"Transfer Watch" Thread

He's on £8,000 a week at Blackpool and Liverpool are reportedly looking at £50k - £60k. That is some pay rise!

Holloway is right though. The offer of £4m is terrible though. If a player is going to be good enough to walk into Liverpools first team they should be paying at least double what they are offering there. But at least it isn't only us that gets our pants pulled down on transfer fees because we're poor.

i was only mentioning loyalty as a whole in football, there is no such thing :unsure:

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Blackpool have some bollocks moaning about the Adams fee, given the "rumoured" figure (Unsurprisingly Undisclosed) they are reported to have paid for Eardley, which if correct was quite frankly a piss take.

Eardley's contract didn't have too long to run so that knocked his transfer fee down (see Pienaar). Also Eardley hadn't established himself into the league that he was going to go into.

Eardley's contract didn't have too long to run so that knocked his transfer fee down (see Pienaar). Also Eardley hadn't established himself into the league that he was going to go into.

True, but still £4million for a quailty player like adam is not enough, i thought blackpool said charlie adam is in contract until 2014, surley that must put the price up a little. if darren bent is worth £24 million then adam got to be worth around the £8 or £9 million surley !

True, but still £4million for a quailty player like adam is not enough, i thought blackpool said charlie adam is in contract until 2014, surley that must put the price up a little. if darren bent is worth £24 million then adam got to be worth around the £8 or £9 million surley !

He's under contract until 2012 he's also a massively over rated lardarse who's quite good at set prices and long diagonal balls. Liverpool are really in the sh*t if they see him as a saviour.

That's what I'd be asking for £8m basic with add ons. £4m is shocking.

He's under contract until 2012 he's also a massively over rated lardarse who's quite good at set prices and long diagonal balls. Liverpool are really in the sh*t if they see him as a saviour.

+1

if he stays where he is , watch him struggle next season with the rest of the pool team

at the moment they are all looking pretty good...it will not last

Bent is worth the £24m though.. only 2 other players have scored more than he has in the last few seasons in the premier league..

For Adam, blackpool should be accepting around a £6m bid, it might all be silly money these days, but no one is going to pay more than £7m/£8m max for him.. he's already earned them millions since he was key in their promotion bid, and want over £10m for him according to Holloway, even tried to not pay him his bonuses he earned.. greedy gits,

I was of that view also until I saw him play for Blackpool against City the other week. Watching him in the flesh, his movement, positioning, compusure on the ball, ability to switch play and his shooting are absolutely unbelievable.

If they sell him, they WILL go down. Not "struggle", not stay up on the last day, not give it a good fist. They will be down, rock bottom of the League and pick up maybe 2/3 points between now and the end of the season.

That is how important he is to them.

I was of that view also until I saw him play for Blackpool against City the other week. Watching him in the flesh, his movement, positioning, compusure on the ball, ability to switch play and his shooting are absolutely unbelievable.

If they sell him, they WILL go down. Not "struggle", not stay up on the last day, not give it a good fist. They will be down, rock bottom of the League and pick up maybe 2/3 points between now and the end of the season.

That is how important he is to them.

agree there, charlie adam is what blackpool need in the premier league, anyone see him against west brom the way he sprayed the ball about with minimum effort.

Your for real ? overrated ? :lol:

Charlie Adam will have to be sold now, his head has been turned and not only did Blackpool try and swindell him out of last seasons promised promotion bonus, they are now trying to scupper his dream move, Greedy Lashers paid 500k for Adam and he has played only 80 odd games for them, if they get 5 million that would be some profit.

Its funny how Holloway accuses managers of trying to snatch his players on the cheap when he has also accused Swindon of overpricing Charlie Austin at over a million.

Charlie Adam will have to be sold now, his head has been turned and not only did Blackpool try and swindell him out of last seasons promised promotion bonus, they are now trying to scupper his dream move, Greedy Lashers paid 500k for Adam and he has played only 80 odd games for them, if they get 5 million that would be some profit.

Its funny how Holloway accuses managers of trying to snatch his players on the cheap when he has also accused Swindon of overpricing Charlie Austin at over a million.

he carnt win can he :lol:

agree there, charlie adam is what blackpool need in the premier league, anyone see him against west brom the way he sprayed the ball about with minimum effort.

That the game the one man team team lost 3-2? :grin:

People forget that Adam had a very indifferent spell only a few weeks back, I don't buy the they'll go down if the sell him bollocks. Like us they're a young hungry team and have a manager that is willing to go for it. The reason there's so many upsets in the cup competitions every year is that the top 5 or 6 Prem teams apart, Prem teams like to play the game at their crap boring, don't lose at all costs pace and tempo. When a team comes out and has a right could go, they can't handle it and it comes as a shock to them, thus Holloway's success this season. Now, IF Holloway goes THEN they'll go down…I maintain Burnley would have stayed up if Coyle had stayed put.

Adam does look decent, but not sure he'll make much of a difference at Liverpool as Gerrard is back this weekend and Lucas and Meireles looked like different players at the weekend - the Portuguese was head and shoulders above anything on the field.

Edited by oafcprozac

That the game the one man team team lost 3-2? :grin:

People forget that Adam had a very indifferent spell only a few weeks back, I don't buy the they'll go down if the sell him bollocks. Like us they're a young hungry team and have a manager that is willing to go for it. The reason there's so many upsets in the cup competitions every year is that the top 5 or 6 Prem teams apart, Prem teams like to play the game at their crap boring, don't lose at all costs pace and tempo. When a team comes out and has a right could go, they can't handle it and it comes as a shock to them, thus Holloway's success this season. Now, IF Holloway goes THEN they'll go down…

Adam does look decent, but not sure he'll make much of a difference at Liverpool as Gerrard is back this weekend and Lucas and Meireles looked like different players at the weekend - the Portuguese was head and shoulders above anything on the field.

so it would be like two steps forward one step back

so it would be like two steps forward one step back

Thing is at Blackpool the entire team is as good as built around him everything goes through him, he takes the corners, the free kicks the penalties and wears the captains armband and he has a manager that gets the best out of him, footballwise the surroundings suit him. Going to Liverpool he isn't going to get that and will have to adapt his game to be more of a cog in the wheel and will have to adapt quick as expectations are much higher. Add in the fact that they will likely get a new manager in the summer who might not take to him footballwise its a risk. Having said that the prospect of his salary being increased to such a significant figure if I was in his position I would take that risk.

The bit I have highlighted is factually wrong.

Blackpool were more than happy to pay the greedy little swine his promotion bonus, which he rightly earned. However they, and IMO fair play to them here, were not prepared to pay him a further bonus for avoiding relegation. Adam took Blackpool to a tribunal for non payment of the "non relegation" bonus.

Most if not all clubs have bonuses written into the players contracts or have to agree them before the start of the season and submit to the league. They cannot then be altered part way through a season unless a new contract has been signed and registered with the league.

Adams argued that as well as earning his promotion bonus he had earned his bonus for helping them avoid relegation. Talk about having your cake and eating it. It has always been a case of if we avoid relegation you get x if we win promotion you'll get y. I believe it has aleways been intended to be an either or situation. Clubs are now reviewing the wording of contacts after the premier league panel sided with Adam.

If I was in Blackpool's shoes I'd make him wait until the end of the season before allowing him to move as it will cost him more in lost higher wages at his new club than he got for his "Non relegation" bonus. The power is still with Blackpool at this point and revenge would be sweet as they are going to lose him anyway.

The bit I have highlighted is factually wrong.

Blackpool were more than happy to pay the greedy little swine his promotion bonus, which he rightly earned. However they, and IMO fair play to them here, were not prepared to pay him a further bonus for avoiding relegation. Adam took Blackpool to a tribunal for non payment of the "non relegation" bonus.

Most if not all clubs have bonuses written into the players contracts or have to agree them before the start of the season and submit to the league. They cannot then be altered part way through a season unless a new contract has been signed and registered with the league.

Adams argued that as well as earning his promotion bonus he had earned his bonus for helping them avoid relegation. Talk about having your cake and eating it. It has always been a case of if we avoid relegation you get x if we win promotion you'll get y. I believe it has aleways been intended to be an either or situation. Clubs are now reviewing the wording of contacts after the premier league panel sided with Adam.

If I was in Blackpool's shoes I'd make him wait until the end of the season before allowing him to move as it will cost him more in lost higher wages at his new club than he got for his "Non relegation" bonus. The power is still with Blackpool at this point and revenge would be sweet as they are going to lose him anyway.

spot on :grin: