32 members have voted

1. 1. Take a guess

• Blackburn
    • Newcastle
    • Lashers
    • Everton
    • Sunderland
    • West Ham

a few of us were discussing this at the game i kept saying rather optimistically that surely dickov was just seeing what the other young lads could do as he knows what eaves is capable of. or he dint want him to get a knock. but it does seem strange that last pre season match and he doesnt get a minute after scoring a hat trick in his last game

a few of us were discussing this at the game i kept saying rather optimistically that surely dickov was just seeing what the other young lads could do as he knows what eaves is capable of. or he dint want him to get a knock. but it does seem strange that last pre season match and he doesnt get a minute after scoring a hat trick in his last game

I suppose it is a choice of

a) He's being sold

B) Resting him ready for Trannies game

c) Dropping him to stop him getting all Bill Big B******s

d) Keep him from all the attention of the scouts

Let's hope it is b, and d

Edited by singe

Has to be that he's going?

Why else not give him a half, he aint Rooney, so if we're resting him whatever, why did Hazell, Brill, Stephens and the rest play. Its pre season if he's staying, no reason not to give him a half and improve his sharpness.

Just shouts that he didn't play to protect him from injury because he's off in my opinion, surely?

Has to be that he's going?

Why else not give him a half, he aint Rooney, so if we're resting him whatever, why did Hazell, Brill, Stephens and the rest play. Its pre season if he's staying, no reason not to give him a half and improve his sharpness.

Just shouts that he didn't play to protect him from injury because he's off in my opinion, surely?

so many drama queens on here these days...if people are so bloody good at reading into things how come nobodys won the lottery yet???

he shown what he can do in training and wednesday,feeney injured,brooke injured,abbott gobe...he is being protected for next weeks big kick off..end of

so many drama queens on here these days...if people are so bloody good at reading into things how come nobodys won the lottery yet???

he shown what he can do in training and wednesday,feeney injured,brooke injured,abbott gobe...he is being protected for next weeks big kick off..end of

bang on.

No always the case, Abbott was in squad on Tuesday but was in talks to leave, same could be said about Eaves

Tonights Blackpool gazette says that they still want him buy, and I quote, competetion for him is fierce and the price is going up all the time.

With Eaves not coming on is that a sign he will be sold next week or we protecting him for Tranny????

Think its more good thinking by Dickov.

Created interest with his Hat-trick midweek, Cue premierleague clubs sending their scouts. I imagine he left him out to have him ready for Tranmere but also so the scouts go back to base with nothing to report meaning a reduced liklehood of further attention/bids before the season starts.

It would be great to keep Eaves as he has the potential to do very well. It's always satisfying to see youth team players come up through the ranks and be successful but a player who has the potential to score 20 goals a season? Well, that's on another level altogether.

I think one thing's for sure, whether Eaves stays or goes, he's going to have a big impact on our season.

Think its more good thinking by Dickov.

Created interest with his Hat-trick midweek, Cue premierleague clubs sending their scouts. I imagine he left him out to have him ready for Tranmere but also so the scouts go back to base with nothing to report meaning a reduced liklehood of further attention/bids before the season starts.

I think this notion of Latics discouraging bids for their players is absolute nonsense.