yeovil manager abit harsh !

Must do wonders for a team's morale when a manager publicly makes statements like that! It's a real shame about Stam's injury record as he was twice the CB that Skiverton ever hoped to be.

Stay injury free, Stefan, and find a club that appreciates how good you are. Good luck.

id rather have a fit stefan stam in my defence than a ruben hazell any day

But there's the issue, we've had 3, maybe 4 seasons out of Rubes and I bet he has missed 10 games. In that time he has been one of only two experienced centre backs that the manager could call on.

Stam on the other hand, at times was a delight to watch however he was always a gust of wind away from being missing for two to three months and meaning we had to bring in kids on loan who would get sent off or play like bambi on ice.

At this level we are never going to get a pairing of Baresi and Moore, we are going to get flawed players and have get the best out of them, we don't get anything from a player in the treatment room.

Stam only had to fart and he was out with a groin injury for 6 weeks.

classy player when fit but thats the problem. We would get 20 games a season out of him if we were lucky. clubs our size and yeovil's size with a budget tighter than a camels arse in a sandstorm, cannot afford to carry passengers such as your stams/purdies etc.

Stefan 'goldenboy dont say a bad word about him cause it will cause WW3' Stam got away with being an average lower league defender with a terrible injury record cause he was a nice guy.

Massively over rated IMO.

Edited by Gaz_Oafc

Stefan 'goldenboy dont say a bad word about him cause it will cause WW3' Stam got away with being an average lower league defender with a terrible injury record cause he was a nice guy.

thank god your not manager!

as people have already said on here they would rather have stam in the defence rather than hazell

Harsh fella - I think this is more to the point:

Stam only had to fart and he was out with a groin injury for 6 weeks.

classy player when fit but thats the problem. We would get 20 games a season out of him if we were lucky. clubs our size and yeovil's size with a budget tighter than a camels arse in a sandstorm, cannot afford to carry passengers such as your stams/purdies etc.

I thought, when fit, Stam was cut above L1; and could have played higher. Classy player and a good defender. What made him L1 defender was his terrible injury record & the fact that 1 game in say 5 or 6; he’d drop a clanger that may or may not punished.

If he could get fit & stay fit; I’d say he could reasonably make a claim to get into any side in the division. Something more has to have gone there......though Carl makes a good point above, that a club of Yeovils ilk can’t afford to carry almost permanently injured players.

Skivvers hasn’t covered himself in any glory there though has he? Strange way to keep moral up, by publically slagging & slating a player who is still with the club.Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Edited by slystallone

Sadly, yet another player whose off the field habits are affecting his career.

I don't know about Stams off the field antics but I think he's a quality bloke. Shortly after he left latics for Yeovil I sent him a facebook message, me a complete stranger, and he replied with a thank you and all the best for my future. A nice touch I thought!

I thought, when fit, Stam was cut above L1; and could have played higher. Classy player and a good defender. What made him L1 defender was his terrible injury record & the fact that 1 game in say 5 or 6; he’d drop a clanger that may or may not punished.

If he could get fit & stay fit; I’d say he could reasonably make a claim to get into any side in the division. Something more has to have gone there......though Carl makes a good point above, that a club of Yeovils ilk can’t afford to carry almost permanently injured players.

Skivvers hasn’t covered himself in any glory there though has he? Strange way to keep moral up, by publically slagging & slating a player who is still with the club.Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I suppose it depends if there is an issue that Skiverton needs to make an example of someone, if he thought someone was leading others astray, if he was undermined or if he wants to divert attention from his own shortcomings and struggles-someone to blame if you like.

As is often the case, we may never know

I'd agree with Gaz - if he was called Dave Puddle or Dwayne Trinidad he wouldn't have been described as classy. He could pass well enough, but he played more than enough classy cross-field balls that totally failed to find the target. And didn't have the physique I'd really like in a CB at our level, could be overpowered without having pace to compensate (certainly post injury). But a decent player at our level and I do believe a nice bloke, went out of his way to show his face (in the stands at Blackpool in the play-off, at Ernie's funeral although I don't think they played together etc) and never heard anyone with a bad word to say about him.

And his bird is fit as :censored:.

I'd agree with Gaz - if he was called Dave Puddle or Dwayne Trinidad he wouldn't have been described as classy. He could pass well enough, but he played more than enough classy cross-field balls that totally failed to find the target. And didn't have the physique I'd really like in a CB at our level, could be overpowered without having pace to compensate (certainly post injury). But a decent player at our level and I do believe a nice bloke, went out of his way to show his face (in the stands at Blackpool in the play-off, at Ernie's funeral although I don't think they played together etc) and never heard anyone with a bad word to say about him.

And his bird is fit as :censored:.

Maybe but he hit probably the crossfield ball of the decade right to the onrushing Paul Warne who played a good ball inside for Lidds to ram home (at the second attempt) our second goal v Hartlepool on NYE 2005 - superb ball fully 60-70 yards and that goal turned out to be the winner.

As many have said, he dropped the odd bollock but his biggest problem was getting out on the meadow every week...