Bids Accepted for Eaves.

Blackpool table £250,000 bid for Oldham Athletic striker Tom Eaves - report

29 Jul 2010 15:27:00

Blackpool have reportedly tabled a bid for Oldham Athletic striker Tom Eaves, according to Sky Sports News.

The teenage striker only broke into the Oldham side last season but impressed many onlookers with a series of assured performances.

He had already started to attract attention from Premier League clubs before a stunning performance in a pre-season game against Bolton Wanderers on Wednesday night.

Eaves stepped off the substitutes' bench to score a hat-trick in his side's 3-0 victory over the Premier League side.

Blackpool have reportedly bid of £250,000, which could rise to as much as £1 million with add-ons, as they look to strengthen ahead of their debut season in the Premier League.

But the bid could trigger others to follow suit, with Bolton, Tottenham Hotspur and Fulham also reportedly keen.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nice thread you saved under your post :grin: and tom is staying he told me he doesnt want to sit on a bench at a premi league club.

RA has spoken.

Maybe we could sell him (Eaves that is, not RA!), and then he could be loaned back to us for the season?

:grin:

At the game today I was told that the club have accepted bids from 3 Prem teams. They have been left to fight it out between them who wants him the most !!

Let the bidding war commence :wink:

Good fee for him plus a lot of add ons.

Also found out we will be bringing in a strong fast striker this week. Someone who currently plays his football in the North East. <_<

Who told you? Some other bloke who made it up because Eaves wasn't brought on or do you have a credible source?

At the game today I was told that the club have accepted bids from 3 Prem teams. They have been left to fight it out between them who wants him the most !!

Let the bidding war commence :wink:

Good fee for him plus a lot of add ons.

Also found out we will be bringing in a strong fast striker this week. Someone who currently plays his football in the North East. <_<

if we have already accepted the an offer, how can there be a bidding war?

and what? 3 clubs all offered identical fees

Edited by palmer1

If that's the case it would be the wage offers going up, not the bid?

The way I see it, the club has put a minimum price tag on Eaves' head, say £500k. This is the trigger point for him being allowed to leave.

3 teams are willing to pay that but a higher bid would put them in pole position, provided of course Eaves wanted to join them.

I can see us holding out for the largest up-front fee possible as this way, Blitz and Gazal can probably take some on account. Add-ons are of no real use to either of them now to be frank (cough... Micah Richards...cough).

I really can't see the lad joining Blackpool if there are other Premiership teams interested. They're a Championship side at best and I doubt very much that Eaves will get a sniff of playing until after they're relegated.

If 3 clubs match a minimum price tag (just say 500k) it makes no difference what so ever if another club comes in with a 750k offer. The 4 clubs will all be allowed to talk to eaves and offer terms.

If anything it means the clubs offering the minimum amout would be able to pay more in agents fee's and wages, giving them the advantage. The only bidding war would benefit Tom and his agent, not the club.

If 3 clubs match a minimum price tag (just say 500k) it makes no difference what so ever if another club comes in with a 750k offer. The 4 clubs will all be allowed to talk to eaves and offer terms.

If anything it means the clubs offering the minimum amout would be able to pay more in agents fee's and wages, giving them the advantage. The only bidding war would benefit Tom and his agent, not the club.

Sky Sports is reporting that Blackburn have put in an increased bid for an unamed striker.

I guess the squad for Saturday, normally announced on Thursday will be telling. If no news by then, of course.

i'll be waiting for the team news then, maybe he will be included in the travelling squad and may not play, the best option for him is to stay and play regular football

but everyone know's OAFC can do with the money.

like i said he wont go for £250,000 if we rejected £200,000 from blackpool. £500,000 is more likely.

To be honest I think the whole thing is paper talk. There is interest and there may have been a bid made by someone but I don't think anything has been accepted or even close to accepted.

I reckon he will stay.

End of last season Newcastle and West Ham were sniffing around him according to various reports, but he wanted a 5 year deal with us, no one else. He didnt want a 2 year, but a 5 year contract. Shows he wants to be here.