Dickov wants a PLAYER and he NEEDS Fans to Help.

Personally, I think they have some nerve to come out and ask for fans to pay for a player.

I wouldn't appreciate being asked regardless who was in charge, but coming from the lot who are running the show (I don't even know who's doing what these days) who clearly have given up their interest in the club, well it really irritated me reading that off the back of the Chron.

To start with, we're scammed £20 to watch a League One side. It doesn't matter which club it is and it doesn't matter how nice and pretty the football is to watch, no club in this division should demand that to get into the ground. Secondly, they're playing a very dirty trick by appealing to football fans in this way. A lot of our fans - in fact fans of all clubs - show some real passion coming out in the snow and clearing the pitch, digging deep when the club is in real financial trouble. We're idiots in our support. We don't think we are, but traveling here and there when the football's rubbish etc when it's just a club. Obviously, none of us think of it that way because we love the club; love is blind, and all that.

So basically, the club know people are going to come out and help this player share idea. Afterall, the club are really being affected by the recession, and we're all walking about with loaded pockets.

I'm totally against the idea.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally, I think they have some nerve to come out and ask for fans to pay for a player.

I wouldn't appreciate being asked regardless who was in charge, but coming from the lot who are running the show (I don't even know who's doing what these days) who clearly have given up their interest in the club, well it really irritated me reading that off the back of the Chron.

To start with, we're scammed £20 to watch a League One side. It doesn't matter which club it is and it doesn't matter how nice and pretty the football is to watch, no club in this division should demand that to get into the ground. Secondly, they're playing a very dirty trick by appealing to football fans in this way. A lot of our fans - in fact fans of all clubs - show some real passion coming out in the snow and clearing the pitch, digging deep when the club is in real financial trouble. We're idiots in our support. We don't think we are, but traveling here and there when the football's rubbish etc when it's just a club. Obviously, none of us think of it that way because we love the club; love is blind, and all that.

So basically, the club know people are going to come out and help this player share idea. Afterall, the club are really being affected by the recession, and we're all walking about with loaded pockets.

Corney and the like have been ploughing millions into the club for the last seven years and continue to do so week after week just to keep the club going,.....I don't think it unreasonable that the trust have asked the fans if they would consider offering some sort of financial support in the hope it may make a difference to the playing side and help get us out of this boring division we have been in for the last 16 years.

Money is tight at the moment so not everyone like yourself will welcome this move, however, to some fans this club is their life and if they can help in any way possible I'm sure they will!!

If you're against the idea then you don't contribute....it's really pretty simple.

Knowone is being forced to contribute are they so saying its a very dirty trick is way OTT whats your idea of how to raise money have you got a better one?

Edited by GlossopLatic

Blitz and Gazal have been ploughing millions into the club for the last seven years and continue to do so week after week just to keep the club going,.....I don't think it unreasonable that the trust have asked the fans if they would consider offering some sort of financial support in the hope it may make a difference to the playing side and help get us out of this boring division we have been in for the last 16 years.

Money is tight at the moment so not everyone like yourself will welcome this move, however, to some fans this club is their life and if they can help in any way possible I'm sure they will!!

If you're against the idea then you don't contribute....it's really pretty simple.

FIFY

You're somehow under the impression that the club have set up this scheme?

:rolleyes:

Dickov is making a very tough decision for himself here, the last thing he wants is to take the fans money and it going to waste, afterall, compared to most clubs we don't have the fans to lose, i trust Dickov though, and i think Rodrigue is an exceptional player and worth the money. Aslong as he's a regular. Keiran Lee can't play every match. So thumbs up in my opinion.

Dickov is making a very tough decision for himself here, the last thing he wants is to take the fans money and it going to waste, afterall, compared to most clubs we don't have the fans to lose, i trust Dickov though, and i think Rodrigue is an exceptional player and worth the money. Aslong as he's a regular. Keiran Lee can't play every match. So thumbs up in my opinion.

And can fans contribute to signing the French trialist who excelled against Manchester United last night ?

What did I misread ? That bits you quoted seem to stack up against what I said ?

Sorry if I am off on a tangent here... Lack of sleep might be mushing my head more than normal :)

Not referring to you misread mate. I was agreeing with you :lol: . Meant Dave.

Can I just ask on what you're basing that assertion on please?

Because all I have to go off is a youtube clip, 15 minutes on Tuesday night and the fact that it appears PD likes him. Have you seen him play week in week out in the Romanian 1st division; and as such are fully able to conclude he is an exceptional player?

Edited by slystallone

so don't join.

and calm down :shock:

Give up crisps - 50p a day = £15 a month.

Don't have that early morning coffee on the way to work - £2 a working day = £40 a month.

Make a sandwich at home instead of buying one at work - £2 a working day = £40 a month.

One less pint a week - £3 a week = £12 a month.

Just some ideas to save a few quid.

Pocket it for yourself, go to a few extra games, save it up for next year's season ticket or bang in it to Playershare.

Here's another:

Cancel SkySports and let YOUR club benefit from the money instead of the Greedy league.

Edited by opinions4u

Your right about saving money, I work nights for Morrisons and used to spend on average £2-£2-50 a night on my lunch at midnight

Now I make up a butty on wholemeal bread, add whatever fruit is left over from the kids packing, drink ice cold water from the vending machine as it costs zilch and take no money to work so I cannot fall into temptation mode in the canteen.

A decent saving i'd say and my belts drawing in a notch or two aswell.....................................HAPPY DAYS!

The player share is admirable and I've said once i'm back in work i'll be contributing. However, what people forget is that the club has made £445K in transfers this summer after the budget had been agreed, I know the Sunderland trainees are on peanuts so how can £400k+ be swallowed up in running costs when a budget had already been agreed. Do we need to buy a new calculator?

Of course the board will contribute to Dikaba's transfer if the fans show willing - there's £400k floating about!

There's a feel good factor around the club at the moment, what we need to be aware of is that we are not being shafted by stealth...there should be greater transparency. The club has not disclosed the fees but ask the right people and you get answers and Sky are way off with the Eaves fee.

We lost hundreds of thousands of pounds into a black hole in the summer of 2003 - we need assurances this is not happening again.

Edited by oafcprozac

The player share is admirable and I've said once i'm back in work i'll be contributing. However, what people forget is that the club has made £445K in transfers this summer after the budget had been agreed, I know the Sunderland trainees are on peanuts so how can £400k+ be swallowed up in running costs when a budget had already been agreed. Do we need to buy a new calculator?

Of course the board will contribute to Dikaba's transfer if the fans show willing - there's £400k floating about!

There's a feel good factor around the club at the moment, what we need to be aware of is that we are not being shafted by stealth...there should be greater transparency. The club is not not disclose the fees but ask the right people and you get answers.

We lost hundreds of thousands of pounds into a black hole in the summer of 2003 - we need assurances this is not happening again.

I don't see why people who aren't contributing to the scheme are complaining or questioning it. If you don't want to contribute then fair enough. No need to be negative about something that can only help the club.

I don't see why people who aren't contributing to the scheme are complaining or questioning it. If you don't want to contribute then fair enough. No need to be negative about something that can only help the club.

"The player share is admirable and I've said once i'm back in work i'll be contributing..."

FFS can't you read? Read the first line of the post! Such head burying in the sand will see the club knackered again come next summer.

Edited by oafcprozac

Whether I contribute to the scheme or not (i contributed to the last scheme and the scoreboard fund and the sponsor a goal scheme, sponsor a seat etc, etc - What happened to that money?) and I have said once me and my family are able to contribute we will - and generously. As it stands I've bought a season ticket, six replica shirts this summer amongst other things... but because i'm asking questions i'm being negative? Nope...

Whether I contribute to the scheme or not (i contributed to the last scheme and the scoreboard fund and the sponsor a goal scheme, sponsor a seat etc, etc - What happened to that money?) and I have said once me and my family are able to contribute we will - and generously. As it stands I've bought a season ticket, six replica shirts this summer amongst other things... but because i'm asking questions i'm being negative? Nope...

I think this is fair comment from someone who's obviously putting in their hard earned into the club and alot more than the likes of myself I might add :blush:

Maybe if they make the scheme more official looking it would attract more in and reassure any doubters, I know everybody concerned wants the best for the club.................................it goes without question!

I think this is fair comment from someone who's obviously putting in their hard earned into the club and alot more than the likes of myself I might add :blush:

Maybe if they make the scheme more official looking it would attract more in and reassure any doubters, I know everybody concerned wants the best for the club.................................it goes without question!

I'm not questioning the Player Share scheme, I believe it's a much better prospect than it's previous incarnation. What I am questioning is how the transfer fees made on the three departures can simply be dismissed as being swallowed up by running costs when it has already been highly publicised that the budget for this year is already in place.

Knowone is being forced to contribute are they so saying its a very dirty trick is way OTT whats your idea of how to raise money have you got a better one?

Where in my post did I say the club are forcing the fans to pay for a player? Same question goes to anyone who seem to think I did.

In my estimation, a club should not splash the cash. It's ruined a EPL. However, at the oppostie end, I don't think a club should be ran by people who haven't got the money to run the club (and I group together those owners who have had enough of putting money into the club)

I could, and have, think of many ideas of earning extra money. It's not very hard, but it's not my job. Sadly, we've got people asking loyal fans for more money rather than getting a few thousand more fans into the ground - but every time they try it, people can't be arsed getting to Boundary Park. That is where I feel for them because not enough are doing enough, instead of a few doing too much.

And for the record, there was nowt OTT!!!!!! rantish about my initial post.

Edited by UpTheLatics