Stephens signing joy

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My god, it's almost as if the club knows what it's doing...

Only five posts before it's turned into a downer??

I know it really depends on your tone, ironic or sarcastic, aimed at the club or at the knockers, but let's hope this news for once cannot be detracted from, it really is great news.

Only five posts before it's turned into a downer??

I know it really depends on your tone, ironic or sarcastic, aimed at the club or at the knockers, but let's hope this news for once cannot be detracted from, it really is great news.

Tom Eaves signed a five-year contract in May... :wink:

Tom Eaves signed a five-year contract in May... :wink:

Yes, and Stephens may very well end up going, even maybe soon. At the end of the day, we are STILL a small club struggling to survive in the shadows of far larger outfits, in an industry where, as in most others. where rules.

I was hoping that Just for a brief moment in our dreary existences we might just bask in some very welcme news and not look to use it as a stick to beat the club with, deserved or not.

Maybe I just need to retire off back to HappyClappyLand! :grin:

That is really good news, top work OAFC and good on you Dale for committing to us by signing on the dotted line.

Worst case scenario; it gives us a bit of leverage in January if some clubs come in for in; with him being on a long (ish) contract.

Reward for some excellent performances from Feb onwards & great to have our (current) best player tied up on a new contract.

Today is a good news day with that!!

One thing to temper the joy/cheer is that we do not know (and rightly so) what clauses are in that there contract. Any player with their head screwed on will have minimum release, bigger club... clauses. The game is certainly a business these days but at least we should get cash for Dale when he moves.

Great news about Dale. Also shows the club/owners are looking to the future.

Key signing for the future.

you do know clubs will come knocking for him, lets see how ambitious the club is, need to keep the best players here, and build a squad to achieve promotion

you do know clubs will come knocking for him, lets see how ambitious the club is, need to keep the best players here, and build a squad to achieve promotion

Well if they want him they'll have to put a serious offer in for him now. Even with this there's no guarantees, Hughes had clauses in his contract but he still went for free.

We either have Dale for at least 3 more years or we get a transfer fee for him. Can't see any downside to that.