You think he was :censored:? If so, you clearly know nothing about football. He was the best player of the time in my opinion, great to watch. He played his part alongside the evolving, emerging United youth that consolidated their dominance of the top tier. Eventually, the team he captained and influenced would go on to win the lot. While he was winning Prem league titles we were in free-fall and looking at spending silly money on players like Matty Rush.

Where did he mention he thought he was :censored:?

All he said was the :censored: hits the fan.. its like when you call someone a little :censored:..

+ he seems to know alot about football..

Also, Zidane was a far better player than Catona, shame Zidane never played in the prem :(

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Coming back on the best foreigner to play in the premiership, that would be his team mate at the Scum from Denmark. Peter Schmeichel. By far the most consistent foreginer that has played in our country.........he was pretty good too!

What about the Man rated by Fergie as his best buy,the one and only Dennis Irwin?

I'm okay. It clearly came across as a dig, but I've always rated Cantona and I thought it was a bit daft to suggest he was rubbish. Thanks for the nod opinions4u. Not looking for a scrap on here! All for one and all that. Sorry to all.

bit late for sorries....DS is crestfallen... :shock:

Coming back on the best foreigner to play in the premiership, that would be his team mate at the Scum from Denmark. Peter Schmeichel. By far the most consistent foreginer that has played in our country.........he was pretty good too!

100% agree. Always said Schmeichel won them more points than any of his team mates! Shame he played the red scum

Also, Zidane was a far better player than Catona, shame Zidane never played in the prem :(

Zidane has a legitimate shout at being called the finest footballer to ever play the game, whereas Cantona doesn't.

Cantona was good. But the Scum have had better foreigners since him, and whilst he was there (Keane, Schmichael, Ronaldo.)

Best foreigner the prem has seen is a tough one. I'd go for Henry as he was exceptional. But Bergkamp, Zola, Ronaldo and Schmichael all have good cases (however I just dont think it would be right to give it to a keeper, no matter how good he was.)

Zidane has a legitimate shout at being called the finest footballer to ever play the game, whereas Cantona doesn't.

Cantona was good. But the Scum have had better foreigners since him, and whilst he was there (Keane, Schmichael, Ronaldo.)

Best foreigner the prem has seen is a tough one. I'd go for Henry as he was exceptional. But Bergkamp, Zola, Ronaldo and Schmichael all have good cases (however I just dont think it would be right to give it to a keeper, no matter how good he was.)

I too would go for Henry...some of his stuff was breathtaking with complete regularity...that goal against the scum will be one of the best ever, the angle, the turn, the shot...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbASd5CU3H8

Special mentions too for Vieira and Anelka in Arsenal shirts. The latter still doing the business in the Prem. Although his counterpart Drogba must be close too! You could say look at the team he has around him, but his all round game and the stuff he does alone, he's fast become one of my favourite players ever in the Premiership.

Klinsman turned his reputation around amongst the vast majority of English fans with his performances at Tottenham. He did very well in his time here. Bergkamp was sublime with control, vision and shear skill. Henry with his pace was unstoppable at times and lets not forget he was a winger when he hit these shores and it was Wenger that converted him to what we now know him as. Zola found his place here at Chelsea and English football as a whole was his stage far more than in Italy. Undoubted ability but not quite at the top table. Cantona at the scum was five times the player he was anywhere else and OT was his stage. He certainly was a talisman there and his personailty and character found it's home. Probably (without checking) won more gongs than the others but that was down to the entire team so I ain't gonna go for Eric. Drogba certainly as a claim due to his goals since arriving here and still scoring, but alas it's to soon for him to claim top spot.

Going for Henry.

Edited by Lags

Klinsman turned his reputation around amongst the vast majority of English fans with his performances at Tottenham. He did very well in his time here. Bergkamp was sublime with control, vision and shear skill. Henry with his pace was unstoppable at times and lets not forget he was a winger when he hit these shores and it was Wenger that converted him to what we now know him as. Zola found his place here at Chelsea and English football as a whole was his stage far more than in Italy. Undoubted ability but not quite at the top table. Cantona at the scum was five times the player he was anywhere else and OT was his stage. He certainly was a talisman there and his personailty and character found it's home. Probably (without checking) won more gongs than the others but that was down to the entire team so I ain't gonna go for Eric. Drogba certainly as a claim due to his goals since arriving here and still scoring, but alas it's to soon for him to claim top spot.

Going for Henry.

Ossie Ardiles - was sublime at a time when very few foriegners plied their trade in the english game.

Best foriegners ever - My top 3.

1.Schemichel - Without doubt the best player in the world in his position. The only one that can claim that without any doubt.

2. Henry - I went to City vs Arsenal in about 2005/6. An absolute masterclass.

3. Bergkamp - Capable of anything. The way arsenal play now is down to his influence. technique

Edited by pukka

Best foriegners ever - My top 3.

1.Schemichel - Without doubt the best player in the world in his position. The only one that can claim that without any doubt.

2. Henry - I went to City vs Arsenal in about 2005/6. An absolute masterclass.

3. Bergkamp - Capable of anything. The way arsenal play now is down to his influence. technique

Ossie Ardiles was one of the best I saw.

Edited by BP1960

I don’t know what your problem is, but I'll bet it's hard to pronounce.

I take that you have never heard the saying ":censored: hits the fan" which means things getting chaotic or uncontrollable. Diego was merely playing on this calling Cantona "the :censored:" referring to Diego's dislike of the red scum barsteward rather than eric's lack of skill. "Hits the fan" in this case refers to the football fan.

Though perhaps I would say the fan is also a :censored: and so perhaps it would be better saying "the :censored: hits the :censored:".

Edited by jimsleftfoot

United would never have won the Champions league with him in the side. They really took off when he left.

Very good player, but if you listen to United fans they put him up there with Zidane, Ronaldo (fat and portugese) and Messi - he was no where near that level.

Although he says that Cantona was a top bloke (the philosophical stuff was just a pisstake) Keane says just this about Cantona in his autobiography. Reckoned he just didn;t get that extra bit of time in the top games that he was able to find in the Premiership with a team built around him. Not close to ZZ, and not for me in the same class as Bergcamp or Zola, or Larsson