Worst Grounds in football

Where does a three sided BP rank?

I think Barnet*, Macclesfield Town, Hereford United, Aldershot*, Accrington Stanley, Hartlepool United, Bristol Rovers and Carlisle United could have arguements about being worse than ours, but I struggle to think beyond those.

More worryingly is half the teams in the Conference/Non-league have better facilities than us now, if not more.

[*] I havent been but from the pictures I've seen.

I think Barnet*, Macclesfield Town, Hereford United, Aldershot*, Accrington Stanley, Hartlepool United, Bristol Rovers and Carlisle United could have arguements about being worse than ours, but I struggle to think beyond those.

More worryingly is half the teams in the Conference/Non-league have better facilities than us now, if not more.

Yeah but all those grounds have speccies on all FOUR sides?

Most grounds in league 1 are similar to our ground amazing even Sheffield Wednesday ran out of food. Also you can't judge on grounds you have not been to.

Aftet visiting Brighton the other week. I definitely think that is the worst in League 1.

Although they are getting a shiny new one so could soon be out of the conversation.

Rotherhams is a bad ground. Milmoor wasn't great but it was a hundred times better than Don Valley (which I have only visited for Sheffield Eagles games, so maybe it is better with a few more in). Although watching the managers walk across the pitch to the dugouts is quite amusing.

I don't rate Spotland at all. It may as well have 3 sides.

Walsall ? Gigg Lane...there are loads as equally :censored:e as ours.

I'd give an arm and a leg for either Gigg Lane or Spotland in excahnge for BP

maybe not the best in terms of facilities but they have a good old school terrace behind one of the goals

Of those still in use that I've been to, I think Hereford probably ranks the worst - especially if there's a prevailing wind from the cattle market... (or was that the home stand? :unsure: )

Macc, Accystan, Hartlepool, Roverrrrs and Carlisle are all pretty grim, but not a great deal better or worse than BP.

Of the "new" grounds, I think Northampton's is the worst - a soulless concrete mess, bit like the town it represents.

The others - Belle Vue, Saltergate, Wembley (yes Wembley) have all been replaced/rebuilt.

I know people are getting bored of others harping on about it, but the state of the ground is a significant factor in the club's slide. As I've said before, it's no coincidence that our home form since as far back as Jan 2008 has been dreadful.

I know people are getting bored of others harping on about it, but the state of the ground is a significant factor in the club's slide. As I've said before, it's no coincidence that our home form since as far back as Jan 2008 has been dreadful.

Our home form has always been fairly poor, even back to the glory days. The odd good season we've had, like the two play-off campaigns, we still lost a fair few home games, usually to opposition we were expected to roll over. At least this season we've managed to avoid any home defeats so far, but I still expect us to finish the season with at least 5 or 6 defeats to our name.

As do Exeter - which is the worst away ground I have been to from a facilities pespective but still had a propoer old school atmosphere.

or Saltergate, one of the most intense atmospheres I've whitnessed in recent seasons was at Rotherham on Boxing Day 2006

I can remember the real glory days. Unbeaten at home for well over a season until those big ugly ****s from Sheffield came over in their dayglo shirts and bludgeoned us 2-0.

2 home league defeats from 14th January 1989-7th September 1991 (32 months - 72 games in League and Cup, only two defeats were v City and Sheff Utd- when we finally lost in our 5th Home Game back in the top-flight v Palace, I walked out of the RRE physically numb with shock. I was that unused to seeing us lose at BP!!!!!

AND unbeaten in ALL Cup games at BP from 29th November 1988 - 3rd October 1995 (27 matches between losing at home to Everton 2-0 in a Littlewoods Cup Replay and losing 3-1 in the 2nd leg of the Coca-Cola Cup v Trannies)

2 home league defeats from 14th January 1989-7th September 1991 (32 months - 72 games in League and Cup, only two defeats were v City and Sheff Utd- when we finally lost in our 5th Home Game back in the top-flight v Palace, I walked out of the RRE physically numb with shock. I was that unused to seeing us lose at BP!!!!!

AND unbeaten in ALL Cup games at BP from 29th November 1988 - 3rd October 1995 (27 matches between losing at home to Everton 2-0 in a Littlewoods Cup Replay and losing 3-1 in the 2nd leg of the Coca-Cola Cup v Trannies)

You forgot the 20th of March 1991, when Hull beat us 2-1 at BP

Edited by rudemedic

Most grounds in league 1 are similar to our ground amazing even Sheffield Wednesday ran out of food. Also you can't judge on grounds you have not been to.

Dont talk about Sheffield Wednesday. What kind of club has pubs around the ground for home fans only, and the decides it isnt selling beer inside. What a disgrace

If we turned the old lookers end (Hypothetically, I know we can't do it) to safe standing then it'd be a top ground.

Apparently, Alan Hardy said we couldn't get permission to get Safe standing in the lookers (f*ck knows why, even Leeds have a standing area).

Leeds is all seater?