Warren Feeney

a player I've wanted us to sign for years - couldn't believe our luck when we managed to get him from Premiership chasing Cardiff

what a massive, massive disappointment :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

I thought he'd be a good signing too!

He hasn't played much but off what i've seen so far no better than what we already had.

What is it with us and strikers? :angry:

He hasn't played much but off what i've seen so far no better than what we already had.

Nothing! For the most part strikers cost £££. Something that is in short supply at the moment and the forseeable future. :disappointed:

Bring back proper wingers to supply the strikers instead of all the sideways and backwards passing from midfielders and you might see a few more goals.

I'm surprised as PD was a striker himself he can't see this.

Edited by BP1960

Bring back proper wingers to supply the strikers instead of all the sideways and backwards passing from midfielders and you might see a few more goals.

I'm surprised as DP was a striker himself he can't see this.

If we had proper wingers maybe the likes of tounkare wouldn't be out wide so often. surely a big guy like him needs to be in the box nodding them in.

That was last season.. It's PD this time :wink:

I go back further than Bobby Johnstone so I put it down to a senior moment :( ...although both DP and PD seem to be merging now if today's performance is anything to go by. :unsure:

Edited by BP1960

I go back further than Bobby Johnstone so I put it down to a senior moment :(...although both DP and PD seem to be merging now if today's performance is anything to go by. :unsure:

I thought much the same in the 2nd half....the ball was like an hot potato, no real control.

I thought much the same in the 2nd half....the ball was like an hot potato, no real control.

Maybe, but the effort, the desire to win the game both on and off the pitch was there, the not accepting a point and sticking 'big Jean' up front as well was something we definitely would not have seen last year!

Maybe, but the effort, the desire to win the game both on and off the pitch was there, the not accepting a point and sticking 'big Jean' up front as well was something we definitely would not have seen last year!

PS - on the Feeney topic (I knew there was a reason I looked at this thread!)

Delighted when we signed him, I saw a Paul Warne type who would work his knackers off for the cause but that would score more goals than Warney, up to now I agree that he has been a disappointment, however, I am witholding proper judgement at the moment as I would like to see him with a run of 7-10 games in the team with Tounkare (sorry if spelt wrong, it seems to change daily and I can't be bothered checking!!) to have the opportunity to settle into his knew surroundings at BP and strike up a proper understanding with Oumare without constant interruption from NI internationals and niggling injuries.

I fear we may never get it though!

PS - on the Feeney topic (I knew there was a reason I looked at this thread!)

Delighted when we signed him, I saw a Paul Warne type who would work his knackers off for the cause but that would score more goals than Warney, up to now I agree that he has been a disappointment, however, I am witholding proper judgement at the moment as I would like to see him with a run of 7-10 games in the team with Tounkare (sorry if spelt wrong, it seems to change daily and I can't be bothered checking!!) to have the opportunity to settle into his knew surroundings at BP and strike up a proper understanding with Oumare without constant interruption from NI internationals and niggling injuries.

I fear we may never get it though!

why the hell is brooke first choice instead of kelly ,pd if you are not going to play him get another striker, brooke is just a big fat joe's choice,..................

why the hell is brooke first choice instead of kelly ,pd if you are not going to play him get another striker, brooke is just a big fat joe's choice,..................

i agree. if anything brooke was put into the first team too soon because he's not better than anyone else.

vs bournemouth, i thought feeney played well as a holing, link-up striker but not as a scoring striker. he needs a run of games, not interrupted but internationals.

but for the moment, id keep taylor upfront, he played the best he has done this season and liked with tounkara. feeney and kelly will have to work their way back into the team, brooke should be reserve after those two.

To be fair to Brooke, he has just come back from a injury that should of kept him out until at least christmas, and am guessing at the moment he is a bit scared of going where it hurts due to his recent injury, hes not had 45 mins of first team action yet this season.. and he should already be 4th choice striker..

Talk about giving kids a chance..

i agree. if anything brooke was put into the first team too soon because he's not better than anyone else.

vs bournemouth, i thought feeney played well as a holing, link-up striker but not as a scoring striker. he needs a run of games, not interrupted but internationals.

but for the moment, id keep taylor upfront, he played the best he has done this season and liked with tounkara. feeney and kelly will have to work their way back into the team, brooke should be reserve after those two.

Taylor is not a striker and has no idea of where or when he should make his runs...it was a well worked goal but it was on a plate and even Gregan could have put it in!!

Get him on the right wing and tell him to cross the ball from the bye-line and you'll see Tounkara score a hat full....we still have wingers that play as midfielders and the supply to the strikers is non exsistant!!!

I said when he signed I didn't think it was such a great signing

This is something that intrigues me what were people expecting from Feeney I was expecting nothing more than a 10-12 goal a season striker some ididot behind me was convince he was on atleast 2k a week :lol: as if we would be paying people that kind of money in our current situation.

Edited by GlossopLatic

This is something that intrigues me what were people expecting from Feeney I was expecting nothing more than a 10-12 goal a season striker some ididot behind me was convince he was on atleast 2k a week :lol: as if we would be paying people that kind of money in our current situation.

Bloody hell, I wish.

Taylor is not a striker and has no idea of where or when he should make his runs...it was a well worked goal but it was on a plate and even Gregan could have put it in!!

Get him on the right wing and tell him to cross the ball from the bye-line and you'll see Tounkara score a hat full....we still have wingers that play as midfielders and the supply to the strikers is non exsistant!!!

Were you at the game???? Have to disagree about Taylor.

He scored the goal - shortly after had again made the run into the box when Tounkare cut along the goaline and Chris was perfectly placed to put us two up (the big frenchman chose to shoot instead) and then second half he again made a great run into the box and laid it on a plate for Stephens to score (the off-form midfielder blazed high over the bar).

And then took up a great position for Lewi's through ball - one on one with the keeper - great save.

That's four great runs that I can think of!

Scott McGleish (a striker) came on as sub and made the run for the equaliser - same thing really.

Keep CT up front. :wink:

Edited by TheBigDog

Were you at the game???? Have to disagree about Taylor.

He scored the goal - shortly after had again made the run into the box when Tounkare cut along the goaline and Chris was perfectly placed to put us two up (the big frenchman chose to shoot instead) and then second half he again made a great run into the box and laid it on a plate for Stephens to score (the off-form midfielder blazed high over the bar).

And then took up a great position for Lewi's through ball - one on one with the keeper - great save.

That's four great runs that I can think of!

Scott McGleish (a striker) came on as sub and made the run for the equaliser - same thing really.

Keep CT up front. :wink:

+1

I thought he looked dangerous all the time in that position. Our options up front aren't great but Tounkara and Taylor could be the answer.

Not sure what people are expecting from Feeney. He was never going to be knocking loads in and has just come back from serious injury. We knew full well that he was likely to be missing games for international matches when we signed him. It's a problem you have to take (I prefer it to players that cry off who clearly don't care for their country).

BUT, I said at the time it was a waste of money that was very tight. For the type of money we are paying him we could have invested in potential (or slightly above that), which in the end could benefit us more financially.

NB. I think it was Prozac who also made the point that his family is living in Cardiff. It's hard enough to make the transition without going through that long distance crap. Whether that means he will never make the transition fully is a different argument.