Failsworth Stadium Move Blocked

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Who did the club buy the land from? I believe it was the council- please correct me if I'm wrong.

Was it the council's land to sell? This ruling indicates that it perhaps wasn't as it has charity status (something not in dispute).

Unfortunately I don't vote in Oldham, but can I suggest that if you do, at the next opportunity you vote against the incumbent. Oldham council has :censored: this club over far too often, its about time the fans of this club :censored: them over and keep :censored: them over until they actually do something right. I'm not one for political loyalty but I understand some of you are, so I ask what is more important, political loyalty or loyalty to the club? (Obviously I'm aware that for at least one of you the members of the council have a stronger connection that political loyalty).

I'm aware that FL rules prevent us from building in Rochdale (probably quite rightly), but does that apply if only part of the ground is in Rochdale? As whilst my knowledge of precisely where the boundary is will not be as good as most others on here might a feasible plot of land be on the boundary?

Having said that I think part of the reason why Brighton's new ground took so long to build is because it straddles 2 councils and is in an area of (outstanding) natural beauty- which also increased its costs.

Just some pie in the sky thoughts here having read a few others along similar lines.

Could it not be possible to still redevelop most of the Lancaster club site (barring the area where the stadium would be) with entertainment facilites/5 a side footy pitches or whatever might make us money and have that as our sustainable income? Whats the big difference to having a football ground being physically there for it to be apart of our sustainable income?

Then we could either stay at boundary park and still sell off the surrounding area (car park etc) and have more income generating business's, another bunch of 5 a side pitches maybe (If we stay at boundary park maybe allow for the pitches to be used as car park spots on matchdays/during the week for hospital visitors?) or sell it off for redevelopment (houses, cinema etc). Maybe then the money generated from both the Lancaster club being redeveloped along with redevelopment on the BP site could mean the club could find a smaller piece of land where only a stadium is the sole concern which could still have a big main stand with facilities built in (funtion rooms/national gym chain/national hotel chain/restraunt and bar)?

Apologies if this seems a little far fetched (it probably is :grin: ) and has already been discussed ages ago and totally dismissed for some reason or another. Just something ive wondered if we could do.

Who did the club buy the land from? I believe it was the council- please correct me if I'm wrong.

Was it the council's land to sell? This ruling indicates that it perhaps wasn't as it has charity status (something not in dispute).

Unfortunately I don't vote in Oldham, but can I suggest that if you do, at the next opportunity you vote against the incumbent. Oldham council has :censored: this club over far too often, its about time the fans of this club :censored: them over and keep :censored: them over until they actually do something right. I'm not one for political loyalty but I understand some of you are, so I ask what is more important, political loyalty or loyalty to the club? (Obviously I'm aware that for at least one of you the members of the council have a stronger connection that political loyalty).

I'm aware that FL rules prevent us from building in Rochdale (probably quite rightly), but does that apply if only part of the ground is in Rochdale? As whilst my knowledge of precisely where the boundary is will not be as good as most others on here might a feasible plot of land be on the boundary?

Having said that I think part of the reason why Brighton's new ground took so long to build is because it straddles 2 councils and is in an area of (outstanding) natural beauty- which also increased its costs.

Most of the land was purchased from British Aerospace, the disputed land was transferred to the club - I'm assuming on some sort of lease, Im sure we didn't actually purchase that piece of land...

Finally, in terms of what this means for the club's immediate future, I definitely don't see promotion to the Championship as the cure all that others seem to expect. Even with significantly more tv and gate money we would end up deeper in debt if we invested in a squad good enough to possibly stay up.

This...

somewhere along the a627m would be fine i think.border of rochdale/oldham/middleton.....although middleton is under rochdale council....its far enough away from rochdale to not be a problem...

This is exactly why Oldham is the failure it is. The council changing hands every couple of years has led to the town being left behind as every regeneration scheme is cancelled the moment the council changes hands and this WILL happen with Failsworth if Labour get back in no doubt about it - in revenge for the Liberals dumping Sports Park 2000...

The BP redevelopment plans included all the facilities required for those additional revenue streams - hotel, office, conferencing facilities, shop, pub etc. It might take ages or never happen, but let's at least try and have a go at securing the funding for phase one of that - the new main stand on the site of the Lookers. The plans are already there.

You have to wonder how much could of been done at BP with all the money wasted on ferney fields and Failsworth... How much has it cost so far ?

I agree... Forget Failsworth, do up BP the best we can and stop wasting money on lost causes... Failsworth was a :censored: idea from the start anyway...

This is exactly why Oldham is the failure it is. The council changing hands every couple of years has led to the town being left behind as every regeneration scheme is cancelled the moment the council changes hands and this WILL happen with Failsworth if Labour get back in no doubt about it - in revenge for the Liberals dumping Sports Park 2000...

Fair point well made. I don't know much of the details about Sports park 2000, all I knew was that we were going to have a new stadium at the old athletics track but its now a B&Q. I don't know much about the other regeneration projects in Oldham as it never concerned me so it never stuck in my memory.

However, there are more than 2 political parties.

I can't help but :petesake: at Alan Hardys comments in the Chron...

“One thing for certain is the long term future is not really at Boundary Park as it is now.

“But where else is there? Find me a 30 acre site — there isn’t one in Oldham.

You are answering your own questions Alan...

Maybe the club should now put all their efforts in finding partners to start doing up the huge piece of land already in our grasp ? That's if they haven't already sold to much of it off....

Edited by oafc0000

You have to wonder how much could of been done at BP with all the money wasted on ferney fields and Failsworth... How much has it cost so far ?

I agree... Forget Failsworth, do up BP the best we can and stop wasting money on lost causes... Failsworth was a :censored: idea from the start anyway...

so if failsworth does actually happen pending an appeal etc etc etc...you wont be coming..not even if were in the championship....

the money wasted on ferney fields and bp is probably quite small in terms of actually building a stadium or redeveloping bp to some degree...

for what its worth,,the capacity at bp is around the 10k mark....there is no reason why we cant stay put...but look to put infrastucure in other places that will generate the income we need....

develop lancaster club to be a sports area with the pitches 5 a side etc,turn the lancaster club itself into a nice pub resteraunt maybe even attatch a hotel and conferencing suit...

if we get promoted and sustain ourself in the championship,there is no reason why we cant put a tempory stand where the lookers was like blackpool did,to cope with the capacity should we exceed bp....

so if failsworth does actually happen pending an appeal etc etc etc...you wont be coming..not even if were in the championship....

the money wasted on ferney fields and bp is probably quite small in terms of actually building a stadium or redeveloping bp to some degree...

for what its worth,,the capacity at bp is around the 10k mark....there is no reason why we cant stay put...but look to put infrastucure in other places that will generate the income we need....

develop lancaster club to be a sports area with the pitches 5 a side etc,turn the lancaster club itself into a nice pub resteraunt maybe even attatch a hotel and conferencing suit...

if we get promoted and sustain ourself in the championship,there is no reason why we cant put a tempory stand where the lookers was like blackpool did,to cope with the capacity should we exceed bp....

:blink:

I just don't get you... Where did I say I won't be coming in my last post...

Edited by oafc0000

:blink:

I just don't get you... Where did I say I won't be coming in my last post...

it doesnt....but you have indicated in past debates that you are wholey loathe to the idea of failsworth.....

you want bp to be redeveloped to some degree...but you dont go there anymore either....so one would presume you wouldnt go to failsworth..or is that too presumptious..

so ill say it again....if failsworth gets the go ahead after appeals etc etc etc...will you come and watch us again????

it doesnt....

Exactly... So bloody difficult to have a debate with someone who puts words in your mouth etc...

but you have indicated in past debates that you are wholey loathe to the idea of failsworth.....

More absolute bollocks from you... I have been very questioning of the whole scheme but to describe my stance as "wholey laothe to the idea of Failsworth" is another flight of fancy in your empty head! Stop lying!

you want bp to be redeveloped to some degree...but you dont go there anymore either....so one would presume you wouldnt go to failsworth..or is that too presumptious..

It is VERY presumptuous... I won't be going to the football anytime soon... but who knows what the future holds...

so ill say it again....

No.. Last time you stated presumptiious bollocks... and asked nothing...

if failsworth gets the go ahead after appeals etc etc etc...will you come and watch us again????

Ah... A question instead of derailing presumptions!!! Maybe...

Edited by oafc0000

Exactly... So bloody difficult to have a debate with someone who puts words in your mouth etc...

More absolute bollocks from you... I have been very questioning of the whole scheme but to describe my stance as "wholey laothe to the idea of Failsworth" is another flight of fancy in your empty head! Stop lying!

It is VERY presumptuous... I won't be going to the football anytime soon... but who knows what the future holds...

No.. Last time you stated presumptiious bollocks... and asked nothing...

Ah... A question instead of derailing presumptions!!! Maybe...

cut the verbals out eh....nobody is attacking you or anything...just seems funny you dissapear and dont come on here very often,then something like this happens and you rear your head again playing the victim....

and you say ya cant work me out..hahahahah

cut the verbals out eh....nobody is attacking you or anything...just seems funny you dissapear and dont come on here very often,then something like this happens and you rear your head again playing the victim....

and you say ya cant work me out..hahahahah

So no one is attacking me... Then you attack me... :petesake: Just go away Ed and leave this to the adults...

Most important day in the clubs recent history and you question why i have something to say... :petesake:... Your not worth the typing...

Been posting constantly for weeks...

Edited by oafc0000