lets ban farting as well

We had a number of fan fests here in Manchester for the England games which went off without a major problem.

Do you think the fact they didn't sell alcohol might of had something to do with that ?

There was no restrictions on alcohol in the fans fests or stadiums in SA...

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Minor incidents will always occur when a large group gathers. There may even have been a couple of incidents at a fan park in the utopia that is South Africa that you didn't see.

Other than an incident of over crowding at the concert before the start of the world cup I didn't hear about any trouble... Oh apparently there was a bit of tension for the SA vs Mexico when people got turned away but didn't hear about any arrests etc/// And the meida where ready and waiting to jump on any incident...

They have been banned for the wrong reasons. Ban them because we shouldn't need to use an instrument from another countries footballing culture to build our atmosphere. Vuvus and African football seem suited with their flair-tastic football. Vuvus and League One hoofball don't seem to match.

If i was sat in the stands at latics and someone blew one of those trumpets down my ear, i think it would become inserted into the first available orifice.

This is why a English World Cup would be :censored:... The English are as tolerant as a Lion in the Zebra enclosure..... :D

Edited by oafc0000

Other than an incident of over crowding at the concert before the start of the world cup I didn't hear about any trouble... Oh apparently there was a bit of tension for the SA vs Mexico when people got turned away but didn't hear about any arrests etc/// And the meida where ready and waiting to jump on any incident...

I accept that England most definitely has it's problems, but you really are painting one of the worlds most troubled countries out to be some sort of Mecca. :lol:

I accept that England most definitely has it's problems, but you really are painting one of the worlds most troubled countries out to be some sort of Mecca. :lol:

Comparing what I was told would happen before I went against the realities of being there, I found a very different country... and that included a visit to the townships...

I am telling you like it was...

This is why a English World Cup would be :censored:... The English are as tolerant as a Lion in the Zebra enclosure..... :D

I don't think you can beat good old fashioned chanting and roaring your team on.........something that's admittingly been in short supply at latics for ages now.

Remember the atmosphere we created at goodison park......now that was awesome!

I don't think you can beat good old fashioned chanting and roaring your team on.........something that's admittingly been in short supply at latics for ages now.

Remember the atmosphere we created at goodison park......now that was awesome!

I won't disagree... Just think the vuvus are being unfairly represented :)

Well I actually saw them first hand and saw at least 70% of the crowd blowing them all through games and having a great time.

I would admit though that the miserable sodding English though where moaning about them when I dared to venture down to the Waterfront. I went in a English style pub, serving beers we get over here, and food we get other here, and meet a lot of pissed up English fans downing beers, insulting the foreigners, singing there horrible songs and generally keeping themselves to themselves besides the odd :censored:ty comment. I finished my beer and headed away from the area as quick as possible.

I really hope we never get a World Cup.

Funny enough though, there where plenty of English fans blowing them at the England vs USA game...

Didn't have them at our last World Cup and everything went OK.