So what's your excuse for not attending next season?

What's stopping you from attending next season?  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Select your excuse

• The cost
    • The Broadway Stand Demolition
    • The smoking ban
    • Boredom (same teams year in year out)
    • We're shite!
    • Mates have stopped going
    • Other commitments
    • I'm going to Eastlands £££££££
    • Poor facilities/Catering
    • Lack of Atmosphere
    • Unimaginative Management Team
    • Another Reason - Please Post what
    • Rolling excuse that changes week to week but I reserve the right to criticise anything and everything about the club
    • We're DOOMED!!!!! DOOMED I TELLS YER!!!!!!!!

Derek you lost interest when you got married, don't make excuses.

Whoever you are, keep on thinking that because you really like posting it.

Meanwhile in the real world, I have had 2 season tickets since I got married, and the reasons (not excuses) above are still valid.

Derek.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Completely disillusioned with the whole thing.

It's boring, the grounds is a wreck, the facilities are on a par with said wrecked ground, the atmosphere is bad and at times downright nasty, the football (said in the loosest sense of the word) is shockingly poor, the players don't look like they give a toss; the fans are treated like moronic cash cows, forever being asked to dig deeper and on and on and on.

I will do a couple of home games and a couple of aways, but that'll be it for me.

Derek.

Whilst I totally agree, continental shifts made my choice for me.

I can't vote on this, I'm afraid. As an exile of over 45 years, visits to BP have always been severely restricted, but away games are a must this side of Birmingham. I reckon there's about 14 of them this coming season. I will still get to BP when I can, depending on my wife's health and the availability of care, which we can normally get for the shorter away trips.

What I don't understand is folk not going THIS season because the football was crap LAST season. A new management team (where IS Taggart?) and, hopefully, one or two new signings need some support to show that the fanbase is behind them, rather than waiting to see how results go. It's at times like this that I wish I still lived in Royton.

Derek you lost interest when you got married, don't make excuses.

More likely to have been a form of fatigue after putting a lot (too much?) into things. Dirk's a latic through and through, but sometimes if you want something too much and can't get it, it can burn things out. Just my take, might be wrong, sorry Dirk if it is.

I'm not even sure this thread makes much sense anyway (sorry prozac....) - it's effectively calling out people who stopped going. Now, I've called out people who have announced that they aren't going anymore, but that's a different thing, but now it's encouragement we need.

It's an odd situation, but familiar in many ways, we have a chairman who people have reservations about (haven't we always had that?), people who "own" (currently in tangential ways) but no-one is sure of their motives (same as 30 years ago).

The only constant is that we all support latics. It will always be that way. We will never all agree on the motives and methods of whomever the owners might be, even if we all were the owners (as a "trust" -not the current one, a theoretical one- probably the worst thing that could happen). For now we should just accept that we have different views, but concentrate on our common aim(s?). Latics' survival. And maybe even Latics' successes, one day.

Mrs Anchor and myself both had season tickets for the first time last season (what a great one to pick! :blush: ). But we won't be renewing this year because our first child is due at the end of September, and our priorities (mainly financial, but time as well) are going to change. I'm hoping to get to some games though, and maybe bring a new Latic in 3 or 4 years time!

Mrs Anchor and myself both had season tickets for the first time last season (what a great one to pick! :blush: ). But we won't be renewing this year because our first child is due at the end of September, and our priorities (mainly financial, but time as well) are going to change. I'm hoping to get to some games though, and maybe bring a new Latic in 3 or 4 years time!

Alan reads these boards you know.

No excuse from me. Season ticket last season. Renewed the day before Penney was sacked for this season. They're my club, no matter how :censored:. And there is no pattern of how we do from one season to the next, so there's a 'lottery' style chance for excitement. :grin:

However, I have been to fewer away matches over the last couple of seasons due to there being fewer Beardy buses, and there being no trains running in Oldham. That doesn't affect latics' coffers (but might reduce the number of away fans attending BP, which does).

Can we have an option for 'no excuse, i have renewed and will be there'

Ni, because we're trying to find out why people are staying away. We know that 2,000 have renewed or bought for the first time etc... so the issue is those that haven't renewed/will not be coming.

Perhaps we could change the wording from excuse and change it to reason...

I can't afford to go to every game anyways due to me being a student, but if Latics had a bit more of a friendlier policy towards people in my position like other clubs then I would be able go to get to more games. (please no boneheaded uneducated Daily Mail reading response about how all students are lazy, like what normally happens when I explain my situation on here)

I can't afford to go to every game anyways due to me being a student, but if Latics had a bit more of a friendlier policy towards people in my position like other clubs then I would be able go to get to more games. (please no boneheaded uneducated Daily Mail reading response about how all students are lazy, like what normally happens when I explain my situation on here)

What do other clubs do that's "friendlier" ?

Latics have a student scheme don't they?

£18/20 is alot for league 1 football. Especially when half the games are boring as f*ck and you wonder why you even bothered to leave the pub. So i'll be picking and choosing games to go and see us play against teams that will if anything have a bit of an atmosphere/banter and a big away followings. Let's be honest. Teams that bring 150 fans such as Brentford, Exeter, MK, etc are hardly appealing to watch us against. Sat in silence.

I'd rather do the away games. I've already booked my hotel for Peterborough away - I wont have any temptation to watch us play them at Boundary Park. I'd much rather miss three home games and do one away with that cash on a mini bus with mates.

Plus i'm moving into an apartment in September not too far from Eastlands so priority of my money earnt will go on that rather than football.

That and it's :censored:e and money i'd rather put to other things.

£18/20 is alot for league 1 football. Especially when half the games are boring and you wonder why you even bothered to leave the pub. So i'll be picking and choosing games to go and see us play against teams that will if anything have a bit of an atmosphere/banter and a big away followings. Let's be honest. Teams that bring 150 fans such as Brentford, Exeter, MK, etc are hardly appealing to watch us against. Sat in silence.

I'd rather do the away games. I've already booked my hotel for Peterborough away - I wont have any temptation to watch us play them at Boundary Park. I'd much rather miss three home games and do one away with that cash on a mini bus with mates.

Plus i'm moving into an apartment in September not too far from Eastlands so priority of my money earnt will go on that rather than football.

£18/20 is alot for league 1 football. Especially when half the games are boring as f*ck and you wonder why you even bothered to leave the pub. So i'll be picking and choosing games to go and see us play against teams that will if anything have a bit of an atmosphere/banter and a big away followings. Let's be honest. Teams that bring 150 fans such as Brentford, Exeter, MK, etc are hardly appealing to watch us against. Sat in silence.

Bet you have enough money to watch Rochdale though.

At the end of the day, their my local team, born in oldham, forever oldham. No matter how bad/good we are. I will always support Oldham and always attend. Keep the faith.

i will be picking and choosing games again as i cant afford season ticket at present...

last season didnt exactly inspire me to want to return,however with the the new man in charge and a few decent players coming in no doubt it will change,for the better.

i have started to convert my daughter into a tic,she likes coming along with the lad,no doubt the more successful and better football we produce the more games i will attend....and i think that will be the same for a lot of people this season....3 seasons of underachieving with shez and last seasons disgracefull attempt has lost us thousands of fans,take a good season decent football to bring em back