World Cup Thread

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the most Kaka did was brace for the impact, having realising Kaita was about to run straight into him.

This would be true if Kaka had not both bent his arm and then moved his elbow backwards into said players chest...

The players reaction to grab is face though was out of order...

Overall, the right decision in my opinion..

This would be true if Kaka had not both bent his arm and then moved his elbow backwards into said players chest...

Completely the wrong decision. Kaka did nowt wrong. In fact, Keita had no reason to run into Kaka, and shouldn't have gone down grabbing his face like he had been shot. He should have got booked for fouling Kaka, and then got booked again for feigning injury! (ok, maybe I am overstating it, but he shout have deffo been booked for feigning injury. And he definitely had no reason to run into Kaka.)

1.) If the ref had given him a straight red (i.e. he considered it violent conduct) then that would have been very harsh. But since he gave him 2 yellows it still seems harsh but it is understandable (in some ways he could have got it for obstruction).

2.) Kaka is now suspended for the last group game, which is meaningless for Brazil. His first yellow card counts for nought (I think) and he is unlikely to pick up 2 yellows before the amnesty (the semis). That means he won't be suspended for their QF- which looks like the Netherlands, who have looked pretty decent. Not to mention the last 16 game which could be Spain. The Brazilians have been known (certainly at club level) to pick up deliberate yellow cards to see them suspended at the right times.

1.) If the ref had given him a straight red (i.e. he considered it violent conduct) then that would have been very harsh. But since he gave him 2 yellows it still seems harsh but it is understandable (in some ways he could have got it for obstruction).

2.) Kaka is now suspended for the last group game, which is meaningless for Brazil. His first yellow card counts for nought (I think) and he is unlikely to pick up 2 yellows before the amnesty (the semis). That means he won't be suspended for their QF- which looks like the Netherlands, who have looked pretty decent. Not to mention the last 16 game which could be Spain. The Brazilians have been known (certainly at club level) to pick up deliberate yellow cards to see them suspended at the right times.

Yup, profession 2nd booking from Kaka.

Why Brazil feel they have to cheat shows how far they have fallen, which just shows how far the whole game has fallen, if Brazil are willing to do all that they can to cheat to win then what hope does the game stand?

Clearly shows the ref asking Fabiano if he handled it, he says no, footage shows he handled it twice before their second. Absolute disgrace. I am sick to the back teeth with football, it isn't the sport I used to know and love. I might as well support a brand of staples.

Yup, profession 2nd booking from Kaka.

Why Brazil feel they have to cheat shows how far they have fallen, which just shows how far the whole game has fallen, if Brazil are willing to do all that they can to cheat to win then what hope does the game stand?

Clearly shows the ref asking Fabiano if he handled it, he says no, footage shows he handled it twice before their second. Absolute disgrace. I am sick to the back teeth with football, it isn't the sport I used to know and love. I might as well support a brand of staples.

Agreed...

Just been announced that Crapelow will resign if England lose on Wednesday. And the award for the tell me something I don't know award goes to the FA.

This basically means that even if we go on and win the cup, bear with me, I know that is a big IFx10000000000000 then Fabio will go as there will be some other reason how we won it, the players changed sock supplier or something.

The man is now dead man walking, he might as well just pack his bags and let the over-paid, under-worked, over-hyped, petulant, over-rated, mediocre and intellectually challenged millionaires fart about on their own on Wednesday pointing into space, blaming each other for not tracking the man they have specifically been assigned to mark and generally taking the game we all love to watch down another notch.

Hopefully the one lasting legacy of this world cup will be the end of the hype machine that starting in 1990 when the middle class and the advertisers and the money jumped on it as means of separating the average fan from his hard earned money. I hope an unfashionable side win now and win it playing with a smile on their face and not a scowl as things are going a big boys way.

Cracking post.

I'm actually quite enjoying this England performance - I believe it's everything we deserve after the ultimate sell out of appointing foreigners into the top job, thus in my opinion devoiding us of all international sporting integrity. Can anybody imagine the Italians, or any other supposedly top footballing nation, appointing foreigners? :petesake:

Give over. My reaction to somebody purposely and unnecessarily charging into me would have at least matched Kaka's, even if I was floating around in a haze of love and ecstasy.

I suppose it is a pansy's game these days however, as silly as it sounds, I'd argue that Kaita struck Kaka with his body. The 'elbow' was self-defence.

Would I of sent him off ? no... Under the current rules / attitude of the game was it a yellow... yes... Without a doubt....

Edited by oafc0000

I suppose it should have been obvious that Drogba would come from a whole country of cheats.

A few flashes of what's to come in the knock out stages by the winners though, so I'm happy enough. Shame Kaka won't get the match time he needs for fitness against (Cristiano) Ronaldo's cheats.

To be honest on this occassion I can't help feeling Brazil reaped what they sewed. Maybe not Kaka specifically, but in the moments leading upto this on more than one occassion the Brazil players were buying freekicks left, right and centre by diving all over the place like they'd been shot. I'm not a fan of diving or cheating in anyway, football's been ruined by it but in this case, Brazil got what they deserved. Just a shame Kaka was the one to take the hit as he had nothing to do with it.

To be honest on this occassion I can't help feeling Brazil reaped what they sewed. Maybe not Kaka specifically, but in the moments leading upto this on more than one occassion the Brazil players were buying freekicks left, right and centre by diving all over the place like they'd been shot. I'm not a fan of diving or cheating in anyway, football's been ruined by it but in this case, Brazil got what they deserved. Just a shame Kaka was the one to take the hit as he had nothing to do with it.

100% agree and Lucio is the worse for diving and feigning injuries. :ranting:

At least somebody agrees with the ref, who didn't see it, and thus flouted the rules of the game in deciding to act anyway. :)

I am just going off the evidence presented by the TV camera. It doesn't lie and shows very clearly the player being elbowed in the chest.

I am just going off the evidence presented by the TV camera. It doesn't lie and shows very clearly the player being elbowed in the chest.

Indeed the elbow touched the chest, so what? All that matters is that Kaka's reaction was natural instinct rather than aggression. Any other viewpoint is, for me, 'wishy washy'.

Lucio's cynical grabbing at Drogba's injured arm was worse.

I anticipate that particular ref wont be needing his kit again this tournament.

Having watched it back it's one of those things that can go either way. Kaka does raise an arm but that's more defensive as it's obvious Kaita intends to run directly into him.

I feel for Kaka as he didn't deserve the red card, but I have no sympathy with Brazil as a whole as it's almost identical to the Rivaldo incident - minor impact with the midrift leads to player going down holding their face.

i've not read the rest of this thread but are you just saying this as a wind up??

if you see someone running into you you raise your arm a bit as a natural reaction which is what Kaka did.

try it.

Two disappointing results against North American and North African opposition. Team in disarray. Struggling for goals. Must win last match. Manager under pressure to change rigid 4-4-2 system that isn't working. Remind you of any film in particular?

'Ladies and gentlemen, England will be playing 4-4-f****g-two.'

Two disappointing results against North American and North African opposition. Team in disarray. Struggling for goals. Must win last match. Manager under pressure to change rigid 4-4-2 system that isn't working. Remind you of any film in particular?

'Ladies and gentlemen, England will be playing 4-4-f****g-two.'

Yes Yes and Yes again although I doubt that reading Rudyard Kipling to the players will help them in this one although its worth a shot.

So first bending your arm and then moving said elbow backwards into a players chest is the way to handle someone who is about to bump into you ?

Because that is EXACTLY what he did...

Would I of sent him off ? no... Under the current rules / attitude of the game was it a yellow... yes... Without a doubt....

So what you are saying is, deliberate elbow is only a yellow card offence?

All Kaka did was brace himself for some idiot about to run into him for no reason.

I can't believe how much complete nonsense there is in this thread.

In particular, the idea Fabiano - when somewhat bizarrely asked by the referee - should have admitted to handball. Can anyone genuinely think of a single player who would do that? You're living in fantasy land.

And the idea that Kaka, having seen Keita running straight at him, should do nothing whatsoever and risk being hurt? Keita shouldn;t even have been on the pitch by then anyway; Ivory Coast's performance in the last 15-20 minutes is what was disgraceful - deliberate dangerous tackles intended to injure players, and then simulation to get one sent off.

I'm not going to claim that this - or any other - Brazil side is entirely innocent. The repeated rolling around in apparent agony is downright embarrassing sometimes, especially from the world's best defender. But this notion that it was Brazil that were somehow the disgrace last night is laughable.