Barry Owen's Open Letter To The Fans

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:blink:

Brassbank don't own the ground ? Blitz owns it personally ? That would be very strange... Are you sure about that ?

Where was this written ? Who confirmed this ?

Brassbank is dormant as per companies house website, someone else said that they have no assets. I did ask the question who actually owns the ground when LL and LC visited the club but didn't get an answer. However they did say the ground wasn't owned by the club but Barry Owen's letter confirms "Simon Blitz remains the owner of the club together with all the land" though I can't say how he actually owns it, or whether its through another business. As far as I am aware there never has been confirmation how the land is owned (i.e. if SB owns it through a business or not) but I am 95% sure that its not brassbank. Though if anyone else can confirm that a dormant business can own assets, then perhaps I am wrong.

Edited by jimsleftfoot

This badly worded letter sums up the club in last seasons depressed mode.

Could have been worded far differently in an upbeat attitude but still got the same message across.

It does nothing but sow more seeds of doubt into peoples mind and should never have been posted.

The vast majority of Latics fans know the financial situation at the club and it needs to be more upbeat about the way it portrays the club.

PD goes out and persuades players to sign with a vision of the future for the club , then the trust representative spills out this poor effort in basically saying that if we are not successful this season then it could be curtains.

Just hope PD's attitude rubs off onto everyone including those above !!!!!!!

Brassbank is dormant as per companies house website, someone else said that they have no assets. I did ask the question who actually owns the ground when LL and LC visited the club but didn't get an answer. However they did say the ground wasn't owned by the club but Barry Owen's letter confirms "Simon Blitz remains the owner of the club together with all the land" though I can't say how he actually owns it, or whether its through another business. As far as I am aware there never has been confirmation how the land is owned (i.e. if SB owns it through a business or not) but I am 95% sure that its not brassbank. Though if anyone else can confirm that a dormant business can own assets, then perhaps I am wrong.

All I do know is its 2010... Seven years after they bought the club and the fans are STILL confused and conflicted over the simplest of matters...

Blitz own Brassbank and OAFC so the statement he owns the club and the ground could be the same thing... aka he dosen't personally own it but owns it via a LTD etc...

Who knows... Maybe the trust can clear it up...

Words fail me right now with the negative approach to that so called "open letter to the fans". The only serious suggestion I could make to that club right now is get someone in to do the PR because some of these letters and statements do nothing but make people even more confused about the clubs current situation. I think most people are behind Simon's attempts to keep the club going and i'm right behind the side (given recent signings which i've been very impressed with) this season but letters like that do nothing but inflame the situation. I'm not having a pop at Barry as I don't know him or the work he does for the club but everytime he opens his mouth with one of these statements/releases it seems to confuse a situation that right now doesn't need confusing.

For me it seems clear that we are no immediate danger of going in to administration this season and if we don't find new investment/Micah Richards sale/Cup runs then the cloth will be cut accordingly for next season meaning the budget will be reduced once again inline with what we can afford. If that means reducing the budget massively then thats what will have to happen.

All I do know is its 2010... Seven years after they bought the club and the fans are STILL confused and conflicted over the simplest of matters...

Blitz own Brassbank and OAFC so the statement he owns the club and the ground could be the same thing... aka he dosen't personally own it but owns it via a LTD etc...

Who knows... Maybe the trust can clear it up...

There's a lot more information on the 'Boundary Park' thread on the Trust Forum on this site. Sorry, but I'm not sure how to put the link in.

Mr Owen, for a change why don't ....YOU, get real.??? :lol:

Your statements do nothing at all to elleviate fans fears, in fact they make us more worried than ever. :ranting:

So what do you want? A series of meaningless platitudes that give you the impression everything will be alright?

For once, I'll defend Barry for telling it how it is - as far as he is able/willing to. Looks to me like he HAS got real, as ever it's a significant proportion of the fans who haven't.

Guest Scratch2000uk
For once, I'll defend Barry for telling it how it is - as far as he is able/willing to. Looks to me like he HAS got real, as ever it's a significant proportion of the fans who haven't.

WOW, Garcon you needed Barry Owen to spell it out for you,.??? :grin:

Has it not been blatently obvious something wasn't right at the club for months.?

Keep up. :huh:

WOW, Garcon you needed Barry Owen to spell it out for you,.??? :grin:

Has it not been blatently obvious something wasn't right at the club for months.?

Keep up. :huh:

:lol::unsure:

You miss my point. I really, REALLY didn't need Barry to spell it out. Check my history and you'll see my metamorphosis from happy clapper to doom and gloomer happened over a period roughly 18 months to two years ago.

However, reading Barry's letter it struck me that he's doing his best to lay the cards on the table, to tell it how it is. If I'm honest I half expected him to feed us with a series of baseless platitudes about how things will be fine. Clearly he understands the plight the club is in and is trying to get that across to the fans.

It's not me who needs to keep up. As it turns out, it's not Barry who needs to keep up either. It's those fans for whom the penny hasn't yet dropped, those who clearly don't understand how deep the abyss is that we're desperately clinging to the edge of.

I am not suggest that Garcon and myself will now be on each others Christmas card list but I do thank him for his support and observations on this one.

He is absolutely spot on.

I am merely telling you all as it is. I know a lot of people would prefer to keep their heads in the sand but that serves no purpose.

There is little point you having a representative who merely glossses over the issues without keeping you in the real picture.

I am not suggesting the club will fold or anything like that but a lot of hard work and investment is necessary as we move on. I just want the fans to realise this and be part of anything we try and do to help our club.

Sorry if the truth hurts.

Barry

Guest Scratch2000uk
It's not me who needs to keep up. As it turns out, it's not Barry who needs to keep up either. It's those fans for whom the penny hasn't yet dropped, those who clearly don't understand how deep the abyss is that we're desperately clinging to the edge of.

Chairman of OAFC resigns, can't be much clearer than that, can it? :grin:

Not seen many posts on here from fans ignorance, regarding Oldhams plight TBH. :wink:

:lol::unsure:

You miss my point. I really, REALLY didn't need Barry to spell it out. Check my history and you'll see my metamorphosis from happy clapper to doom and gloomer happened over a period roughly 18 months to two years ago.

However, reading Barry's letter it struck me that he's doing his best to lay the cards on the table, to tell it how it is. If I'm honest I half expected him to feed us with a series of baseless platitudes about how things will be fine. Clearly he understands the plight the club is in and is trying to get that across to the fans.

To be fair garcon, who hasn't the penney dropped for... I think we all known the club is well and truly in the :censored:...

Unless someone can make a noise of at least around 20 or so million it isn't looking good

Not really a big fan of this letter to be honest, not because I feel that Barry should have sugar-coated anything but because I cannot help but get a sense that Barry and the board are a bit cheesed off with the fans and lay most of the blame at their door. One of those moments where you say, "look, I don't mean to have a go but..." when you are fully intending to have a go.

The reasons Latics are in this mess are manifold and are not unique to us as a club by any stretch of the imagination. What I want to know moving forward is whether there are options or is it Failsworth or bust? It seems to me that the ground and its value is the only thing that has kept the club as a viable concern - rather than putting out letters that seem to suggest that a wise Trust has now sadly had to spread the unpalatable truth to a surly and ungrateful group of fans, would now not be a great time to be getting word from the horse's mouth as to what is going to happen to BP?

Are we tenants paying rent? Is the land now being seen as an asset for Simon Blitz to sell to recoup losses, or would he be willing to sell it at the purchased value to allow someone else to attempt to run the club? Ultimately, now is the time for Barry Owen to give us his opinion on the board without fear or favour - have we just been asset-stripped and are we now looking at the end-game of a group of business men who always had the intention of holding the club for a period of time before trying to make a profit and getting out? Or are we looking at the sad end of a group who had the best interests of the club at heart but just couldn't get it all to work, and who have had to walk away with teary eyes but vowing that if someone else can pick up the torch then they will not stand in their way?

Are we tenants paying rent? Is the land now being seen as an asset for Simon Blitz to sell to recoup losses, or would he be willing to sell it at the purchased value to allow someone else to attempt to run the club?

Yup these are important questions...

I did ask the question who actually owns the ground when LL and LC visited the club but didn't get an answer.Though if anyone else can confirm that a dormant business can own assets, then perhaps I am wrong.

Yes, we hoped to get onto that side of things but by and large didn't. Certainly the angle we were given was that until planning was approved they didn't really have a sodding thing to report to anybody about what was going to happen. Blitz did float a couple of ideas about how fans could raise money to buy part of the land at a new ground and thus give us a strong toe-hold against any future owners trying to do the dirty, but IMO he was talking about sums that we wouldn't have come close to raising (ie more than we got together in the Dark Days).

As far as I am aware there never has been confirmation how the land is owned (i.e. if SB owns it through a business or not) but I am 95% sure that its not brassbank. Though if anyone else can confirm that a dormant business can own assets, then perhaps I am wrong.

I won't swear to it but I think dormant companies can hold assets - if L & E is around he will know. I'm not sure it matters anyway, one way or another the whole lot, assets and debts, is owned by Simon Blitz and Danny Gazal.

Obviously ghost written.

There's not a spelling mistake or a lolololololo in there.

:wink:

Derek.

How times change Derek. Did not note any sarcasm when you were helped with the retun of your seaaon ticket a number of years ago.

Hope you are well. Your Trust days are well behind you

Barry

How times change Derek. Did not note any sarcasm when you were helped with the retun of your seaaon ticket a number of years ago.

Barry

Barry any chance in clearing up who owns the ground... Brassbank or a individual... Cheers...

Will we be paying rent ?

Or maybe one of the over hundred questions recently put forward on here...

Might be a tad more constructive...

Edited by oafc0000

Thanks for your query which I will try to answer within the knowledge I hold. I believe that Brassbank was initially set up by the owners to incorporated all the land assets. The football club stands as a seperate company as you know.

I do not believe for one minute that Simon B. will do anything that jeopardises the future of the club. When people talk about him calling his debt in, he would be taking action against himself and his own assets. That would make no sense as you know.

The question of rent has never arisen, again he is the majority shareholder and it makes no sense to suggest there is a rent issue. Obviously if the shares changed hands that might be an issue that came into play for any new owner of THE FOOTBALL CLUB.

As I see it at the moment, because of the new ground,Simon will probably retain all his ownership of assets in Brassbank. It makes no sense for him to do otherwise given that he is committed to seeing the new ground through and in any event the price of land is such that he may not wish to lose on his asset.

Hope this helps you

Barry

Barry

Indeed they are Barry.

Very well thanks for asking.

Derek.

Edit: Q.E.D.

Edited by DerekWilson_1968