Inception

Ackey

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh. My. God.

It's almost impossible to talk about without spoilers, but if you were in any doubt as to if you should see this or not then go. Go now.

AGREE 1000%!!! Watched it last night on IMAX.

Bleeping amazing! (and that's swearing for you!) :lol:

Definately go and see it, but DONT BELIEVE THE HYPE!!

This is going to be quite brief as not to spoil anything.

***spoilers may happen - I'll try my best, but you have been warned****

Its very clever, multi-layered, but for me I just didn't care about the central characters enough - everything came together too well. For example, He was not going to take the job then without thinking - bang he's took it. (Yes I noticed he said "are you willing to take a leap of faith").

There are more examples of this kind of thing, but thats just the one that stood out.

It was a good film, with plenty to think about, but - Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind is similar and has much more charm about it.

its good to see a big blockbuster not resort to being completely about the special effects though - i.e.Avatar.

Edited by pukka

I don't know if you're being sarcastic, but aside from Tron2 I've never been more excited about a film than I am Toy Story 3.

I can't effing wait. It's going to be well weapon.

A recent scientific study showed that anyone who doesn't like Toy Story will eventually (if they haven't already) eat their own family.

I tried to get to see it at glastonbury on the thursday afternoon. They had the british premiere there. It was the only thing open and we couldn't get in cos it was full.

I have to go to see it but... I'm a single bloke. I cant go on my own I will look like a paedo.

I tried to get to see it at glastonbury on the thursday afternoon. They had the british premiere there. It was the only thing open and we couldn't get in cos it was full.

I have to go to see it but... I'm a single bloke. I cant go on my own I will look like a paedo.

Mandate that badboy. You, a mate. Popcorn and fizzy pop. The conclusion to the greatest trilogy of all time.

Can't go wrong.

Rodriguez's Predators looks the candy. I will watch and I will fanboy it up like a fanboy on the most fanboyest day of his life, with an electrified fanboy machine.

The AvP shootoffs were rubbish, they don't exist in the Predator or Alien timeline in my opinion...

Rodriguez's Predators looks the candy. I will watch and I will fanboy it up like a fanboy on the most fanboyest day of his life, with an electrified fanboy machine.

The AvP shootoffs were rubbish, they don't exist in the Predator or Alien timeline in my opinion...

Preditors is on my list but will have to wait for financial improvement. Inception, Toy Story and Tron were always going on the Credit Card. Can't resist any of them.

Just buy a Buzz Lightyear suit and go in that.

Toy Story 3 is going to take a huge steaming turd all over inception.

Watched Toy Story 3 in 3D last night. Fantastic finish to the story. And a nice attempt at hispanic inclusion (diversity?) by Disney... :lol:

Oh. My. God.

It's almost impossible to talk about without spoilers, but if you were in any doubt as to if you should see this or not then go. Go now.

I have never, ever seen a film like it, I can't describe how good Inception is. I just can't...

just got in from the 18:00 showing at the Odeon....

Very Matrix genre, complex yet tangible....

Personally thought it was slow at the begining and the ending was Predictable... although it was a good film.

Fizzy Vimto and Haribo (sour) ... cracking accompaniment for any film :wink:

just got in from the 18:00 showing at the Odeon....

Very Matrix genre, complex yet tangible....

Personally thought it was slow at the begining and the ending was Predictable... although it was a good film.

Fizzy Vimto and Haribo (sour) ... cracking accompaniment for any film :wink:

Urrgh, did someone mention The Matrix? I HATE that film.

It had a Wachowski feel about it, with some of the special effects...

The only part I can think of that remotely resembled the train wreck of a franchise that was Matrix, is the fight in the corridor. However, the Inception version was live action, and not CGI - the whole set was on a zero gravity gimbal and rotated and moved to simulate the gravity shift from the van.

Joseph Gordon-Levitt on th zero-G gimbal structure:

It was a little painful occasionally but no more than just playing a hard game of football or whatever… American football, that is. Honestly, it was just about as much fun as I’ve ever had on a set. I felt like a little kid playing in the backyard, playing pretend but it was actually really happening. I love the fact it wasn’t done in front of a green screen because that really would be just playing pretend. But because he had built these enormous contraptions and various devices and techniques, the floor really was spinning out from under my feet and I really was 10 storeys up in the air with nothing beneath me.

It's a million times better than Matrix. Which was :censored:e anyway, and hasn't aged very well at all...

It's a million times better than Matrix. Which was :censored:e anyway, and hasn't aged very well at all...

It has aged awfully, hasn't it? I watched it a couple of weeks ago and it was dire. I liked the first one first time round too.

However, one concern is the obvious plans for a sequel and as the Matrix showed when you set the premise of 'anything is possible' in a film you quickly lose the need to tell a good story and instead just circle jerk over how fancy it looks.

The only part I can think of that remotely resembled the train wreck of a franchise that was Matrix, is the fight in the corridor.

Are you forgetting the bit in Matrix where everyone lived in a dream world/computer programme.

Edited by wardlelatic