"Oldham aren't going to challenge for Promotion"

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

me thinks something needs to be pinned to the dressing room door

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...nty/8914637.stm

I'm not getting overexcited but I love the siege mentality I'm sensing at the club atm

It was a very poor interview. He's an old mate of PD's and some good grace with a compliment to Latics would have been nice. "They're not Huddersfield and they're not going to get promoted" really stuck in my craw.

I know it's early days, but let's see where we are come May and whether Mr Short's team is above or below us - if he's still got a job, that is.

We probably wont, but in the interview, doesn't he sound a right knob.... :grin:

how many times does he mention "we made them look like Real Madrid?"

he probably is right but I'm rather enjoying the fact that people are putting us down because it gives us nothing to lose

What is it with opposition managers being right :censored: at the moment?

They've been to the Sir A F School of Tool, which gives you a list of reasons why you didn't win, ranging from "the referee was crap", "the linesmen were crap", "the grass was too green", "the crowd was too noisy", "the colour of our shirts was wrong" (that's a true one!) or anything else you can think of including "we weren't good enough" but never, never, ever, praise the other team.

We probably wont, but in the interview, doesn't he sound a right knob.... :grin:

He has always been a right knob, I remember when he played for Derby when we were in the Prem........ we played them in the FA Cup at BP and in the last minute he made some apparent racist comment to Darren Beckford who broke his jaw with a right hook and instantly got sent off! :lol:

me thinks something needs to be pinned to the dressing room door

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...nty/8914637.stm

I'm not getting overexcited but I love the siege mentality I'm sensing at the club atm

What a complete bell end :ranting:

I'd rather stick this on the dressing room wall, it's about us and what's happening within our club :grin:

http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/page/NewsU...2123353,00.html

Certain managers speak crap when there under pressure as Short is at the min. We had it with Penney last season with the 'couldn't give a monkeys' line which basically ended any chance he had with the fans. Ronnie came out with the classic 'we should be coming to places like this and winning' - against that seasons champions.

Basically they will try and show everyone and anyone who will listen that they have the authority and ability to sort it out, in 2 of the 3 examples they failed and i'll guarentee it will be 3 by some point before xmas.

I'm not really bothered what Short, Notts fans or anyone else from another club thinks about us. as long as we can see the commitment and improvement i'll be my own judge.

What a tosser.

He says they've got a team of experienced championship level players, yesterday i think they looked very out of their depth! They're going to struggle.

Huddersfield are a very good team, i agree with him there, but Mr Short who is top of the league?, who beat Tranmere & You lot? US! so at the moment we are a better team.

Edited by Latics_Fanatic

Hang on, just because we've beaten two sides in the opening two games doesn't mean we will be fighting punch for punch for a promotion spot. Especially when those wins have come against clubs I expect will be bottom half at best. He's right, we won't be fighting for promotion this season. It might not sound nice, but we've not proved nothing yet.

If we beat Sheffield Wednesday, Udders and Southampton this season I may change this tack.