Paul Scholes

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hahahahahahahahahaha one of englands greatest ever midfield players and latics fan and you would not have him playing for us , hahahahahahahahahaha complete numpty.

Hes too bloody old......look at how young this team is ? Do we want a player touching 40 like er Windass ?

Hes too bloody old......look at how young this team is ? Do we want a player touching 40 like er Windass ?

The same player Capello begged to come back into the international team.

Do you know owt about football, mentioning Windass in the same breath as Scholes is one of the most odd posts I have read?>

Scholes has been one of the most consistant players in the premier league for the last 15 years or so, He is a great player who is respected throughout the game not just for his performances on the pitch but his behaviour of it. It would be excellent to see him in an Oldham shirt but as a player i guess this will never happen. Scholes will stay at Man Ure until Fergie retires.

• 2 months later...

Holloway: "He is a role model for anyone who wants to play football. He is a joy to watch. In fact, I wish he was 21, then I could see his career all over again."

That's got to be the best way of phrasing praise for a player I've ever read.

I wouldn't want him here. the thought of 100's (or more) united fans turning up for the day and turning it into a carinval turns my stomach - so much so that I couldn't go myself.

Great player - but no thanks.

Come on thats not going to happen though is it.

it would.

Not saying thousands, but I think there would be quite a few - especially at first. A couple a FCUM fans said the same to me. They'd go as a one off. It's patronising more than anything else. It's a personal opinion, not one I expect most to go along with. I'd be gutted.

Carnival wasn't the best word to use though!!

Edited by pukka

it would.

Not saying thousands, but I think there would be quite a few - especially at first. A couple a FCUM fans said the same to me. They'd go as a one off. It's patronising more than anything else. It's a personal opinion, not one I expect most to go along with. I'd be gutted.

I certainly wouldn't go along with it.

I don't care if they're United fans. Lapsed Oldham fans from the Premiership days. The Oldham fans who only go when it's £1 to get in. The ones who only go to Everton.

As far as I'm concerned they are all welcome - whether it be to watch Scholes, Tounkara or feckin Andy Holdsworth.

The more the bleedin' merrier.

it would.

Their wasn't too many city fans lording it up on "city legends day" the ones that did go seemed to keep themselves pretty quiet I would imagine any man yoo or FCUM fans would probably do the same.

Personally If I was Scholes I wouldn't drop down to this level to play for us he would be up against plenty of youngsters only wanting to make a name for themselves and kick a big name up hill and down dale I doubt very much this will ever happen.

I wouldn't want him here. the thought of 100's (or more) united fans turning up for the day and turning it into a carinval turns my stomach - so much so that I couldn't go myself.

The quality of the signing and performance afterwards has lead us to turn a blind eye to the odd grudge before, I reckon we could certainly make an exception for Mr S?

Personally If I was Scholes I wouldn't drop down to this level to play for us he would be up against plenty of youngsters only wanting to make a name for themselves and kick a big name up hill and down dale I doubt very much this will ever happen.

I've said it before, I'll say it again, where does the idea come from that it would be Scholes hiding from the slow clumsy third division midfielders instead of the other way around? Players at the top level are a lot bigger and stronger than those below, especially in the midfield, and he has never looked like he was exactly scare. More likely the first lower level clogger to try it would miss by a mile, and then have his thighs torn off 30 minutes later, and the message would go out.

I am almost beginning to think it might not happen though...

I reckon that Paul is waiting to see if Latics make it into the Championship - if so he will spend a season with us as a swansong before purchasing a season ticket for the new stadium. :wink:

Taggart was just on SSN saying he's yet to sign on for another season with them

when does the transfer window finish? :unsure:

hahahahah....yeah end of season loan....

i have always said he wouldnt drop down to this league,but if we are sucessful in gaining promotion this season i reckon he would come and have a season with us in the championship...