Simon Corney has stark news for Latics Fans!

Corney 'Exclusive'

Full-article not available yet…

Latics chairman Simon Corney speaks exclusively to the Chronicle in the aftermath of the Charity Commission decision to reject the trust land swap and sink the club's hopes of a new £20 million ground in Failsworth.

The Latics chief pulls no punches and has some stark news for Latics fans.

More sensationalist bollocks from our former media 'partner' or is the storm gathering and ready to unleash a cloud-burst on the BP faithful?

Edited by Ackey

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My hunch is that it is we will run out of money at the end of the season.

Next year drastically reduce the budget if not promoted.

It will certainly be aimed at th eCouncil, and rightly so.

Interesting that it is an exclusive by the Chron, that may mean a front page.

Such a shame it is not for positive reasons.

LEts hope some positivity is in there about the team. SC has got a record of telling it how it is, but depressing eveyone with it.

Not looking good is it.

It's so frustrating, every time we look like we're going to do something ON the field, the OFF-FIELD negativity destroys everything. It is a very worrying time and could destroy the momentum that PD has built. Just like in 02/03, every time we looked like nicking an auto place another financial bombshell hit.

It's so frustrating, every time we look like we're going to do something ON the field, the OFF-FIELD negativity destroys everything. It is a very worrying time and could destroy the momentum that PD has built. Just like in 02/03, every time we looked like nicking an auto place another financial bombshell hit.

Spot on, was it you who started the thread da ja vu? How right that was.

I've just been told what Simon has said in the press and it's as bleak as you might expect. No doubt somebody in Oldham will be able to summarise it before I get to see the online version but expect it to say that he's offski...

:( This is not looking good I see a 20 page thread coming on.

I've just been told what Simon has said in the press and it's as bleak as you might expect. No doubt somebody in Oldham will be able to summarise it before I get to see the online version but expect it to say that he's offski...

Can't you summarise what you have been told?

:( This is not looking good I see a 20 page thread coming on.

Look, we knew he'd be off in the summer anyway. BUT Simon has said this before, I hope he reconsiders at least until the end of the season or we're looking at a relegation battle after we lose 10 points….

OK, but bear in mind that it's second hand. So, what I've been told is that he's said that he's off (I don't know what timescales are involved) and that he's casting doubt on whether football will be played at Boundary Park next season.

To be honest, the realists amongst us knew that we'd end up ground sharing anyway. Whether there'll be a club left to request a ground share is another discussion….

did he say he is going now? with a 10 point deduction?

calm down prozac for christs sake

I've heard a lot of rumours lately but if SC did walk, surely we'd go into admin. He said himself the other day he didn't know how we can fund ourselves to the summer...

I've heard a lot of rumours lately but if SC did walk, surely we'd go into admin. He said himself the other day he didn't know how we can fund ourselves to the summer...

Corney exclusive has a "That's it, We're Off" header on the front and him merged onto the front of a 3-sided BP. I'm hoping the "We're Off" means Tameside or somewhere rather than anything else...

if Corney walked, there are other interested parties, which Corney has admitted to on many occasions