Failsworth Stadium Move Blocked

Does anyone know if there is anything we can do as supporters at this time?

Build a new stand at BP ... I'm sure between us all we have the skills!

Joking aside this would be great idea, imagine the publicity !! Publicity brings interest in the club, interest brings in £££

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Joking aside this would be great idea, imagine the publicity !! Publicity brings interest in the club, interest brings in £££

I'd take some time off and come and help.

PS I know sod all about building, but woudl lend a hand.

Edited by singe

The BIG SOCIETY and all that :)

Seriously though... There must be a high number of tradesmen who come to BP... Maybe some sort of community build might work :)

Oh hang on... Someone decided to build houses and sell off half the land around ground <_<

Edited by oafc0000

From what Diego says, you've got every right to pursue Oldham council for maladministration. The Audit Commission (soon to be abolished) oversees council financial management and perhaps other aspects of failure. Diego will probably know more about that.

In the meantime, you can get on to your local councillors and council cabinet members past and present and ask them just how the :censored: senior (and extremely well remunerated) executives made such a balls-up of the council submission to the Charity Commission.

The relevant Government Departments are the Department for Communities and Local Government, which is responsible for councils (good luck with that one), and the Cabinet Office, which is responsible for the Charity Commission.

You can also try to get the local MPs interested...

Debbie Abrahams for Oldham East and Saddleworth

Michael Meacher for Oldham West and Royton

...and David Heyes for Ashton-under-Lyne.

I'll try and find some e-mail addresses if anyone thinks it will help.

Get every Latics fan you know to turn up at Boundary Park on Saturday to show that there is still support for a professional club in the town.

Great suggestion. We always have the knockbacks at the worst time.

How many people seeing the 4-0 win, would ahve thought about coming to BP, only to know think twice with this news?

From what Diego says, you've got every right to pursue Oldham council for maladministration. The Audit Commission (soon to be abolished) oversees council financial management and perhaps other aspects of failure. Diego will probably know more about that.

In the meantime, you can get on to your local councillors and council cabinet members past and present and ask them just how the :censored: senior (and extremely well remunerated) executives made such a balls-up of the council submission to the Charity Commission.

The relevant Government Departments are the Department for Communities and Local Government, which is responsible for councils (good luck with that one), and the Cabinet Office, which is responsible for the Charity Commission.

You can also try to get the local MPs interested...

Debbie Abrahams for Oldham East and Saddleworth

Michael Meacher for Oldham West and Royton

...and David Heyes for Ashton-under-Lyne.

I'll try and find some e-mail addresses if anyone thinks it will help.

My MP happens to be Minister of State at the Department for Communities and Local Government, whom I have had a bit of dialogue on other matters pertaining to local councils.

:mmm:

Not suprised in the slightest that the council is at fault for this. They seem to stumble from one c**k up to the next and never get held accountable for anything. Sure enough they get replaced in the (bi?) annual elections they seem to have nowadays only to be replaced by similar f***wits who everyone forgets did a similarily :censored: job last time they were in. The cycle will just continue!!

Anyone up for a mini Egyptian style revolution in Oldham? :grin:

A share with Rochdale feels likely to me going forward... This is just a big mess... Was from the start...

How would people feel about such a thing ?

Weirdly, I'd feel pretty terrible about a groundshare with Rochdale in Rochdale, but less bad about one in Oldham. I don't have any in-built hostility to clubs sharing grounds - it halves costs and brings in twice as much money. It's not ideal, but football finances being what they are, it has to be a serious proposition.

I'm not totally against Tameside, even though it's got an Oldham postcode. But Todmorden has an Oldham postcode, and I won't ever watch any football there.

At the risk of getting banned, I can't for the life of me understand why Spurs and West Ham can't share the Olympic stadium. Neither has a proper emotional attachment to it because it's new.

Not suprised in the slightest that the council is at fault for this. They seem to stumble from one c**k up to the next and never get held accountable for anything. Sure enough they get replaced in the (bi?) annual elections they seem to have nowadays only to be replaced by similar f***wits who everyone forgets did a similarily :censored: job last time they were in. The cycle will just continue!!

Anyone up for a mini Egyptian style revolution in Oldham? :grin:

they tried that , it got penney sacked :lol:

At the risk of getting banned, I can't for the life of me understand why Spurs and West Ham can't share the Olympic stadium. Neither has a proper emotional attachment to it because it's new.

It just comes down to the fans being silly beggars really... The Jets and the Giants "happily" share in the NFL :)

Weirdly, I'd feel pretty terrible about a groundshare with Rochdale in Rochdale, but less bad about one in Oldham. I don't have any in-built hostility to clubs sharing grounds - it halves costs and brings in twice as much money. It's not ideal, but football finances being what they are, it has to be a serious proposition.

I'm not totally against Tameside, even though it's got an Oldham postcode. But Todmorden has an Oldham postcode, and I won't ever watch any football there.

I think it makes total sense... as second to building a new ground / redeveloping BP...

Any where to build in Royton as some sort of neutral zone :)

Edited by oafc0000

Start an OWTB fund to raise money for legal investigation into the councils role in this to establish whether the fans can sue the council. Appoint a committee to represent the fans in the matter (members of OWTB). If it has any chance of getting anywhere contact all major media outlets ie: local-national newspapers, radio, tv etc to get a high profile coverage of the farce.

????

I think it makes total sense... as second to building a new ground / redeveloping BP...

Any where to build in Royton as some sort of neutral zone :)

Im all for a ground share with Rochdale.

Just off the 627M to the right just befor the M62 as you head towards Rochdale would be a perfect place.

Start an OWTB fund to raise money for legal investigation into the councils role in this to establish whether the fans can sue the council. Appoint a committee to represent the fans in the matter (members of OWTB). If it has any chance of getting anywhere contact all major media outlets ie: local-national newspapers, radio, tv etc to get a high profile coverage of the farce.

????

Just spoke to the council regarding some more information on the whole situation, just awaitnig a phone call back as apparently the person who I needed to speak to was on the other line.