Failsworth Stadium Move Blocked

So no one is attacking me... Then you attack me... :petesake: Just go away Ed and leave this to the adults...

Most important day in the clubs recent history and you question why i have something to say... :petesake:... Your not worth the typing...

Been posting constantly for weeks...

put me on ignore then,then you dont have to read the crap i spout....

yes it is an important day....i will tell you whats more impotant as well...everytime we play a home game at bp,now thats important..and deserves more people attending and taking in great games of football....rather than sitting on here sniping now the bad news is being spread....

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

put me on ignore then,then you dont have to read the crap i spout....

yes it is an important day....i will tell you whats more impotant as well...everytime we play a home game at bp,now thats important..and deserves more people attending and taking in great games of football....rather than sitting on here sniping now the bad news is being spread....

But your not attack me right ? :lol:

I think someone forgets when he used to refuse to go to BP yet he came on here parting HIS wisdom... Glass houses ? or short memory ?

THIS is far more important than me turning up on Saturday... Simple maths dictate that...

Edited by oafc0000

But your not attack me right ? :lol:

I think someone forgets when he used to refuse to go to BP yet he came on here parting HIS wisdom... Glass houses ? or short memory ?

THIS is far more important than me turning up on Saturday... Simple maths dictate that...

wrong again sunshine...loss of job and rather eat and pay for my children then spend money on a luxury i couldnt afford..shocking memory you have isnt it...far different from your i dont go anymore because i dont like the experience..you have a choice..i didnt

wrong again sunshine...loss of job and rather eat and pay for my children then spend money on a luxury i couldnt afford..shocking memory you have isnt it...far different from your i dont go anymore because i dont like the experience..you have a choice..i didnt

You seem to live in this day dream land where you was a special case... and I have tons of spare time and cash....

Grow up... Your embarrassing yourself... I think I just heard the Green House window going through :(

Won't happen, his land is worth next to nowt as it's contaminated….

Why would farm land be contaminated - animals graze there? I'm sure there's worse areas for contamination - like a tip for example (i.e. the Lancaster Club site).

heard a week or so ago that the main stand at bp doesnt have long left on its safety certificate either and the club dont think it will get a new one due to asbestos etc.. dunno if this is true but if it is then we are up :censored: creek without a paddle!!!!!!!!!

Blimey, an event that could make the demolition of the Lookers look even more disastrous.

:blink:

why don't the club build the stadium they were going to build on the car park next to BP before turning the current BP into a car park/facilities like a cinema etc.

there are only a few hundred cars in there and finding a temporary car park for a year or two will be easier than finding a new location for the stadium

Why would farm land be contaminated - animals graze there? I'm sure there's worse areas for contamination - like a tip for example (i.e. the Lancaster Club site).

Not always been farm land apparently, I think it some of it has been used for landfill or summat like that. I was told a while back...

Most of the land was purchased from British Aerospace, the disputed land was transferred to the club - I'm assuming on some sort of lease, Im sure we didn't actually purchase that piece of land...

Does this mean we have bought some land which is useless?

Not always been farm land apparently, I think it some of it has been used for landfill or summat like that. I was told a while back...

Land Contamination is a very complicated process and the tests that need to be done if there is a possible issue with contamination can get very expensive. TBH even if it was just farm land it still might be an issue because of all the bacteria that live in animal excrement. There is a reason why farm trips by youngsters are becoming less popular, a farm trip was the route cause for a serious outbreak of E-coli which I think killed at least one youngster (about 5 yo).

I actually think this is perhaps our best way forward. The charity status of the land is not in doubt but is this connected to the allotments? As allotments are possibly the worse thing to have if there is an issue of land contamination, if the allotments need to be closed down because of a land contamination issue, then they are going to be biting our hands off to swap the land, charity commission say so or not.

Guest Scratch2000uk

Council should sack parker and the fat lad. :ranting:

What about the land behind rifle range/ ferhurst mill.?

What about the land that will be available when counthill/breeze hill merge into the waterhead academy.?

What about wellyhole street/ manor flats.

What about the site where Ikea wanted to build (matalan, bensons beds retail park )

What about the land behind rifle range/ ferhurst mill.? - not sure

What about the land that will be available when counthill/breeze hill merge into the waterhead academy.? - traffic issues

What about wellyhole street/ manor flats. - traffic issues again

What about the site where Ikea wanted to build (matalan, bensons beds retail park ) - not big enough

Guest Scratch2000uk

There's a fair bit of land behind the retail park, and that grade two listed building could be used for something im sure. :grin:

Edited by Scratch2000uk

What about the land behind rifle range/ ferhurst mill.?

What about the land that will be available when counthill/breeze hill merge into the waterhead academy.?

What about wellyhole street/ manor flats.

What about the site where Ikea wanted to build (matalan, bensons beds retail park )

I heard a rumour (literally nothing more than two blokes telling me in a pub in Failsworth - therefore probably rubbish) about 6 months ago that planning permission had been sought for this area. It is however an eyesore and a sad example of how Oldham has been left to decline post-riots by the private and public sectors alike, and unlike Failsworth, actually requires redevelopment.

Suffice to say, its typical of one of the unluckiest football clubs in the country that these off the field events have taken the shine off the most optmistic performances in a long time.

Edited by slurms mckenzie

Since I was at the launch for this Unique Stand I've always thought the BP location would be an ideal location to have such a set up for arena gigs, exhibitions etc. Forget the housing.

that looks great, and is the sort of thing that could make our stadium better than others.

wouldnt work in oldham though, there's the MEN arena and middleton arena nearby that both do the same things and it's bound to cost loads of money

Anyway, so we movin to failsworth or not?

Yes! There will need to be a resubmission on the proposal of transfer of land to the Charities Commission. Not ideal and will take more time but ultimately they have not given an outright No... Just a No based on the information they were given. Hiopefully the Council will take on baord the feedback from the CC and undertake a more robust and transparent process next time.

Reading between the lines the door is not closed yet.

Look at Brighton and how look it took there ground plans to develop. Slightly different case but shows with perseverance what can be acheived!

Since I was at the launch for this Unique Stand I've always thought the BP location would be an ideal location to have such a set up for arena gigs, exhibitions etc. Forget the housing.

That's brilliant and looking at their news tab it appears Burnley are having one.

I'd love to hear from Baz whether TTA have ever considered such a venture, as as you say it seems ideal.

The CC's decision:

Following a thorough review of all the material submitted to us we have reached the decision that we are unable to authorise the Council to proceed. This is because, on the basis of the information provided to us we are unable to conclude that the proposal is expedient in the interests of the charity. We are required to reach this conclusion before we can agree to, and authorise, the proposal to exchange the land in question. I have set out below the reasons that have informed our decision, and which have been communicated to the Council.

1. THE DECISION MAKING PROCESS:

From the evidence supplied it appeared that the final decision taken by the Council’s Failsworth Trust Committee failed to take account of some factors and issues that were relevant, whilst taking account of some factors that should not have been relevant. For example, on the one hand there was insufficient attention given to the feasibility of retaining the land, whilst on the other there was consideration of outcomes to be achieved under the proposed redevelopment that were not relevant to the Committee's decision.

On the basis of the evidence supplied concerning the consultation, this process was not sufficient. In our view, local residents were not given sufficient opportunity to respond, and those who did respond to the consultation were not in a position to make an informed response. It follows that the Trust Committee appointed to make the decision for the Council could not have made a fully informed decision, because they did not have sufficient evidence of beneficiaries’ views or about how those views had been, or were to be, addressed. The majority of people who did respond to the consultation rejected the proposal but we have seen no evidence that the concerns raised by these beneficiaries were considered and addressed.

2. MANAGEMENT OF CONFLICTS OF INTEREST:

There is evidence that insufficient independence was secured in appointing the Trust Committee for it to be able to make an unconflicted decision. In particular two out of the three members of the Trust Committee were too conflicted to participate in the decision: this meant there was not a quorum of Committee members eligible to participate in the decision. It also appears that the Trust Committee did not actively consider conflicts of interest concerning the impact of the re-development proposals on the value of the adjoining land, which is in the ownership of the Council, and how that might affect the value of the charity’s land.

3. WHETHER THE SWAP PROPOSAL WOULD SERVE THE CHARITY’S INTERESTS:

From the information provided, there is no clear evidence that the Trust Committee had access to, or considered, certain key pieces of information relevant to their decision. This particularly relates to the value of the site in question, of the Park as a whole, and of adjoining land, both in their present use and under revised use following re-development.

CONCLUSION:

In order to authorise the Council as trustee to proceed with the decision it has made, the Commission would need to be satisfied that the decision was expedient in the interests of the charity. Given the issues raised above we are unable to reach that conclusion.

On the evidence supplied, we are unable to conclude that the decision was fully informed or that the conflicts of interest were properly managed and that the charity's interests are best served by the proposal. We have therefore decided we are unable to provide the authority that has been requested.

This decision is based on the information we received in the Council’s application for authority. It remains open to the Council to consider submitting additional information, or whether it can address the issues we have highlighted to allow a fully informed decision to be taken, with the conflicts of interest managed. It could then make a further application to the Commission for authority of this new decision. If a further application is received the Commission will give due consideration to whether the Council has been able to address the issues fully and sufficiently.