Rod MacDonald has Signed

Like Rubes and Gregan?

Yeah, someone with similar experience to them, mate.

When Rubes us guaranteed a place he can get complacent. He's better when he's fighting for his spot. And I doubt we'll get as much out of Gregan as we did last season, especially if his injuries flare up. So yeah, a 3rd experienced centre back vying for a place would be very good for the squad.

Yeah, someone with similar experience to them, mate.

When Rubes us guaranteed a place he can get complacent. He's better when he's fighting for his spot. And I doubt we'll get as much out of Gregan as we did last season, especially if his injuries flare up. So yeah, a 3rd experienced centre back vying for a place would be very good for the squad.

Jason Jarrett is experienced in terms of being around the game for a while; and has a decent amount of career games under his belt BUT not as a Centre Back. He can draw on his experience gained from a career playing as a CM; but the reality is it’s a totally different position.

This lad is a mere pup without a competitive league game under his belt; so our 2 back-up CB’s are pretty darn inexperienced to be honest. If Greegs or Reuben gets injured; we’re into the unknown.

For me we’re still light in what was a problem position last season – IMO we need another ‘seasoned pro’; Stam is a decent example – someone in the 25-29 years age bracket with decent number of 1st team games under their belt. Not sure we’d get that in a season long loan deal.

Anyways; welcome on-board Rod; here’s to a productive spell at BP………….

Jason Jarrett is experienced in terms of being around the game for a while; and has a decent amount of career games under his belt BUT not as a Centre Back. He can draw on his experience gained from a career playing as a CM; but the reality is it’s a totally different position.

For me we’re still light in what was a problem position last season – IMO we need another ‘seasoned pro’; Stam is a decent example – someone in the 25-29 years age bracket with decent number of 1st team games under their belt. Not sure we’d get that in a season long loan deal.

Hasn't Gregan played the majority of his career in midfield? It worked for him!