Lewis to Wigan/Sheff Wed

Just been told directly of a source very close to Lewis, that both Wigan and Sheff Wed are lining up a move for him, looks like another young prospect is going...

Assuming this is correct, I will be well peeved! :ranting: Already sold Abbott and Eaves. If true, the club will never get another penny off me.

Edited by laticsmad

Assuming this is correct, I will be well peeved! :ranting: Already sold Abbott and Eaves. If true, the club will never get another penny off me.

likewise, lewi looks s**t hot at the moment!! he deffo keeping taylor on the bench and its gotta take somthing to that!!

Personally, I am not saying it won't happen, but i think you are getting a bit ahead of yourself there.

I mean prior to August, how ridiculous would it have sound to say I won't give another penny if we sell Lewis Alexandra?

I'd be disappointed, seing as he has had a couple (note) of good games now, but really, refusing to go?

As long as Paul Dickov is involved in any decision. Leiw may want to stay and learn from PD anyway.

It says they are lining up bids, thats all.

I posted something pre-season about a few clubs interested in Lewi.

Martinez rates him, and watched him (or had him watched) all pre-season. He was sat next to Tony P at one game and spent the whole time chatting to him about Lewi.

Personally, I am not saying it won't happen, but i think you are getting a bit ahead of yourself there.

I mean prior to August, how ridiculous would it have sound to say I won't give another penny if we sell Lewis Alexandra?

I'd be disappointed, seing as he has had a couple (note) of good games now, but really, refusing to go?

As long as Paul Dickov is involved in any decision. Leiw may want to stay and learn from PD anyway.

It says they are lining up bids, thats all.

I would be peeved if Lewis was allowed to go as i rate him very highly but as for the other two who have already departed i was never a big fan of Pawel anyway, Eaves has potential but had done nothing for us all to get upset at us losing him for. We recieved in access of 300k for a lad who hadnt scored a league goal in 16 part games.

he's playing well but I'd still snap their hands off if truesome awful spelling in this thread btw :grin:

Indeed.

Player in good form attracting interest shocker! :shock::wink:

You know what; as well as he’s started this season in a new position – and as well he played in fits & starts under Shez when he first broke into the side; if a bid of any note came in for him I’d sell. He ‘s in his last year of contract, he’s hardly been a first team regular and we have Taylor approaching full fitness to slot straight in on the left if Lewi were to go in the next few weeks.

As much as I’ve been impressed with him so far; every player is a saleable asset – if his money can be put into the playing squad for wages, transfer fee or loan then so be it. If it’s an offer that isn’t a derisory ‘peanuts’ type, I’d be more than tempted to sell IMO.

:censored: it, let's just sell all our promising young players for peanuts. A bit of cash is obviously more important than having a successful team to watch.

One unsubstantiated post, not to be found in any media outlets, with no mention of any figures or concrete evidence appears on here and all of a sudden the kid's on his way already. :petesake: Shall we just wait and see if anything happens before we get the knives out? Or is this a case of we're all being :hooked: ?

Not that I believe this story but any fee for Lewi = SELL SELL SELL.

He's really not that good, he's destined for non league. He's started putting in some effort but he just lacks the ability. We've established he's not a striker and with Taylor and to a lesser extent Smalley coming back Lewi will lose his place on the wing.

I just hope Dickov can get Taylor and Smalley to put in the effort that he's got Lewi playing with.