flashes of what's to come in the knock out stages by the winners though, so I'm happy enough. Shame Kaka won't get the match time he needs for fitness against (Cristiano) Ronaldo's cheats.

Edited by garcon

I suppose it should have been obvious that Drogba would come from a whole country of cheats.

A few flashes of what's to come in the knock out stages by the winners though, so I'm happy enough. Shame Kaka won't get the match time he needs for fitness against (Cristiano) Ronaldo's cheats.

kaita needs banning for that. walked into kaka without looking where he was going. kakas reaction said it all. ref didnt see it, and neither did all of the ivorians that ran after him trying to get kaka sent off.

its the sort of thing you see on them no-win-no-fee adverts 'i wasnt looking where i was going at got a shoulder in the CHEST'

Edited by oafc-latics

kaita needs banning for that. walked into kaka without looking where he was going. kakas reaction said it all. ref didnt see it, and neither did all of the ivorians that ran after him trying to get kaka sent off.

its the sort of thing you see on them no-win-no-fee adverts 'i wasnt looking where i was going at got a shoulder in the CHEST'

After this I have no sympathy:

I thought Kaka deliberately elbowed him.

Not in the face, obviously, and not particularly hard.

But he did commit an offence and it was a bit of a dickheadish thing to do a couple of minutes after picking up a booking.

I think the most Kaka did was brace for the impact, having realising Kaita was about to run straight into him.