Matchday Tuckshop & Sweets

Just to let you all know and especially those who take kids to the games, a Tuck shop selling sweets, drinks and novelty items will be on sale on matchdays in both the chaddy end and RRE.

Working with the Boundary Blues and the Community Trust, Trust Oldham noticed that a revenue stream that helped support the Boundary Blues was missing, given that the Lookers stand doesnt exist anymore.

So at Half Time there will be a chance for EVERYONE to buy some sweets and nibbles from the Tuck shop, items that are not catered for on matchdays by the club.

To have a look at some of the sweets that will be available have a look at this link Happy Sweet Shop if you wish to order anything by post from this site look here for a discount voucher code

more to follow

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

An excellent idea.

Don't drink at home games, so a bit of blackcurrant and liquorice would be very nice. Not seen anyone else doing this in away ends, I would think it'd be a hit with the kids (straightforward bribery to go to football).

If nothing else, it is worth a go.

Awww are you serving Richie?? :wink:

No, I only do dinner parties as the Naked Butler :sick01::wink:

It is something that kids have missed and I would expect a few of the adults to be looking forward too...

If people want to have a look on the site and post what kind of sweets they would think of buying on match days, post on this thread and uncle Richard will see what he can do ! :grin:

No, I only do dinner parties as the Naked Butler :sick01::wink:

It is something that kids have missed and I would expect a few of the adults to be looking forward too...

If people want to have a look on the site and post what kind of sweets they would think of buying on match days, post on this thread and uncle Richard will see what he can do ! :grin:

Dark horse hey?

Can we have cola bottles and flying saucers please?

It's a great idea.

At least when we bring little Reece along to his first match something like that will stave off his boredom :grin:

Excellent Idea. As long as they don't charge a fortune. Can't believe a packet of crisps is £1 at latics!

£1?! I got charged 60p on Monday night for a packet of S&V for my little 'un.

Mind you, £1.60 for a bottle of Diet Coke? Youch!!

£1?! I got charged 60p on Monday night for a packet of S&V for my little 'un.

Mind you, £1.60 for a bottle of Diet Coke? Youch!!

Yeah, i was gutted. Maybe i got ripped off or they have changed the prices. Dont trust some of those scallywags.

We won't be charging a fortune!

For comparison, when we had a tuck shop in the Lookers a few years ago, the prices were as follows:-

Mars 40p

Twix 40p

Chomp 15p

Small bags of Haribo 10p

Lollies / drumstick lollies 5p

Small bottles of lemonade/orange 20p

:-)

I'm disgusted. Children shouldn't be scoffing sweets, and laden-with-fat foods. It should be fresh fruit, not sweets. No wonder we're going downhill rapidly.

There will be fruit based items for sale. Maybe, for example, pear drops, apple and strawberry flavour lollies, rhubarb and custards, vimto etc. :tongue1:

As the tuck shops don't yet exist I would think that if anyone wanted 'healthy' options including then nows the time to mention it.

But there's nothing wrong with everything in moderation.

There will be a large range of old favourites such as Liq+Blackcurrant, Uncle Joes, Pear Drops, Rhubarb and Custard, Sarsaparilla Drops and lots of others (hopefully Rushtons), so please do mention anything you may be after via this thread and I'll do my best to include. So there should be plenty to keep the big kids happy.

If this gets off to a good start then it will raise much needed funds for Boundary Blues work, and perhaps bring a few happy faces to the terraces (irrespective of what's happening on the pitch!!).

As the tuck shops don't yet exist I would think that if anyone wanted 'healthy' options including then nows the time to mention it.

But there's nothing wrong with everything in moderation.

There will be a large range of old favourites such as Liq+Blackcurrant, Uncle Joes, Pear Drops, Rhubarb and Custard, Sarsaparilla Drops and lots of others (hopefully Rushtons), so please do mention anything you may be after via this thread and I'll do my best to include. So there should be plenty to keep the big kids happy.

If this gets off to a good start then it will raise much needed funds for Boundary Blues work, and perhaps bring a few happy faces to the terraces (irrespective of what's happening on the pitch!!).

Ah, good man :)

This is a superb idea. Sweet = kids = adults = ££££, I just hope I can find someone to pop over for me from the main stand.

The Drumstick lollipop is a must

Damn right. Shame that you lose a tooth with every third one but what can you do? They can shove those Floral Gums they, they were like Teddy Bears flavoured with bleach.

I see they have Halal giant strawberries too, an ideal snack for Max Damage after he's wolfrd down his bacon-free KFC.